Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Typing this in Word because it would be impossible on the site. Obviously I’ve been on the site for a very long time but something SERIOUSLY changed recently. Site has become unusable. EVERYTHING takes MANY minutes, scrolling down the page, typing a couple letters, opening a post, everything is unbearable. Can hear my drive spinning endlessly, often get “24hourcampfire.com not responding” or “24hourcampfire.com not responding due to a long running script”. It’s like there are a million long scripts running in the background. Retired and spend quite a bit of the day all over the internet. This is the ONLY site that does it. Takes quite awhile after I exit the site for the site to close but when it does my drive shuts right off.

It is going to be painful to get this pasted and posted.

Again typing off site, Yep! almost impossible to get this posted. While trying I was tempted to just say screw it! Closed the site several times because it appeared that it might never respond. Just scrolling down to the end of the forum list to “Talk to Webmaster” takes minutes. At one point restarted the PC to get everything reset, ensure that 24H is the only tab running. When first open you get a few early clicks that aren’t too slow but then with each click it just keeps bogging down more and more until you need to close it because it just seems locked and starts to display things funky.

After about the 8th restart I just can’t get it to scroll to the bottom of the forum list. The little circle thing just sits there spinning. Ok, closed and restarted IE11 again. Only made it ¼ down the scroll before it locked, circle thing spinning. Checked other sites, hotmail, facebook, huntingpa, yahoo news, all running like clockwork. Back to 24H now allowed to scroll 1/3 down page. A minute later made it to the bottom of list, awaiting “talk to webmaste” to open. OK not too bad getting to “New Topic”. Other tries this was a showstopper. Success is eminent. Going for the paste and hopefully it will submit!

Took over an hour to get this pos

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
send a pm to deflave.........he handles this sort of problem.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Meant to post new topic.

Last edited by glazer1972; 10/08/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If its any consolation, you're not the only one. And I access the forum via various computers and phones via different networks.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This has been gone over a lot recently in posts here:

1. The Internet Explorer MSN browser is a MAJOR, MAJOR culprit. Try Firefox and Google Chrome.

2. The ad's are causing major problems. Use Adblocker.

3. Clean out your cookies.

This worked for me and several others.

Last edited by William_E_Tibbe; 10/14/15.
IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Close thread.

Do not post.

lolol

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Adblocker made all the difference in the world, returned this site to quickness. But not without a little consequence, not often but with a few other sites I've noticed they may not display at all or correctly the first time. Might have to re-click the link to get a proper display.

Using IE11.

Stand up and be counted, join a shooting sports organization
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I had same problem. Using chrome. Just go clear

out cookies, but also check box that blocks 2nd and

3rd parties(ads,plugins) on the site, from setting cookies

and reading your cookies. So now pages open in seconds

instead of 2-3 minutes. About 30 troubled sites I post

our 585HE & 12gaFH stuff on had same huge improvement...Ed

Ed Hubel

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (2500HD, 1minute, 1lessdog, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 63 invisible), 2,072 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,748
Posts18,457,795
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.