Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
My favorite part of this thread is the recommendation of scopes that can't be exported from the US (SWFA SS) to a shooter in Oz.

That and a bloke getting all incoherently dogmatic about what might be the best choice for an activity he clearly has no actual knowledge or experience of. And then rabbitting on about how many rounds he's fired, as if it is meant to impress anyone. Like sex advice from someone who, while they've never actually copulated, has masturbated frequently and over a long time period.

Comedy gold!

BP-B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Big Stick

Shefire,

Always a hoot,when you flaunt your Imagination and it's Pretend,wrapped soundly within your Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery.

I don't feel compelled to apologize for owning more glass than you could begin to fathom..but "luckily" for you,Imagination and Pretend remain priced so you can afford to "contribute" too.

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!..................

Laughing! and drooling....

Wow +P+......................

So I'll take that as a yes on the Tasco/Simmons Connection... grin

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Seafire
Have run 1000+ rounds through .473" boltguns on numerous days. Am more than a touch comfy in having accrued more round count than everyone bolted together and have just might seen a scope or two.

I'll feign my "surprise" that the various 6x42's and 3-9x "particulars" are a whole fhuqking bunch more than vague.

Hell...I doubt if I've shot much than 100 6x42's and in the lowest of light,the Variable Fixed Fhuqker Illuminati blows 'em all outta the fhuqking water.

Hint.....................

So the short ( no pun intended whistle ) version is, you're a Tasco/Simmons Kind of Guy?

TOUCHE!

DON'T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF:......IT'S ALL SMALL STUFF!
D@MN; I miss my meds.
THE WINDS OF TYRANNY HAVE SHIFTED. BETTER TIMES AHEAD.
R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Hey Stick,

Ya just gotta love all them old wives tails, MIL/MIL Fixed Fuqkers. They even came in the fhuqkin' mail!!!! whodathunkit?!?......*grin*

Will be scooping a coupla few more and you just mighta twisted my arm on the Illuminati Fuqker....

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
My favorite part of this thread is the recommendation of scopes that can't be exported from the US (SWFA SS) to a shooter in Oz.

That and a bloke getting all incoherently dogmatic about what might be the best choice for an activity he clearly has no actual knowledge or experience of. And then rabbitting on about how many rounds he's fired, as if it is meant to impress anyone. Like sex advice from someone who, while they've never actually copulated, has masturbated frequently and over a long time period.

Comedy gold!

Like Carnac The Magnificent from half a World away!

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ridgeline
Hey Stick,

Ya just gotta love all them old wives tails, MIL/MIL Fixed Fuqkers. They even came in the fhuqkin' mail!!!! whodathunkit?!?......*grin*

Will be scooping a coupla few more and you just mighta twisted my arm on the Illuminati Fuqker....

[Linked Image]

Would hurt to get one dirty

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'oz,

Don't "forget"...you were gonna "tell" me about 6x42's and 3-9X's,you Clueless Dumbfhuqk.

Perhaps skip all things germane once again and go right to Whining instead. It ain't like you've got another move. Hint.

Bless your heart.

P.S. and by the way,actually shooting do illuminate more than a few thangs and it's never been tough to cypher who do and who don't. Pun be intended(Google it).

[Linked Image]

Don't let the cat get your tongue or the couch your kchunt..............

Shefire,

You Turd Polishing Clueless Fhuqk...you'd need a co-signer for the scope caps alone.

My weakness is BSA glass and Mossbergs.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!...........

'eyes,

If you could only begin to fathom the Touchetitude of your incredible Dumbfhuqkery.

[Linked Image]

Just sayin'...............

'line,

They'll make for better pixels,when wearing Illuminati's and leanin' against dead Bucks.(grin)

[Linked Image]

Reupold's attempt at variable illumination ain't horrid,but the repeatability of the erector is horrid,as is the latitude,when weighed objectively in accordance to The Illuminati.

How's the Tommy stocked CZ treating you?

Please realize how mean it is,to be crushing Fantasy with Facts,as these Drooling Dumbfhuqks only have Fantasy to "wield".

Take that away and they've got nothing...as the Stupid Fhuqkers are reliably stumped with Mail.

Wow +P+!...........

260Gal,

You musta "forgot" about Imaginary Pretend Ignore,yet again...you sappy Whining Lying Piece Of Schit Fhuqk.

Lookin' forward to your next Whine and a fresh batch of Excuses.

Laughing!............

'fee,

All my schit is Safe Queens.

Laughing!...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
) smile

Last edited by rickmenefee; 10/12/15.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I intend to buy a second super chicken 1-4 this year, the one I have is on a Ruger SR762 in an Aeroprecision mount, best scope going for the money. I like the reticle in it better than the NF cluster F....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'fee,

Living in arid conditions and traipsing within the confines of well manicured fenced fields,perhaps grants glass some Safe Queen favors.

[Linked Image]

The never ending balmy blue skies is easy on things too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Let's hope that The Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks didn't run out Imagination,Pretend or "remembered" their Imaginary Pretend Ignore...let along came to the realization that Mail just might not be as "daunting" as their Delusions tell them.

I'm fhuqking crying,I'm laughing sooooooooooooooo hard!

Where do these Clueless Kchunts come from?!?

Wow +P++!.....................

'p,

On my 308 Krunchenticker I went 10x MQ,with Skinners at 2700fps from it's 20". Could certainly flog on it harder,but I've got good dope and it reliably blows minds.

[Linked Image]

With the Magpul PRS,it is too heavy for anything but giggles...but do shoot like a dirty bastard.

I drive a 10x MQ on my BHW MK12SPR and it's a wicked bitch.

[Linked Image]

The Illuminati's reticle is without peer,as it's finite,crystalline and amazingly fast.

It defines "versatile".

[Linked Image]

Conjoin those attributes with it's incredible erector latitude and dots get connected,by literal default.

Look for 'em to catch on like wildfire................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are a real peace of work Big Stick. You make false assumptions about everybody else based on nothing other than the fact that you disagree with them. Jeez, you're a real peach.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/13/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

Unfounded assumptions, fantasy, boasting and invective, all wrapped up in confused thinking and gibberish. It is genuinely funny though. So many highlights already, and I’m sure the fun isn’t done yet.

Just a quick recap
The usual method is from a vehicle, at night, under a spotlight, and the conditions on the permit require headshots.

What does he reply with?
Oh my...now there's different kinds of "dark",upon different Hemispheres?!? Where and HOW do you Dumb Fhuqkers come up with this schit?

Yeah mate, spotlights do create a different kind of dark. Hint
Not some little 65 lumen penlight either. Hint
For my part I've spotlighted roos with a 6x42 (not a Leupold) and various 3-9x40 scopes, and they do the job. The better the glass the easier the job becomes. FWIW I've only once used an illuminated reticle for the purpose, and soon switched it off.

His response?

Cite the glass and reticle,that "ruined" your spotlighting. Yes I know,I know,you've never even seen or heard of the glass in question and do not "think",that such facts don't add more than a buncha fhuqking humor to the equation.

This is what happens when teachers don’t focus on reading comprehension in junior school…Hint

And he really gets in his stride when called on the fact that he really has no clue what he’s talking about, even posting a pic of some boxes on a shelf laugh

How many rounds you've fired doesn't count for much in making you an expert on conditions you have no knowledge or experience of. Most blokes who done a bit of shooting recognise that. When you start taking about things such as elevation travel and hold-off and how light and compact a scope is, in the context of spotlighting roos, all you are doing is demonstrating that. Hint.

All this thread really demonstrates is that Big Stick’s “advice” on just about anything has to be suspect. I’m not quite sure, yet, whether he’s a clown or an idiot – or both.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Sky,

No schit..."peace"?!? You Poor poor STUPID Fhuqk.

Wow.

Laughing!

Use as much of your Imagination and Pretend as you dare,to find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further in your incredible Stupidity.

Bless your heart.....................

'oz,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you must.

I'll feign my "surprise",that you remain more than a whole bunch uncomfy in glass "particulars",but rock a bitchin' Vagina Monologue instead. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess,as you obliviously quantify just how far you are in over your pointy head...while remaining WELL shy of a first fhuqking clue.

You Do Nothing Day Dreaming Dumb Fhuqks are a hoot!..................

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Leaning toward "both"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by go_bears

I'm open to other ideas so what would you guys choose to help this Aussie shoot some kangaroos?

go-bears, I think you'd be best advised to ask this question on an Aussie hunting forum. shocked

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'oz,

You be sure to tilt as requisite,to fuel your Imagination and spark your Pretend.

I'll feign my "surprise",that the "Magical" 6x42's and 3-9x's encountered in your vast "experience",quantified by your "knowledge" and bolstered by your "results"...just ain't gonna ever come to light. Hell,I enjoy your Imagination and Pretend,almost as much as you do,though for very different reasons.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

The only thing you "shoot" is your mouth and Imagination.

[Linked Image]

I know,I know...you are gunning Super Secret Squirrel Chamberings,Bullets and Rifles in these "trying" pursuits too?!?

You Dumbest Of Fhuqks crack me up! Who chews your food for you?

Bless your heart..................

'go,

Side by each extrapolations,have been knowed to bear fruit...no matter the Hemisphere.

Google it.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hint.

Groovin' on the "Special Dark" Clause.

Laughing!..................

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'Sky,
No schit..."peace"?!? You Poor poor STUPID Fhuqk.
Wow.
Laughing!
Use as much of your Imagination and Pretend as you dare,to find me "mistaken" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further in your incredible Stupidity.
Bless your heart.....................

Big Stick/Boxer/Larry, you are a real piece of work, once again spreading true hate and discontent. I'll play your game just this once. It’s been fun stroking you and toying with you but it has become tiring. Anybody who is not you or one of your sycophants or one who is unwilling to challenge you in any way is, in your mind, a do-nothing, know-nothing, worthless human being. According to you, they/we are all people who don’t shoot, don’t get out and hunt and aren’t real outdoorsman. To use your phrase, it’s easy to see them that do. The problem is, you’re wrong. It’s easy to see them that tell you that they do and what they do. The problem for your analysis is that most have been brought up to not be braggadocios. Most like to come here and participate in grown-up conversation to both share and learn without providing their outdoor or shooting resume.

One of the biggest problems with you is that you stifle so much discussion and input. You keep so many people from asking questions out of fear that Larry and his posse will make fun of them and belittle them for asking questions to which they don’t know the answer. You are one of the worst kinds of human beings. You are a bully. I don’t come online and brag about what I do or did and therefore you think you know me. You think you know that I’ve never been there, done that; so, to you, I sit on my couch, licking windows and living vicariously through you. Yep, it’s easy to see them that do. I have some questions for you:

How many times have you been in a combat zone? Zero. How many times have you been in a foreign county on behalf of your country? Zero. How many hours have you spent walking through the desert in full combat gear, IBA, ACH, ruck with 80 pounds of gear, and out of water and still driving on? Zero. Have you spent weeks in 110 degree plus heart, without showering and still affectively done your job? No. Can you tear down and reassemble an M2 50 cal, a MK19, an M9, an M11, a 249, a 240 (B&C), a 203, a 320, an M60, an M16, an M4, a 25MM main gun while blindfolded? No. How about not blindfolded? No. How many people have you instructed and trained on the use of the above? Zero. How many times have you successfully disarmed/neutralized UXO or booby traps? Zero. How many enemies of this country have tried to kill you and your buddies? Zero. Have you attained combatives level 3 and been instructor certified in such? No. Have you received a Hotel (H) designator from both the U.S. Army Armor School and the U.S. Army Infantry School? No. Have you put in excess of over 100,000 rounds down range in any given year? No. Have you hiked through the mountains for 7 to 14 days at a time, for multiple years, living off of solely what is in your pack? No. You drive your cute truck every where. I could go on and on; but, that’s enough. You get my point.

I know dozens of young kids who make you look like the worthless blowhard you are and who have seen things and done things beyond your comprehension; young kids with whom you could only hope to emulate on your best day and their worse. Yet we get the privilege of reading your musings knowing you are sitting behind a computer screen patting yourself on the back and giggling to yourself while bullying others and giving yourself some sort of false sense of self-worth.

If for some reason I took you hunting in the mountains with me, you couldn’t keep up on your best day and my worse. Holy crap would I love the opportunity to prove that. I feel sorry for you because you don’t know how much you don’t know about me and others. If you and I were face to face and you mouthed off like you do on this forum, you would be wearing your ass for a hat. That probably applies to multiple people you verbally assault. You have the safety of miles of distance and electronic communication and for that you should feel very lucky.

I’ll even admit and have admitted that you do know about some of the topics on which you speak. The problem is, so do others. Hell, most stuff you discuss my father told me many years ago. I will and do give you credit when due; but, you are not the source of all of this information. You invented none of this. Let’s use you and me as examples. Almost without exception, I have used almost every rifle, scope, camera, fly rod, etc., etc. which you have discussed in your musings. You can’t even come close to having used what I have. You can’t even come close to having seen what I have seen and done what I have done. If you knew half as much as I do then you would know twice as much as you actually do. Yet, to you, I am the window licker. It will be interesting to watch your smart ass reply to this with your “Laffin” and your “grins” and your “+P” while you and your minions giggle, like the school yard bully and his followers, all the while completely unaware that probably 99% of the members on this forum will just be shaking their heads at you as always. You are a pathetic human being who deserves and has both my sympathy and my utter disdain.

My apologies to all for the long post and the bragging contained therein. It is my intent to never brag again and to continue to allow Big Stick/Boxer/Larry continue on his holier than thou and demeaning ways.

Last edited by TheBigSky; 10/13/15.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
For me, Larry's devolution from a helpful font of useful knowledge to his current propensity for rude rantings has been sad to watch.

If you compare the helpful posts and PMs of the Big Stick of a decade ago to the rude/boorish behavior he exhibits today, it seems obvious that something has happened in his life to cause such a dynamic change to his on-line personality. Some have speculated that the "IT" was the unexpected death of his Wife's Son, Kyle, in 2010, but Larry had been previously banned from 24HCF for his racist attack on Kamo Gari prior to Kyle's death, so I don't think that Kyle's death was the catalyst for Larry's change.

Larry sent this PM to me in 2003:

"Jeff,

I punched a 24" S/S 700 in 7-08 to 284Win and have the 22" 7SAUM to compare to them. The SAUM is 200fps faster in the 22" Model Seven tube,than the 284 wearing the 24" tube.

Of course those are not comprehensive results and only reveal the performance of but a coupla rifles against each other,though I believe it to be a fair assesment.

There was about a 350fps difference between the 24" 7-08 and the 22" SAUM. I AM a huge 7-08 fan,but the SAUM really is an excellent chambering for critters. For paper/play,I'd be content doing the 7-08 Thing,but given my druthers for Game,I'd opt the juice of the SAUM and would actually prefer it in the smaller/shorter Model Seven package(I really love mine,it is a superb little rifle).

All the chamberings you mention,are fabulous in my opinion and there isn't a poor choice in the lot. I'd just steer you to do what your cravings tell you and if you gotta do something different,do it. If not,rest easy that you is in great shape with the 7-08.

It is impossible for me to tell you with a straight face,that the 7-08 isn't superb and really crunches critters. How it does what it does,I can't explain. That being said,I see the SAUM as simply more of a good thing and that ain't bad.

I'm pretty sweet on the SAUM,if you couldn't tell but like them all a bunch............".

Helpful and friendly, right? Pretty hard to believe that this was written by the same person posting earlier in this tread, isn't it?

I feel sorry for Larry, as the devolution for his behavior seems so similar to the downward spiral of addiction that I have seen time and time again. I no longer read his posts, as I set a low threshold for rude behavior. Sympathy for the man, contempt for the behavior.

Or so it seems to me.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff -

The PM you posted is the exact same flavor of response I received from him a few weeks ago regarding a Montucky in 7-08 and reloading for it.

No change.

Maybe it's more to do with how a guy gets asked these days?

Dunno.

Me

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't think I saved love notes from my wife... when she was my girlfriend in 2003. That is impressive to keep a PM so long.

I apologize for the commentary, and hate to divert the thread any more than it has. We went from scopes with good light transmission (per OP's posts)... to spotlighting from a rig... to personal messages from 2003. Requirements for spotlighting are not the same as low light scenarios. Yanks have been shooting critters in cornfields via spotlight with all manner of scopes. Pick one and run with it.

However, I am interested in being a part-time roo-shooter, so forgive me for sidetracking one more time. How do I sign up? Is there a serious need for shooters? It seems that there is a legit need for the meat market and not many Aussies willing to do it..

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
272 members (222Sako, 22250rem, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 28 invisible), 1,932 guests, and 913 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,806
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.