Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My attempt to have an enjoyable day of fishing yesterday was nearly derailed when I got a call from my wife as I was stepping into the boat. She was understandably in a bit of a panic because her car was not in the driveway. I had two choices, have my buddy drive us three hours home, or go fishing. I wisely chose fishing and left the calls to APD, insurance co., and the bank up to her. So if anybody sees a black 2013 Toyota 4runner SR5 with AK yellow plate #GLA346 around, give the PD a call and watch the felony stop action to follow. The good news was that I caught some steelhead, rainbows, and dollies while having a few beers and sipping some whisky on the river.

GB1

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I figured since you are in AK, the thread would look something more like this:

[Linked Image] laugh

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well, I can see Alaska from my bedroom window, but Los Anchorage is just out my front door.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Dude.....for some reason there's a rig that fits that description sitting in my stoner neighbor's driveway.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
My attempt to have an enjoyable day of fishing yesterday was nearly derailed when I got a call from my wife as I was stepping into the boat. She was understandably in a bit of a panic because her car was not in the driveway. I had two choices, have my buddy drive us three hours home, or go fishing. I wisely chose fishing and left the calls to APD, insurance co., and the bank up to her. So if anybody sees a black 2013 Toyota 4runner SR5 with AK yellow plate #GLA346 around, give the PD a call a watch the felony stop action to follow. The good news was that I caught some steelhead, rainbows, and dollies while having a few beers and sipping some whisky on the river.

I'm sure you made the right decision….perhaps….maybe….or not. smile

Good luck getting the car back; and even more with the wife - or perhaps yours can deal; not all are so lucky.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ironbender
Dude.....for some reason there's a rig that fits that description sitting in my stoner neighbor's driveway.

Book-em Dano!

Originally Posted by Klikitarik

I'm sure you made the right decision….perhaps….maybe….or not. smile

Good luck getting the car back; and even more with the wife - or perhaps yours can deal; not all are so lucky.

She was in a much better mood today. It made for a stressful AM for her when she was headed out with the kids to take them to school, only to find the driveway empty. If we get it back I just hope it's not trashed. I've got a line on a few here at work that I can easily replace it with if it doesn't show up. I think I'll go fishing again next week and see if it reappears. Couldn't hurt! grin

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
That's the spirit! Fish till the car shows up, or she picks out a new one.
Win, win!

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was listening to the radio today, and heard some news about Toyota trucks and SUVs being the preferred vehicles used by ISIS terrorists, because the trucks are almost "indestructible" (their words, not mine). According to the news Toyota was asked about it, and they had no idea where ISIS is getting the trucks from.
This:
http://www.autonews.com/article/201...inquiry-over-vehicles-being-used-by-isis

Not saying anything anything specific, just wondering if all stolen Toyota trucks are found or recovered by the police.

Last edited by Ray; 10/10/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Man, that's a bummer! Hopefully they don't find the car. We had friends that had their car stolen downtown and when they got it back it was full of trash and the hippies that lived in it for a weeks made for a vehicle that completely reeked.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That sucks bad.

On the other hand, any doubt that you had your schidt together is hereby laid to rest. Truck stolen? That's what PD is for. Fish on!

Well played sir!

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
IC B3

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Well I tried to reverse our fortune by hitting the river again today. No luck with the vehicle, but the fish were cooperating. Lots of chrome silvers around, kept a couple. First time with the spey rod. I'm hooked.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well I tried to reverse our fortune by hitting the river again today. No luck with the vehicle, but the fish were cooperating. Lots of chrome silvers around, kept a couple. First time with the spey rod. I'm hooked.

[Linked Image]

That looks like one of them 'gay silvers'. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Klikitarik

[Linked Image]

That looks like one of them 'gay silvers'. wink

does that mean Ptarmigan has caught the gay? sick

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
You guys lay off him. Can't you tell he's in crises?

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spey rods are indeed addictive. A couple friends are now so into casting that they don't seem to care about catching fish. Switch hands every other cast and one will quickly become quite adept. Extremely rare to find a condtion where one can't cast with one of those.

Just got a kit for a 16 ft 9-wt that I'll put together over the coming holidays. Going to see if I can work some antler rings into the handle to lengthen it a bit. I already have three spey's, and will gladly accept more.

Last edited by 1minute; 10/16/15.

1Minute
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Tough crowd tonight! grin Don't know if that one caught the gay, but if I didn't know better I'd say that trout was one of those that likes to swing both ways. It likes both the fresh and salt water.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, that's a trout then?

grin

I saw nothing about catching rainbows. (I wouldn't even know Alaska had them based on never seeing one in my 30-plus years in the state.)

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is beauty! Nevermind these spinner tossing heathens.

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Hey!!!!

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FishinHank
That is beauty! Nevermind these spinner tossing heathens.
I go both ways myself blush been known to break out the bubble with the surgical tubing threw the center..and sling fly's with my spiner! .…...kinky I'am

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

425 members (1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 59 invisible), 1,867 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,217
Posts18,447,403
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.