The Tamron SP 15-30mm Di VC USD lens may be the best landscape lens I have ever shot. It is incredibly sharp, and renders great saturation and color. I really enjoy composing landscapes where you pull in a lot of the scene and have the ability to focus really close as well. When I work as a photojournalist, I prefer using a wide angle lens to capture environmental portraits as well. The Tamron SP 15-30mm Di VC USD lens does everything I could expect out of an ultra-wide and more.

The newest lens in the line of new lenses from Tamron sets the bar very high for the rest of the industry in my opinion. With all of the great new innovations, weather sealed construction, eBand coatings and fast silent USD drive makes it more than competitive in the field. It isn’t light, but it is hard to get all that glass into a small package. I have been shooting it now for about a month and a half and have been impressed with its’ fast focus and the ability to hand hold the lens for portraits as well. Being an f2.8 lens is fantastic for limiting depth of field when necessary or for low light.

If you are a serious landscape shooter, this lens needs to be in your bag! Time to give Mark a call up at Camera Land NY and get your Tamron SP 15-30mm Di VC USD lens ordered. As always make sure you let him know you are a member of the Campfire!

All of the following images were made using the Tamron SP 15-30mm Di VC USD lens.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great photography is not about being in the right place at the right time, it is about putting yourself in the right place at the right time.