Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So it sounds like you're using it as a pain killer, not necessarily an anti-inflammatory?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

BP-B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
1). Chaga : make a tea from this birch tree fungus. A "super food", with several beneficial properties ranging from fighting cancer, to mood stability, and anti-viral and anti-inflammatory characteristics.

Look up scientific studies in pubmed.com. Chaga has the highest levels of anti-oxidants known. Something like 1000x higher than blueberries and acai berries

Don 't buy the tablets (quality varies). Buy the raw material and brew a tea (hot water extraction).

Also, eat a Mediterranean / anti-inflammatory diet.

Last, get a quality teeth cleaning / prophylaxis, and floss your teeth 2-3x/week with 10-15 strokes /tooth side. Focus on thoroughness. Oral bacteria, going systemic, is a leading problem for causing systemic inflammation problems, taxing our immune system. Reducing oral bacteria load, with thorough flossing helps the bodies' immune system.

I'm a dental hygienist, with periodontal experience.

Last edited by buttstock; 10/16/15.

"Behavior accepted is behavior repeated."

"Strive to be underestimated."
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by smokepole
So it sounds like you're using it as a pain killer, not necessarily an anti-inflammatory?

Both

Look up tart black cherry juice as well. I'm going to be ordering some shortly once I remember the name of the sugarless concentrate. It came with a pump bottle and one squirting in glass simply ad water. It worked excellent, I got the tip from my f-i-l.

When we moved I forgot about it, my wife just mentioned it and how well it worked for me along with a healthy diet it's noticeable relief

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ha, way ahead of ya:

Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
My wife just started me on the tart cherry juice. How much do you take and what is curcumin ?

Like Battue said, it's an extract of Turmeric. Seems to work.

On the cherry juice, 8 oz of twice a day.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Pay me enough and I'll make you boys up a supply of capsicum suppositories.

laissez les bons temps rouler
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well, I did hear that you were one of the utmost authorities on putting things up your butt......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Ha predictable!!!!.

Driving home from hunting in Michigan with a Bud I said that would be your reply.

Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are several herbs and spices that are said to be anti-inflammatory. If you have any doubts about a certain herb or spice relating to medications you may be taking, you can always ask your doctor or find the information at "webmed" and such.

The following are considered anti-inflammatory spices, herbs (or roots) that can be introduced to your diet:

-Turmeric (sold as a spice in most US supermarkets, but a little expensive)
-Ginger
-Cinnamon
-Garlic
-Cayenne
-Black pepper
-Clove (sweet cloves)

You can sprinkle turmeric on fried eggs, for example, on steaks, and so on. You can cut a couple of pieces of ginger root, and boil them in two cups of water for a very tasty cup of tea. The same with cloves (put some in a hot cup of water and drink as a tea). Or a cinnamon steak in boiling water. I do this at my campsite during moose season smile

http://www.healthline.com/health/osteoarthritis/turmeric-and-anti-inflammatory-herbs#BlackPepper8

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/lifestyle-guide-11/supplement-guide-turmeric

Last edited by Ray; 10/17/15.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by battue
Ha predictable!!!!.

Driving home from hunting in Michigan with a Bud I said that would be your reply.

That's nothing. I told my plumber that any minute, you'd be recommending a suppository.....

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
What? You were at the urologist again? Most only go once a year. Hmmm....

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M

Lol good one.

Ray i've been eating tumeric on my eggs, hamburgers and steaks for years. Also like to add it to soups and chili. Hell maybe I'll even try it on my oatmeal tomorrow morning. Nah, that's what the raw cocoa powder, raw honey and cinnamon are for

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
Ray Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MolonLabe41

Lol good one.

Ray i've been eating tumeric on my eggs, hamburgers and steaks for years. Also like to add it to soups and chili. Hell maybe I'll even try it on my oatmeal tomorrow morning. Nah, that's what the raw cocoa powder, raw honey and cinnamon are for

Yes, turmeric adds a good flavor to steaks, eggs, and so on, and adds a nice color to brown or wild rice, or chili. My wife likes a cinnamon tea she makes by putting a cinnamon stick in boiling water and letting it sit to cool for a few minutes.

I have some arthritis on my left hand near the wrist, but it bothers me only if I hit (jar) my hand against something, or at night if I twist my wrist while asleep. Anyway, I have been taking vitamin B12, and the pain has subsided quite a lot. It's still there, but nothing like it was six months ago.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 76 invisible), 3,081 guests, and 1,418 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,679
Posts18,399,604
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.