Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That certainly is a whole bunch of rain on a parade...

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Seafire
That certainly is a whole bunch of rain on a parade...

Torrential.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think a simple L.L.C. would solve the issue here, and since the would be no assets there is no one or anything to gain from a law suit, there are plenty of attorneys on this site that could set this up with very little cost.

Theres no reason to prevent this great tribute to end.

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Another route might be that a care package could be put together (scope, knife etc.) and the funds rounded up for the firearm could be used to purchase said firearm near winners home town but dad or mom has to pickup and do the paper work. Would something like that make liabilities not an issue?

Holding onto anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other the person to die ......

"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
That would work but once an L.L.C. is set up there is no time frame, its viable for ever, and then all of the donations even knives and bullits would be moot points, no lawyer is even going to take a case that has no reward, and this corporation would never have any assets to be considered.

It needs to be kept simple and fun as Micky would want it!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
Another route might be that a care package could be put together (scope, knife etc.) and the funds rounded up for the firearm could be used to purchase said firearm near winners home town but dad or mom has to pickup and do the paper work. Would something like that make liabilities not an issue?

good ideas guys...

I am not the type of guy to be deterred....

already had my mind on these type of solutions...

all of the veteran rifles are sent to an FFL...and the recipient had to pass a background check before taking possession of it...

and all previous rifles sent as presents, were sent to an FFL, and the recipient had to pass an FFL Background check before taking possession of it also...

an attorney on the campfire that would like to give a little input, please feel free to PM me...

thanks..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I understand the ramifications here, but it sure is a shame to see such a good and honest effort, that's worked in the past multiple times, getting bogged down here. I'm in for the knives and some cash too. Just let me know where to send it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I have thought about changing this a little this time around....

I am going to post this ( And SOMEONE tell me how to contact Rick Bin, Or Contact him for me if you know him personally, so this can be a Sticky) as a new thread...

I am going to format it so those that have kids in need, or worthwhile young hunters getting started can post their story....

then those that have items they would like to donate, they can look at our candidates and find someone they would like to send that stuff to, and can send it directly to the recipient...

this eliminates the logistics of sending your donations to me and then me deciding on and then forwarding them to a recipient...saves time and turn around time.. plus the donor has their choice of who gets it... eliminating hopefully the issues of last year, where I sent something to a little gal in Indiana, and I guess there was some bad blood between her dad and a couple of forum members...

Plus these folks will get the items in time for Christmas or a better chance of it...

financial donations can still be sent here and will be spent on a Ruger Hunting Rifle and Scope, etc.. for ONE recipient...

If folks having items to send to the recipient of their choice, they can also send a cash donation to them as well...

We can keep it like a Secret Santa Scenario...

We'll try it this way this year and see how it goes...

and of course donations to the Mickey Coleman K 9 Christmas Donation, can be sent to me and I'll award it to the local shelter in or near Mickey's Home town in Alabama in his Memory as a gift from 24 hour Campfire...

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Making it work is more important than scrapping the whole idea. If a LLC can alleviate the liability, that may be the way to go.

An attorney can tell you what the next step is, but no amount of planning can stop someone from filing a lawsuit regardless of disclaimers.

In the Hunter Ed program, we did just what you are talking about, by soliciting stories of young people that would want to hunt and why they would be worthy of this opportunity. It was really compelling when you saw these applicant's stories and their desire to be able to go hunting.

I contacted different people and businesses for support on this venture and for 5 years, we never ran out of people and businesse's donations. Actually the same businesses donated the same materials annually.

We got rifles, scopes, a wall tent, food, taxidermy and a private ranch donated every year. It was a very worthwhile venture, too bad there are conditions out there that can jeopardize these opportunities...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

This really worked well. There is nothing like providing an opportunity for young people to experience the outdoors like this...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think that there are enough good people here to do both, a donation to a shelter and a gift to some deserving young person. There should be a safe, legal path to getting a rifle into the young persons possession. We have legal scholars here that should be able to help. I know that I am in. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bump to the top....

can someone contact a Moderator and make this a sticky.... since the OP is useless on such stuff... whistle

thanks to Shrap's input, so we can navigate this thru the right obstacles...

remember guys anything else shouldn't have much of a liability to bait some greedy lawyer out of the legal shark tank.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
BTT

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Don't have anything to donate to the cause, but count me in for 20 bucks.

Let me know when and where to send it.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bootsfishing
'
Find who you want the gun to go to, ask the parents where they can buy, send a money order or gift card or such.. IMHO it should be almost no way to have liability there...

When we raffle "guns" at the fire dept, we give a gift card for the amount of specific guns... you win, you can use it to buy food, ammo or whatever at the walmart generally speaking.

Someone post the link to the animal shelter and we'll toss some money that direction, and if the gun idea still floats I'm sure we can toss in 20 there too... thats the joy of these things.. a bunch of folks participate, but don't have to give much, and lots still gets done. Easy on all involved(except logisitics)

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Bump...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
btt

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This can be one of the best things we do all year and I'm sure a lot of people at the Fire will be glad to participate.

Why?

1) We'll be giving something back to what was so helpful in what was given to us.

2) It will be giving a never to be forgotten Christmas for the youngsters.

3)We'll be demonstrating the very best of those at the Fire.

And I'm sure there are a lot more good reasons that those at the Fire can post here.

Steve

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Gentlemen,

I've had a suggestion from a long time forum member, that I thought was a pretty darn good idea... so since I am the committee whistle on this, I was thinking of running with it.. Mickey would have wanted it this way I bet...

Everyone knows Mickey loved dogs, and what was suggested, and what I have decided to do ( with a little modification of the original idea)....

If someone knows what Mickey's Home Town was in Alabama, please let me know....

part of this will be set up as a donation to a dog shelter in Mickey's Home Town....these places always have needs, and there are some of us who would like to make a donation to that in Mickey's name...

I'm starting the ball rolling with a commitment of $20 to the dog shelter donation of our Annual Christmas Mickey Coleman Memorial Program....

If someone donating would like the finances to go to the Dog Shelter Donation in Mickey's name, please mark your donation check as so being or if cash is sent, drop a line in your envelope letting me know...

Thanks guys and thanks to the Gentleman who came up with such a darn good idea...who humbly desired a little anonymity...which we will honor...

I don't have any contact info for a shelter, but Mickey lived in Greenville, AL

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So question to the campfire.....

How do you gentlemen feel about doing another Christmas present for a deserving youth in Memorial to Mickey Coleman?

I had in mind, a Ruger American... in the caliber of their choice...Scope, Sling, Binocs, maybe hunting knife...keeping it simple...

Feedback would be appreciated...

thanks....

I don't have another rifle to donate like last year, but I am sure I could find some gear that anyone would love to use.

Do we have a master list of what has been donated and what we would need?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1eyedmule, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 222Sako, 222ND, 67 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.