Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rost495
Yep, I'd use FMJ to kill chit with....

Perhaps all the target bullet hype for hunting might transition to FMJ bullets for hunting now? Haha.

ARIC

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My reference was to accuracy, but flame away.

Been through chemo, divorce, serious injuries, and watched my Mom shrivel up into a ball and pass at an early age.

By all means, flame away. Believe me when I tell you, it's water off a duck's back.

BTW, Mr Goode. Nice rifle and great looking kmives.

Last edited by local_dirt; 11/12/15.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Will say a prayer for ya! Thats a tough load.

You NEVER know who reads this stuff and believes.... to read your post, its not flaming, it simply said good enough to hunt with. That, IMHO, is not the case.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Originally Posted by rost495
Yep, I'd use FMJ to kill chit with....

Perhaps all the target bullet hype for hunting might transition to FMJ bullets for hunting now? Haha.

Funny, I"M mostly good with target type bullets. Most of them. I"d rather them open than not. But I digress.

I don't PICK target bullets most of the time, but have killed a LOT with them.
As a kid I killed a lot with FMJ because of my mentor... reloads... blunt nosed bullets... and all head shots.... right or wrong it worked but I found very minor damage typically so I finally quit the FMJ stuff.. for hunting. For accuracy they generally suck too. But for those that want to hear a bang and see dust fly they are often good enough at that.

Years ago starting shooting competiton, we figured yeah we can practice with that cheap stuff.... not...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I made a good living for many years, which in large part involved crafting prose to train other professionals in what I knew.

I've used Internet bulletin boards to learn and teach since before the evolution of GUI. The exchange of information was never so toxic and predictably offensive natured as I've seen this board evolve to in the short few years I've been a member.

I have no misconceptions why certain good friends have chosen to no longer participate here.

You Messrs., have a great day.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
With the exception of a few, I have found 24hourcampfire to be one of the most helpful and friendliest hunting/shooting forums around. I read through the forums here for a long time before joining. The jerk's around here make it clear when they show up in a thread......hint.....hint wink That doesn't mean you should ignore them though, some people, despite their social disorders, can accidentally be knowledgeable helpful.

However, I have yet to read a post in this thread that sounded rude or offensive. Differing opinions and experiences maybe but nothing that sounded harsh. I guess its all in how you take in the info.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
It's the downside to this medium, you take things the way you want to take them...

I've been an ass from time to time cause I'm a smart ass at heart. FTF most laugh and poke back but on these forums, "them's fighten words".

I also get tired of answering the same questions and seeing the same claims. Catch me in a hurry and it gets even worse. But those that laugh and poke back keep me hanging around.

Seems like I should add a GFY in here somewhere....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
keyboards suck. They don't make a conversation like it would be face to face.

But those that get panty wadded over a comment, need to chill a bit IMHO.

I posted why I replied the way I did, and if thats not good enough, well frankly I've got other fish to fry and could care less.

I'm as guilty of typing in a hurry and not making the point clear and thankful that others chime in.

I don't go to many other sites and not often then, since this one is the best I've found... YMMV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Chillin. (sort of) apology accepted.

Now GFY smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
GFY accepted.

IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
That does stand for Good For You, right?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I think many problems with many rifles can be found to be due to the rifle scope than the barrel or the shooter. FMJ 55 grain cheap ammo as an exception.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
FMJ period as a pretty much general exception unless something has significantly changed in the last years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
144 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 2UP, 300_savage, 160user, 35, 14 invisible), 1,839 guests, and 838 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,778
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.