Print Thread
Hop To
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Thought I would post my thoughts on these in case anyone is considering some for their hunting vehicle.

These light bars seem to be rather expensive at the local shops so I went and found some on Ebay. I got them for $75 shipped which was less than half the quotes I got around here. Installation would have extra above the quoted prices. My set came with two 12 inch bars and the wiring kit. They seem to be very heavily constructed and are very bright. They have flood bulbs on the outer edges and spot bulbs in the center. I have them wired into my headlights so the interior switch only lights up when I turn my headlights on. Vehicle is a '97 Lexus LX450. This is a Toyota Land Cruiser with a Lexus badge.

Before
[Linked Image]

During
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

After
[Linked Image]

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Looks good. How do they work? I too am considering these.

Ken
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Went out tonight riding a few gravel roads and pulled off into a few soybean fields. These things make a huge difference! Makes my headlights look like a couple a candles sitting on the hood.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Are you using them with low or high beams? How much glare for on coming traffic if low beam? If with high beam, do they add much to it?

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Went out tonight riding a few gravel roads and pulled off into a few soybean fields.

That will get you in trouble, in Arkansas. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by cv540
Are you using them with low or high beams? How much glare for on coming traffic if low beam? If with high beam, do they add much to it?

I turn them on/off with a separate switch. They are just tied into the headlights so they don't get left on accidentally. My headlights automatically go off when the key is removed. The provide a tremendous amount of extra light whether the headlights are on bright or dim.

I wouldn't use them at all when meeting oncoming traffic. We only met two other vehicles in the 2-3 hours we were out and I turned them off both times. These roads were way back in the country.

Originally Posted by milespatton
Went out tonight riding a few gravel roads and pulled off into a few soybean fields.

That will get you in trouble, in Arkansas. miles

We didn't get out in the fields, just pulled on the edges to shine the beams across. We didn't mess up any ground in our travels. Not sure if the authorities would have approved of us bothering the animals, but no harm done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure if the authorities would have approved of us bothering the animals, but no harm done.

That is what will get you the ticket. You do not have to have a gun with you. I think the exceptions are a farmer/rancher checking on livestock or utility workers, on duty. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
You can't shine a light on animals in Arkansas? WTF?

Tate, which lights did you go with? And... we need more details on the LX (I have a 96 landcruiser, so I'm just being selfish.)

T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Ebay light bars

These are the ones I bought.

My LX is stock from the factory except for the new lights, Buckshot Maxxis, and camo seatcovers. It's a clone of the Land Cruiser. I had to order the seatcovers for the Land Cruiser because they didn't list a set for the LX. I love the thing. It's an absolute tank!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
bought one for my polaris ranger. 40"er. puts the factory lights too shame.

Night and day difference.

read alot of reviews before settling on a cheap ebay light. Seems all the internals are china made. Even the high dollar Rigid bars.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I will save that away for when I have some time to work on the cruiser. I think you will like those combo beams. I love my cruiser too - a pretty amazingly capable stock vehicle.

I have bought two sets of "cheap" LEDs. Never have run the "good" ones. One set got sold with a 4runner. The other set is still on my skid steer, and amazes me every time I use them. 4cyl diesel shakes, rattles, and rolls, and 0 suspension means the lights get bounced all over, and they've never bobbled.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have a 30 inch combo bar and several pods from AVEC

The LEDs are great. They make you realize how poor your headlights are. Keep in mind they are not DOT approved, so it is possible to get a ticket for using them on a paved road.

What I really like about them is the color of the light. My headlights are very yellow compared to the white light of the LEDs. I can see color much better at night with the LEDs. Green grass actually looks green, etc.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland

What I really like about them is the color of the light. My headlights are very yellow compared to the white light of the LEDs. I can see color much better at night with the LEDs. Green grass actually looks green, etc.

I've noticed this. Headlights look not only dim, but yellow, compared to the bright white of the LEDs.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1minute, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 66 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,544
Posts18,453,334
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.