Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
capital idea(s) John

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
BP-B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Here is what we are going to do for Christmas Program in Mickey's Honor....

1. Donations that will be sent to the Butler County Human Society
https://www.petfinder.com/member-pages/AL274

2. For those that have items that they would like to donate for a young shooter as a Christmas gift, we will list them.

3. Submission by parents of these youths, can submit a request of something their child would like or needs.

This way, donors can look at the needs of the kids, and donate to the child of their choice, or choices. and send it directly to the parents via PM contact..

Parents can look at the list of things being donated and contact the donor, to see if they would be interested in donating it to their child.

This will eliminate the logistics of items being sent to me and then divided up and then re shipped by me... saves time and saves shipping costs.

Donations are still being accepted, and will be used to purchase a Rifle and scope for ONE members Child, and to cover other expenses...

Donors can stipulate what they want their donations to be use for.. and can specify it be sent to one child in particular or the animal shelter.

Open to any other suggestions... this will sorta be like a Secret Santa Scenario.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

I have a Leupold VX-III 2.5-8X 36mm MATTE DUPLEX that has been completely refurbished by Leupold and has not been mounted since.

I would like to send it to a youngster who both needs it and would enjoy using it, all in remembrance of Mickey Coleman.

Please PM me if you know of a youngster who would fit the above requirement.

Thank you,

Steve

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't we have anyone here at the Fire who knows of a youngster who could use a decent scope?

My question above notwithstanding, I really don't know of a youngster in that category who could use a scope. So, we could use some help from someone out there.

It's for a very good cause and honors a really great guy(Mickey).

Steve

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Micki's home town was Greenville, Alabama

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm surprised that there are not any takers who could pass along the above scope to some youngster who could use it.

I'm going to leave the offer open for a few more days and then withdraw it.

Please let me know if you know of a needing and deserving youngster.

Steve

Last edited by 7x57STEVE; 11/21/15.
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
Steve - If you don't have another youth who you have been contacted about I would be glad to offer your scope to one of the students we are working with in the shooting program we are setting up at the school where I teach:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...sas_State_High_School_Clay_#Post10718487

This is my 31st year teaching HS science at Sterling HS (KS) and I am fortunate to be involved in a district that has supported this opportunity for our students. For years I have taught the role hunting/hunters play as a part of wildlife management and conservation in the Biology classes that I teach, so it is exciting to see students now getting more opportunities to take a more active part in the shooting sports.

Thank you for your donation to help get the next generation started.

Dan

"Kids don't remember their best day of television."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Passed by his exit on I-65 Wed. And will again tomorrow, can't help but think about him.

A good man indeed.

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gentlemen....

been very busy for the last 2 1/2 weeks...however, checking in on this Thread, the Campfire's response this year has been pretty dismale to say the least...

Received 3 donations and that is it...

along with NO ONE has even submitted the name of a deserving youth....

Since tomorrow is the 1st of December, we need to do a little soul searching, and decide if we are going to do this Christmas Project for a deserving youth this year or not...

any and all input is highly appreciated...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe I missed it, but I never saw a final plan nor a place to send the funds. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
112 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,368 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.