Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
yep, weight is a big issue. have btdt, fly in, but flying out its smaller trips to bigger water, to reload everything where you have enough runway to get the thing climbing positively.

Takes a lot of work and time though.

Better safe than dead for sure.

Good friend of ours had the same experience with a stinson load a month ago. We picked em up off the home lake on arrival, and he said lots of puddle hopping to get it all to one big lake and reload and fly.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Someone was talking about 'accidents' and 'airplanes' one time and the single thing I remember most- which I've taken to heart for a lot of other circumstances- is the fact that they are virtually non-existent when it comes to flying. An accident, by definition, cannot be prevented. The greatest number of airplane 'accidents' are attributed to pilot error. In most cases the pilot made an error or errors. In the smaller percentage of cases, the causes are still almost always attributable to human error or negligence, often maintenance or inspection shortcuts.

Pick up a copy of: Alaska s Heroes: A Call to Courage (Paperback): Nancy Warren Ferrell

It's got a few good ones.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have 11K hrs flying, 90% cropdusting with turbine AirTractors, I learned very early there is nothing like horsepower and fog will kill you, No AK time , This guy needed 10more HP to will that deal out!!! LMAO at video.....very best WinPoor
EDIT, Mr Roast, my second airplane was a Stinson StationWagon, first was an aerobatic airplane, The Stinson taught me to fly and the aerobatic airplane taught me how to get out of trouble!!!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Someone was talking about 'accidents' and 'airplanes' one time and the single thing I remember most- which I've taken to heart for a lot of other circumstances- is the fact that they are virtually non-existent when it comes to flying. An accident, by definition, cannot be prevented. The greatest number of airplane 'accidents' are attributed to pilot error. In most cases the pilot made an error or errors. In the smaller percentage of cases, the causes are still almost always attributable to human error or negligence, often maintenance or inspection shortcuts.

Pick up a copy of: Alaska s Heroes: A Call to Courage (Paperback): Nancy Warren Ferrell

It's got a few good ones.

Done, thanks.

Winpoor, thats a lot of hours!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by TheKid
I look back and can't believe some of the rides that I went on with inexperienced pilots in rented planes ...

Yep.

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I will hold my comments now, just to put this thread back up, when I have a time to read it! What a landing!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (219 Wasp, 1OntarioJim, 160user, 1234, 11point, 10ring1, 70 invisible), 3,030 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,337
Posts18,468,690
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.