Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Big Sky Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Catching big brookies never gets old! For those of you concerned that my position with FoxPro will distract me from fishing, never fear, I have to have a balance between fishing and coyote hunting to stay happy. In fact we had planned to make a quick coyote stand Saturday morning but got blown out by the wind, so we went fishing instead. Hence, the reason I'm in camouflage.

It's strange how in the photo this fish almost looks a little dried out and nearly dead. I only picked him up long enough for a quick photo and tossed him right back in the water. He sped off like nothing had ever happened. Weird how he's all wrinkled looking in the photo even though he had only been out of the water maybe 30 seconds.
[Linked Image]

My partner is a die-hard fly fisherman. Here he is hooked into his first fish. We had a friendly competition to see who would catch more. I ended up with 6 and he caught 7. However, I will say in my defense I let him have the best area on the small pond as it was his first time up there.
[Linked Image]

Here's Dave with his first catch of the day.
[Linked Image]

While my partner caught one more fish than I did he only caught one male and I caught 2. Here's my second male brookie. Interesting to me was the fact he was also my second fish of the day. I hooked one more male later, but lost him before I could land him. So between us we caught 3 males and 10 females. Weird how the ratio was so one sided.
[Linked Image]

My pard with his only male. The thing had a huge head/mouth.
[Linked Image]

Last but not least, a parting shot of the final fish of the trip, and the tie breaker. My partner landed this chunky female to end our excursion. By this time the wind had really picked up and it was time to get off the mountain. I'm glad we did as the wind became insane in the afternoon snapping trees in two and busting branches all over the place. It was crazy, but thankfully my house didn't receive any damage. So all in all, it was a good day! Hope all enjoy the photos.
[Linked Image]

Is it Friday yet?
GB2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Not a good day, but a great one shared with a friend!

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice spot.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
WOW!!! AWESOME BROOKIES!!! My favorite trout!

Molon Labe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
WOW!!! AWESOME BROOKIES!!! My favorite trout!

SAME HERE!

But you knew that!

YOU SUCK!!!!! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Beautiful

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I love Brookies in fall Spawning colors!

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
141 members (257 mag, 32_20fan, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,456 guests, and 774 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,897
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.