Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 122 of 175 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 174 175
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by curdog4570
I make a good many of the campfire get-togethers, and have hunted with several members. I've never seen any of you heel-biters there.

I suspect I won't. You won't fit in with MEN.

I've declined several invitations because I knew you'd be there. So my reason for not attending had nothing manliness.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
GUYS! It's Christmas Eve!

You've been slinging feces at each other for over a 100 pages to date.
How about stopping the bickering for the night and go drink some nog and find a family member and give them a big hug!....

... And don't forget that your heart is pumping blood and your lungs are still sucking air!

Merry Christmas, and GFY's.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by NH K9

The "us against them mentality" on the part of LEO's can not be displayed more clearly than around this virtual campfire by the cops posting here.

Laffin'.......yeah, clearly just cops on display in that regard.

George
I can't speak for others but I've had a cop that I considered myself on congenial terms with make two disparaging remarks against me due to the Yantis homicide.

I'm assuming you may be talking about me and although I only recall making one disparaging remark toward you, I won't contest the fact...I get carried away sometimes.

My bag'o'dicks remark was on the thread about Yantis, but it certainly wasn't "due to the Yantis homicide". It was made because I fundamentally disagree with the notion that murdering the two cops based on newspaper articles is OK.

I personally take offense to that notion as a matter of fact because ignorant actions like that have resulted in the children of cops spending this Christmas without a dad. And macho statements like what Gene made only encourage more of that nonsense. I don't want to die any time soon, but if I do I want it to be in a hail of gunfire with badguys, not being ambushed by some coward on drive-by-media-fueled crusade like Gene advocated.

So when you say that Gene didn't threaten anyone, you're full of it. He advocated the murder of two people based on newspaper articles. Newspaper articles have also told us what a good kid Treyvon was, that global warming is going to kill us all and that the Obama administration isn't responsible for Benghazi. So pardon my skepticism.

Once upon a time newspaper articles told everyone in my community what a terrible person I was. They told everyone exactly what I did, but they never told why. And the why was important. The why, and knowing all of the evidence that the "news" didn't bother to report, is why it took a jury just a few minutes to rule in my favor.

And I had crazy people in my community posting the same nonsense that crazy Gene posted about these guys. They actively encouraged my murder based on the story that the news told, which wasn't even half of the truth of what happened.

Gene didn't directly threaten anyone to their face, but he did advocate their murder based on his hypothesis about their guilt. And that's a terrible thing to do, no matter how you slice it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jwp475
I haven't made any disparaging remarks against cops

No disparaging remarks to anyone? Oh really?

I haven't made any disparaging remarks against cops or men. I said nothing about dickweasling pissants.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

How about stopping the bickering for the night and go drink some nog and find a family member and give them a big hug!....

... And don't forget that your heart is pumping blood and your lungs are still sucking air!

I agree. We can all fight again on Saturday. grin

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by sgtsmmiii

I agree. We can all fight again on Saturday. grin

That's the spirit!

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I'm assuming you may be talking about me and although I only recall making one disparaging remark toward you, I won't contest the fact...I get carried away sometimes.

Gene didn't directly threaten anyone to their face,

I took the liberty of heavily editing your post into what I considered the pertinent facts to what I myself posted. I will go back and re-read your post because I found it interesting, and try to digest it better.

I was taken aback when you lit into me and implied I was nuts and post a lot of tinfoil horse [bleep] all the time on a thread related to this thread on the Handguns forum close to when this thread started.

I personally have not speculated much at all on this thread. I will say that I don't think it looks good for the coppers as far as them being clean. I have no idea how it will play out in the courts. Gerry Spence is old and not Superman, but I would want him on my side in a court battle.

The gist here is I respectfully disagree.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I was nuts and post a lot of tinfoil horse [bleep] all the time

I took the liberty of heavily editing your post into what I considered the pertinent facts.

The gist here is I respectfully agree.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by gitem_12

The "us against them mentality" on the part of LEO's can not be displayed more clearly than around this virtual campfire by the cops posting here.

George

It's funny George, the only one I see here that projects the "us against them" mentality is Curdog

I'm not surprised that neither of you can look at the BIG picture regarding these bad cop threads. It is obvious to anyone who looks at it objectively:

There exist on this forum a sort of "Cyberspace camaraderie" evolving from our shared interests in hunting and shooting. It is enhanced by our sharing of experiences and opinions.

There is one dynamic that sets itself apart from the usual flareups and disagreements. It's the way some of you cops band together and insult fellow members whom you "know" a lot better than you "know" some cop in a far away place.

And you are PROUD of doing that. At least the ones I know in real life are PROUD of their bond with other cops, no matter the disparity in their actual jobs.

I just returned from a Christmas Eve celebration at Peggy's sister's house. One of the guests whom I had not met before is a retired Federal LEO. He told me that the main reason he and Dan - Peggy's BIL and retired Tx DPS Trooper - were such good friends is that they both were cops. There was also a N.M. State Trooper there, Peggy's Nephew, but nothing was mentioned about him being considered "close".

This inflated sense of importance is not found in other occupations. Professions... yes... but not in occupations. A good welder, for instance, will be proud of his abilities, but doesn't feel compelled to defend other welders who are accused of shoddy work.

I can post about how I hate democrats for what they represent and get a trainload of attaboys, many of them from cop/members.

Thug cops are a greater threat to me personally, and all the other members for that matter, than democrats are, but when I opine about them, I get a bunch of little yapping lap dogs posting insults, veiled threats and outright lies, all on this one thread.

I make a good many of the campfire get-togethers, and have hunted with several members. I've never seen any of you heel-biters there.

I suspect I won't. You won't fit in with MEN.

Just a bit arrogant and pompous, ehh? And Texans wonder why we're given hell...grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Texans have a bad name? WTF? Must have missed the memo.

Any Texans with bad names didn't catch it from curdog. I heard Texans could handle their own stuff.

Merry Christmas to all of you, even Texans.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Says the person from Cali. Classic....grin...

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jwp475
I haven't made any disparaging remarks against cops

No disparaging remarks to anyone? Oh really?

I haven't made any disparaging remarks against cops or men. I said nothing about dickweasling pissants.

There you go again and proved my point

[Linked Image]

Go slay another buffet it'll calm you!

Last edited by jwp475; 12/24/15.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've declined several invitations because I knew you'd be there. So my reason for not attending had nothing manliness.

It seems a poor reason to decline an invitation to a Campfire gathering. I have nothing against you, but I am glad that Gene came and you did not. I have had several long and good talks with Gene and even stood side by side with Him, while holding one end of a tarp during a tornado. It was covering us and protecting against flying debris, as much as rain. I would wish for no better by My side. I do figure that there was room for both. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the kind words, Miles, and Merry Christmas to ALL.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Merry Christmas everyone!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton

It seems a poor reason to decline an invitation to a Campfire gathering. I have nothing against you, but I am glad that Gene came and you did not. I have had several long and good talks with Gene and even stood side by side with Him, while holding one end of a tarp during a tornado. It was covering us and protecting against flying debris, as much as rain. I would wish for no better by My side. I do figure that there was room for both. miles
Gene is a man to ride the river with.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It seems a poor reason to decline an invitation to a Campfire gathering.

Why? I'm not going to go and pretend that I don't want to push him into the campfire. I'm not going to go and spend the weekend avoiding him. And I'm not going to go and end up in an argument and ruin everyone's good time.

I am glad that Gene came and you did not.

Me too.

You're welcome.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

George
I can't speak for others but I've had a cop that I considered myself on congenial terms with make two disparaging remarks against me due to the Yantis homicide.

My bag'o'dicks remark was on the thread about Yantis, but it certainly wasn't "due to the Yantis homicide". It was made because I fundamentally disagree with the notion that murdering the two cops based on newspaper articles is OK.

I personally take offense to that notion as a matter of fact because ignorant actions like that have resulted in the children of cops spending this Christmas without a dad. And macho statements like what Gene made only encourage more of that nonsense. I don't want to die any time soon, but if I do I want it to be in a hail of gunfire with badguys, not being ambushed by some coward on drive-by-media-fueled crusade like Gene advocated.

So when you say that Gene didn't threaten anyone, you're full of it. He advocated the murder of two people based on newspaper articles. Newspaper articles have also told us what a good kid Treyvon was, that global warming is going to kill us all and that the Obama administration isn't responsible for Benghazi. So pardon my skepticism.

Once upon a time newspaper articles told everyone in my community what a terrible person I was. They told everyone exactly what I did, but they never told why. And the why was important. The why, and knowing all of the evidence that the "news" didn't bother to report, is why it took a jury just a few minutes to rule in my favor.

And I had crazy people in my community posting the same nonsense that crazy Gene posted about these guys. They actively encouraged my murder based on the story that the news told, which wasn't even half of the truth of what happened.

Gene didn't directly threaten anyone to their face, but he did advocate their murder based on his hypothesis about their guilt. And that's a terrible thing to do, no matter how you slice it.

Spot on! No way to establish guilt or innocence simply by reading media accounts.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
TTT

Fück Joe byron
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Spot on! No way to establish guilt or innocence simply by reading media accounts.

I can agree some of the news media putting a spin on things but the live interviews from the victims is as close as you can get to the real real on the facts.They can't stray far from there sworn statements.

Page 122 of 175 1 2 120 121 122 123 124 174 175

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (02bfishn, 1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 63 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,344
Posts18,468,746
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.