Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Whilst not formalized yet, it appears that CMP will allow optics in Sporting rifle 4.5x32 max.

http://thecmp.org/2016-cmp-rifle-and-pistol-rule-changes/

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
March scopes are working on a CMP legal scope.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 10/23/15.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That will be nice for folks with vision issues for sure!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
It's about time they did this. The military has only been using scopes on M16s and M4s for about 20 years. Hopefully the NRA will follow suit with match rifles.

Personally I wonder if putting a scope on an AR15, high enough to clear the iron sights, might make it difficult to get a good cheek position.

The rule change that I like is the one that eliminates alibi strings in rapid fire for equipment malfunctions. I've never had an alibi (except for pit service etc.) and this will encourage shooters to keep their stuff in good condition.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
March scopes are working on a CMP legal scope.

I'd imagine a FX-2 4x32 with turrets would be all you'd need, or am I missing something? Would the extra .5x matter?

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd want parallax adjustment, target turrets and a zero stop.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Didn't even think of those things .... but to me either the front post dances around the black dot or the cross hairs will do it smile

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
A lot of suggestions from the top shooters have been passed along to Shiraz Bilolia, North and South American distributor for March scopes. His company is Bullets.com or Grizzly. Shiraz is a prominent FClass shooter also. Shiraz is working with March on this.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Butch, if you are talking to them, tell them a fixed power scope is fine. No need for adj magnification at such low powers.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
The reason for a scope sight in CMP matches is NOT magnification (unless you want to read mirage, in which case you would need about 20X).

The reason is putting the front sight and the target in the same focal plane. Magnification is basically unimportant.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
It will be a fixed power and he is visiting with some of the top shooters about this. You need to get it right the first time.
The great thing about the March, other than the ED quality glass, is the absolute tracking on windage and elevation. Not like 99% of the other brands.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The rules are made by old guys.

The rules have been evolving in CMP and High Power to keep old guys more competitive against young guys. Who'd a thunk it.

Brushbuster: "Is this thread about the dear heard or there Jeans?"
Plugger: "If you cant be safe at strip club in Detroit at 2am is anywhere safe?"
Deer are somewhere all the time
To report a post you disagree with, please push Alt + F4. Thank You.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No, I think the rules are just moving with the reality of technology.

Don't "complain" that CMP rules are making old farts more competitive, complain (if you must) that technology is making everyone more competitive. I'm sure there were people that complained that the M14 made life too easy on left handers. crazy

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Youper
The rules are made by old guys.

The rules have been evolving in CMP and High Power to keep old guys more competitive against young guys. Who'd a thunk it.

There are a lot more old guys, so it stands to reason.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That and it seems to open the door to get a lot more folks in the door as (IMHO) now many folks are equipped to play. Guys/gals can bring out their M-4-ish and play. May not be competative, but will welcome more folks to try and if they like what they're doing they may take the plunge. Much more so with these rule changes than before them, as there aren't nearly the number of guys with A2 configured rifles.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
The downside is those that have to keep up with the rules to be competitive, its going to cost money. 20K rounds of 223 a year cost us money to start with...

This would cost us more.

I really wished in one way, that there would remain an irons only division... but I"m old....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
It seems the NRA is keeping service rifle irons only (there is a "tactical rifle where optics are welcome).

I think the comment time has expired, next up should be approval or disapproval.

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Guess I didn't read well enough, must be NRA match rifle rules change possibly then.

Actually it would make more sense to use it as service rifle rules rather than match, due to whats being used in the field, but I digress.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rost495
Guess I didn't read well enough, must be NRA match rifle rules change possibly then.

Actually it would make more sense to use it as service rifle rules rather than match, due to whats being used in the field, but I digress.

The rule change is for CMP (leg matches only). NRA would not change. But there is an optics class or tactical class for NRA matches now. CMP would be limited to 4.5 x. Don't think there is a power limit for NRA

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
well if its for leg only, thats weird, cause CMP hosts a myriad of other matches.

And if for leg, one would be forced to buy and shoot optics because you always take every advantage you can, such that its ability vs ability and not ability vs equipment.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 2,089 guests, and 728 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,672
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.