Print Thread
Hop To
Page 120 of 175 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 174 175
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by logcutter
This is part of the only to date, ISP report on this investigation logged 11-02-2015 the day after the incident.

As deputies prepared to put the injured bull down, the owner of the bull, Jack Yantis, 62 of Council, arrived on scene with a rifle. The events that transpired over the course of the next few minutes are under investigation but, at this time, it is believed that two deputies and Mr. Yantis all fired their weapons. Mr. Yantis sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. One deputy sustained a minor injury

No mention of dispatch calling Jack or other points that the sworn and video statements from the family say.There is also the guest for dinner that has stayed quiet through this so far.I doubt you will see any disagreements in his statement either.

This ISP report is based solely on the deputies report,I assume.The final report coming soon will include all the witness's claims of what they saw or heard...

You can be sure the EMT's/Fire responders and the wrecker crew all have there versions also which only the locals know for now and why the community is split...

If and only if the other locals on scene tell a much different story of the events that happened,I will retract my feelings these deputy dudes are bonified Barney Fife nut jobs.Either way,Gerry Spence will have his way with them and there attorney or he would never have taken the case.

ISP and the FBI have history with Spence in Idaho and they did not fair well and neither will the two deputies in the end.

But you keep posting accounts from "eyewitnesses" who readily admit even they don't know everything that happened, including what is likely the most critical piece of the puzzle, when or if Yantis' gun was fired. Maybe the deputies fugged up, maybe Yantis fugged up. My point all along has been neither you nor I know [bleep] at this point and it's all a guessing game.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
This is part of the only to date, ISP report on this investigation logged 11-02-2015 the day after the incident.

As deputies prepared to put the injured bull down, the owner of the bull, Jack Yantis, 62 of Council, arrived on scene with a rifle. The events that transpired over the course of the next few minutes are under investigation but, at this time, it is believed that two deputies and Mr. Yantis all fired their weapons. Mr. Yantis sustained fatal injuries and was pronounced dead at the scene. One deputy sustained a minor injury

No mention of dispatch calling Jack or other points that the sworn and video statements from the family say.There is also the guest for dinner that has stayed quiet through this so far.I doubt you will see any disagreements in his statement either.

This ISP report is based solely on the deputies report,I assume.The final report coming soon will include all the witness's claims of what they saw or heard...

You can be sure the EMT's/Fire responders and the wrecker crew all have there versions also which only the locals know for now and why the community is split...

If and only if the other locals on scene tell a much different story of the events that happened,I will retract my feelings these deputy dudes are bonified Barney Fife nut jobs.Either way,Gerry Spence will have his way with them and there attorney or he would never have taken the case.

ISP and the FBI have history with Spence in Idaho and they did not fair well and neither will the two deputies in the end.

But you keep posting accounts from "eyewitnesses" who readily admit even they don't know everything that happened, including what is likely the most critical piece of the puzzle, when or if Yantis' gun was fired. Maybe the deputies fugged up, maybe Yantis fugged up. My point all along has been neither you nor I know [bleep] at this point and it's all a guessing game.
Not at all. You are acting like nothing is known and that is far from the case. Many facts are known and several accounts are known. There are pieces of the puzzle that are missing and likely will never be known. I expect that's the case in most criminal investigations.

One possibility the witness brought up is that Yantis' gun was never fired at all.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's starting to sound like the Gerry Spence Hand job League around here.

It's Gerry Spence!!!
Have ya heard? It's Gerry Spence!!!!
My gawd.....Gerry Spence!!!

Hah!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
JCUBIC posted a reply I can't find now questioning who Gerry Spence is...Some history in Idaho and Spence representing Randy Weaver and why.

Randy Weaver's wife was dead, shot through the head while she clutched her child to her breast. His son was shot, twice. First they shot the child's arm, probably destroyed the arm. The child cried out. Then, as the child was running they shot him in the back. Randy Weaver himself had been shot and wounded and Kevin Harris, a kid the Weavers had all but adopted was dying of a chest wound. The blood hadn't cooled on Ruby Hill before the national media announced that I had taken the defense of Randy Weaver. Then all hell broke loose. My sister wrote me decrying my defense of this "racist". There were letters to the editors in several papers that expressed their disappointment that I would lend my services to a person with Weaver's beliefs. And I received a letter from my close friend Alan Hirschfield, the former chairman of chief executive officer of Columbia Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox, imploring me to withdraw.

And so my friend Alan, if I were to withdraw from the defense of Randy Weaver as you request, I would be required to abandon my belief that this system has any remaining virtue. I would be more at fault than the federal government that has murdered these people, for I have not been trained to murder but to defend. I would be less of a man than my client who had the courage of his convictions. I would lose all respect for myself. I would be unable to any longer be your friend, for friendship must always have its foundation in respect. Therefore as my friend, I ask that you not require this of me. I ask instead for your prayers, your understanding and your continued love.

As ever,

Gerry Spence
Jackson Hole, Wyoming

Basically he sticks up for those who have been wronged by the powers to be..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For money.....he's a lawyer, it's what they do.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by MadMooner

Well,maybe not...From the Randy Weaver case.

The defense team consisted of Spence, his son Kent, an Idaho lawyer named Chuck Peterson, and his partner Gary Gilman. Kevin Harris would be represented by David Nevin, who took the case largely for the opportunity to work with Spence. The defense team was unpaid, but for a token fee to Peterson for court appointed counsel.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh, he made a lot of money off that case, even if he waived his fee.

I doubt GERRY SPENCE!!!! is hanging out at traffic court fighting for the rights of the general public.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Generally speaking, people at traffic court are there because they are accused of committing traffic violations which usually aren't met with attempted murder on the part of the government.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Won't the two deputies be represented by a lawyer or lawyers from the Police Union?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Won't the two deputies be represented by a lawyer or lawyers from the Police Union?

Right now both of the deputies have the same lawyer from Nampa Idaho. Forgot his name.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Of course they will.

But by gum it won't be GERRY SPENCE!!!!

He doesn't lose.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spence got some justice for a guy injured by Federal Cops.

That's all these 'fire cops have to know to slander him.

And when the County's Ins. Co. has to pay out the max - twice actually, once for killing her husband and again for their treatment of her - and hopefully getting judgements against the two thug deputies, Gerry Spence will be an even bigger ahole in their eyes.

The "us against them mentality" on the part of LEO's can not be displayed more clearly than around this virtual campfire by the cops posting here.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Of course they will.

He doesn't lose.

He hasn't yet.. How many lawyers can say that.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
But does he loose?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Of course they will.

He doesn't lose.

He hasn't yet.. How many lawyers can say that.

Any lawyer that's a pu$$y.

Whether you believe the *never lost* BS line or not, if the guy won't take a case because there's a possibility he could lose, he's a pu$$y.

That's like a doctor not treating a patient cause the patient might die, then advertising that he's "never had one of his patients die".

Not a doctor you'd want.

That's like you good friend not backin you in a dicey situation, cause you might not win the fight.

Not a friend you'd want.

An attorney you could trust would take any case that has a fairly judged chance of success, and try and make the difference between winnin and losin.

Teddy R's famous quote, and all that.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
He took the Fed's to the cleaners here in Idaho and he will do it again..Notice...The Fed's never got involved in this case until "after" Gerry Spence took it.

The last press release I posted earlier from the Idaho attorney generals office last week, mentioned the jury pool and possible trial.

This is somewhat like the Weaver case with the needless killing of an individual by FBI trained personnel and in Idaho.The same legal team now as before with Randy Weaver..

We will see..

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just exactly what you'd say if it was YOUR case isn't it?

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
None of the witnesses have stated that Yantis fired his gun.

Day one the authorities said he did.

This is a huge piece of the puzzle.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
But does he loose?

Maybe the morning after eating some bad Mexican food.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Harry M
None of the witnesses have stated that Yantis fired his gun.

Day one the authorities said he did.

This is a huge piece of the puzzle.

In that same token, none of the witnesses have said Yantis didn't fire his gun.

Page 120 of 175 1 2 118 119 120 121 122 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

566 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 11point, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,359
Posts18,468,939
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.