Operation Luggette. Top Secret stuff.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by JohnMoses

Operation Luggette. Top Secret stuff.

Continuing onward with my resume of skills; I'm also well versed in bourbon and cigars. I could simply be the bourbon and cigar boy. Off the top of my head; I'm thinking Nubs accompanied with some Basil Hayden would be wondrous for this adventure. Just saying.....

Tight chains.

A=A

The perfection of life with a gun dog, like the perfection of an Autumn, is disturbing because you know, even as it begins, that it must end. Time bestows the gift and steals it in the process. "George Bird Evans"
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Horseman
People break the shroud while removing it. If you twist the wrong way it'll break.

That also falls under the "operator error" category. Check my sig line.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Aviator, I picked up a like new .284 Win in of all things a Model 100 Win Carbine 15-20 years ago in a pawn shop. I try to keep an eye out for that caliber. Don't know why it never really became popular. If I am not mistaken, it was the first cartridge with a rebated rim like the WSM rounds of today. I have seen a few custom bolt guns in .284 Win. Any of you guys know why the round never really caught on. Was it the 7mm Rem Mag that pushed the .284 Win aside?

G2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Gramps -

I'm no authority/expert and don't pretend to be. Over the yrs. I heard more than 1 reason why the 284 Win faded.

Partly and maybe mostly because it was chambered in the Win. 88 and 100 therefore the operating pressures were held back.

Also the 284 was too long to operate well in a true S A rifle. Therefore if you needed a L A, it might as well be 280 Rem, 270 Win, etc.

I'm sure and expect others to add to those things.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
IC B2

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Originally Posted by jwall
Originally Posted by Horseman
People break the shroud while removing it. If you twist the wrong way it'll break.

That also falls under the "operator error" category. Check my sig line.

Jerry
horseman is right Factory T3 shrouds are chit....spend an extra $49 at Glades armory for an aluminium shroud and forget about it......another nice touch i also do is replace the action screws with stainless from Tikka Precision for $20........Good hunting......Hb

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The best aftermarket shrouds will be available in 2 weeks from Mountain Tactical. They actually tighten up the action to improve accuracy and remove the bolt wiggle.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Geno,

Will be hunting moose and whitetails, but no capers. Finland has a good population of whitetails, due to a transplant that took place decades ago, and they should be rutting hard!

Dunno much else except will be shooting either Sako or Tikka rifles, and doing factory visits as well. This one of those gun-writer surprise! trips. Didn't even know I was going until a week ago, which happens sometimes. Don't even know which rifles I'll be hunting with yet, much less whether I'll be sworn to secrecy....

Hey John, saw you at BZN Monday afternoon the 16th of November... you looked beat and I was in a hurry coming back from Mississippi, so didn't bug you. Coming in from Finland perhaps?

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by KenMi
The best aftermarket shrouds will be available in 2 weeks from Mountain Tactical. They actually tighten up the action to improve accuracy and remove the bolt wiggle.

Tell me more, I need 4.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
D
dpd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Yes.....Tell us more. I just ordered a T-3 stainless in .260 and would like to know more about the bolt shroud.

Last edited by dpd; 01/05/16.
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have read lots of complaints on this thread about Tikka but I have owned a half dozen and everyone of them was a very accurate gun. I never had a complaint about a reasonably priced accurate rifle. I guess some people are never satisfied.

Texas bred and born
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
If tikka comes out with a new model, that is fine. I really hope the keep the t3 around though.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by KenMi

Would you mind explaining exactly how that works ?

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Tikka is an accurate lightweight hunting rifle right out of the box.

I have learned the advantage of using a clip over the years. In and out of the truck, spot and stalk, moving to a different area for the evening hunt.

I like the clip and hope this isn't an issue that needs fixing.

Most people that don't like Tikka are just pissed off they shoot so accurate without all the tinkering that is required by other rifles.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Brad,

Missed this post, as I hadn't checked this thread for a while.

Yeah, I arrived back from Finland at the Bozeman airport on November 16th, after another international flight-schedule adventure.

Was originally scheduled to fly back into Helena the evening before, but was delayed in Finland by high winds in Amsterdam, where I'd change flights to the U.S. Left Amsterdam late enough to miss my Minneapolis connection to Helena by five minutes, so ended up spending the night in a motel and getting re-routed to Bozeman the next day.

Actually, it was nice to get a night's sleep in Minnesota--and all in all the return was a lot easier than one from Namibia, which took 3-1/2 days, including renting a car in Salt Lake City and driving the 500 miles back to Helena. Both my wife and Ingwe were on that one, which included TWO unscheduled overnights, one in Johannesburg and one in Atlanta. But such is the life of a jet-setter hunting writer....

Wish I could comment on this original question of this thread, but ain't allowed to until early March, after the IWA show in Germany, the European equivalent of SHOT.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Only 11 days until SHOT show here, so that should answer a few questions.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cruel and unusual punishment.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RRemus

Most people that don't like Tikka are just pissed off they shoot so accurate without all the tinkering that is required by other rifles.

No, that's not it. smile

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Brad,

Missed this post, as I hadn't checked this thread for a while.

Yeah, I arrived back from Finland at the Bozeman airport on November 16th, after another international flight-schedule adventure.

Was originally scheduled to fly back into Helena the evening before, but was delayed in Finland by high winds in Amsterdam, where I'd change flights to the U.S. Left Amsterdam late enough to miss my Minneapolis connection to Helena by five minutes, so ended up spending the night in a motel and getting re-routed to Bozeman the next day.

Actually, it was nice to get a night's sleep in Minnesota--and all in all the return was a lot easier than one from Namibia, which took 3-1/2 days, including renting a car in Salt Lake City and driving the 500 miles back to Helena. Both my wife and Ingwe were on that one, which included TWO unscheduled overnights, one in Johannesburg and one in Atlanta. But such is the life of a jet-setter hunting writer....

Wish I could comment on this original question of this thread, but ain't allowed to until early March, after the IWA show in Germany, the European equivalent of SHOT.

Dope and prostitution both legal in Amsterdam.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 16bore
I hope it turns out to be a STFU magnum....
That right there is funny stuff!

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 2500HD, 69 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,162
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.