Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Whats the general consensus on these? I was at Dicks and they had one REAL cheap, being the scattergun slut I am I bought it.

Super light, seems well built, feels like a Benelli, guess it should as its from the same stable. Thinkin it will make for a good all rounder.

Anyone have one?

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
GB1

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
passport, auto loaders are not my thing.. Have only owned one or two.. But several of my friends from the earlier years used these shotguns and loved them.. Light and durable at least those ones were.. When I handled them, I really liked the way they felt.. Probably and excellent buy.

Molon Labe
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'm a franchi o/u guy and love them. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with your model. I did own an older 48 though that worked flawlessly in the pheasant fields of my youth

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I got an Affinity in 20GA, and have been very pleased with it. Points and shoots well. Easy to clean. Got ducks in the freezer with this one.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I bought one of the 20 gauge Affinity Compacts. Would like to get a regular buttstock as well, any idea on where to order them? Did not see it on the Franchi website.

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Thats how I bought mine at Dicks. About $200 less, but you dont get all the choke tubes or stock shims...
Tubes are cheap enough.

Mine had about 1000 round through for trap & sporting clays... and a few for duck hunting. I mostly bought for duck hunting and its my trap range loaner for guest shooters on our team.

It doesnt miss a beat and I am happy.

Would love to catch a dicks sale again on a 20 gauge...

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Mine pointed and moved well but kicked the living chit out of me, my 870's kicked less. Im sure it was fit but since I was in the gun so well I just sent it down the road.

Back to my 1100's and 870's

It�s a magazine not a clip......

Advice is seldom welcome, and those who need it the most, like it the least.�
- Lord Chesterfield. 1750
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by duckster
I bought one of the 20 gauge Affinity Compacts. Would like to get a regular buttstock as well, any idea on where to order them? Did not see it on the Franchi website.

Numrich Gun Parts, about $75 shipped

NRA Endowed Patron Life Benefactor
GOA Life Member
TSRA Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Is the Affinity the one that is supposed to be the same as an M2?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Is the Affinity the one that is supposed to be the same as an M2?

Travis

Yes but there is no equal in my book except the M1. I have an old M1 I have had forever but it has a M2 barrel on it so I guess it's a M1.5. Either way its as you would say flippin uber.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Well fugk me.

I'm gonna buy me an Affinity.

The M2 is the best fugking shotgun ever made.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Comparison link, been kicking the idea around think I will stick the Benelli.

http://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/3461061212

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yeah I'm wanting a M2 in 20ga. They are the cats ass. The only thing about the Franchi guns are they don't run a gun very long. They are more like their parent company beretta as they change their line up every few years as to where Benelli change their line up every once in a while. They may add something but don't drop their bread and butter guns.

The M2 has the same internals as the M1 but the choke system is I little different and they added the comfort tech stock. I prefer the plain ol stock myself, but the new choke system patterns to point of aim better than the old mobile choke tube did.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
The Benelli M2s recoil spring is in the butt stock. The Affinity has the recoil spring in the forearm. Other than that they are just about the same gun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by seal_billy
... I prefer the plain ol stock myself, but the new choke system patterns to point of aim better than the old mobile choke tube did.

What?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
They are made on the same assembly line as the M2's. This is not a Turkish inertia gun.

I bought the 20ga compact with 26" barrel for my daughter and picked up a full size stock from Numrich in case I ever shoot it. So far she won't let me so I bought a 686 20ga for myself.

It's a nice little auto. The only complaint I have is that it is difficult to push the shells into the tube. It's not an issue unless shooting high volume though. It can be fixed by a smith but it's really stiff to load from the factory. The spring is fine ,it's just hard to get past the shell holder.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
So they ARE M2's?

Travis

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ordered a full size buttstock for the compact 20, should be here this week

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by duckster
Ordered a full size buttstock for the compact 20, should be here this week

The stock I bought from Numrich came without a butt pad. I called Franchi and asked about getting one. I very nicely suggested a stock assembly should include the butt pad and the guy sent me one for free FYI.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I bought a Franchi Affinity camo model 20 ga..Great shooting gun light weight(5.6 lbs) ejects very shell I put threw it.I would buy another one in a heart beat.

Last edited by coobie; 11/26/15.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 71 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,677
Posts18,456,258
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.