Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
I finally got back to shoot that Ruger a bit. And no, we did not find Bambi for my Grand daughter. We saw one scrawny sick looking white tail doe which I would have fed to the dogs if we had shot it.

I had a bunch of 120 moly Remingtons loaded up for my son's rifle so I shot a bunch of them today as well as some 120 BT and 95 gr Hornies at 132 yds from sand bags.

I had the 4200 off and back on. This is how she initially shot at 130 yds with the factory unaltered plastic stock back in place.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Then I started twisting turrets to bring the group back to poa. And schitt went to hell in a hurry. I could not even keep the shots on the proper target.

I went in and pulled a scope off of the 22-243AI which has always been a damn fine shooter. (YES I know, it was another Bushy, 6-18 Trophy.) Ignore the hole in the top of this first target. It should have been taped over as it does not belong.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am not sure still if the 4200 has gone to crap, or if the barrel is just that sensitive to heat. Cause I did let her get warm for a bit, and that coincides with the rifle becoming a wanna be shotgun.

I did not even save the targets from a couple groups of 120's and also a couple 95's that were all over and off the paper.

I put sixty rounds through it today, and the only thing I know for sure is that it is getting a new barrel.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
How much do you want for the barrel? I'll mount it,set a 6x MQ on top and say "Toldjaso".

Prolly take 5 minutes.

Hint.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep

I can throw a Bushy farther than I'd trust it. smirk

There's possibly other issues, but start with a real scope

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Boxer
How much do you want for the barrel? I'll mount it,set a 6x MQ on top and say "Toldjaso".

Prolly take 5 minutes.

Hint.

When I get it done, I will pm you for an address.

I would be glad to ship it gratis, just to see what happens.

Course, I'll have to scrub the moly out of it before shipment. Would not want that Paradise humidity to ruin it grin

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Pulling the barrel is a last resort effort for me. I can't swap most barres myself so it's a $600-700 proposition for me depending on smith and barrel used. I'd try just about anything else first, but I don't know the back story on this rifle and what you have tried other than another scope

IC B2

F
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
F
It seems apparent that as the rifle warmed up vertical stringing increased. My first check would be for a bound mag box. Second check would be bedding issue.

I dont believe that the scope is causing this issue. The evidence points otherwise. cool

FOREST

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Takes but a coupla seconds to gun a rifle without the magbox/follower/spring,as IMMEDIATE diagnosis. Hint.

The glass is schit and wellllllllllll beyond suspect. 'Nother hint.

Starting at the fhuqking start...don't not ever not bear fruit.

BEEG fhuqking hint.

Hint...............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Yes....okay..

I was trying to buy my first leupie on the classifieds, but I was too slow.

Then I go and read that Leupie has gone to schitt. And now it's go Super Chicken or go home.

Damn, its tough for us bottom feeders to keep up.

As per the mag box, It floats several 1/1000's with the stock mounted.

I am beginning the search for a 6x42 or possibly a 10x42 Super Chicken for a test vehicle.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I'd pull the magazine, follower, & spring torque everything to spec and go shoot. So what else have you tried besides switching scopes? I doubt it's a barrel problem throwing groups that large.

Even though I want to try an SS, Leupold scopes are still a good value especially the VX2 3-9X40. 3200 series Bushnell's aren't horrible either as long as you don't twist the turrets a lot. Not everyone is a turret twister nor do they have to be to shoot well and be successful.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Leupold scopes are still a good value especially the VX2 3-9X40. 3200 series Bushnell's aren't horrible either as long as you don't twist the turrets a lot. Not everyone is a turret twister nor do they have to be to shoot well and be successful. [/quote]

This^^^^^^^^. + if you think that tasco has surpassed Leupold and is now the front runner in the optics world. You have been fooled by a fool. Jesus he (stick) is right about the do nothingcunts to bad he hates his biggest fans.

Looks like with your knowledge and hunting style a 3x9x40 VX2 would be fine if you wanted to push to 600yards get the CDS model and don't sweet the small stuff.

Best advice is to remove the box and give it a spin if a barrel is in the cards. Obermeyer Krieger. Would be top of the list.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/18/15.
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well after translating some of Schticks posts on the Super Chicken, I ordered a 12X with the Mil rad reticle...

I am not going to evict the Leupolds that reside here...but I've got my service needs covered with the ones I have...

but this will not be my last Super Chicken ordered...

I'd recommend giving one a road test...if ya don't like it, I am sure you can find a new home for it and get your money back via the Campfire Classifieds...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Wtf is a Super Chicken?

Camp is where you make it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fredIII
if you think that tasco has surpassed Leupold and is now the front runner in the optics world. You have been fooled by a fool. Jesus he (stick) is right about the do nothingcunts to bad he hates his biggest fans.

Fred,

The new Super Snipers (i.e. Super Chickens) have nothing at all to do with Tasco, and haven't since SWFA bought the brand.

I thought you knew that???

Last edited by David_Walter; 11/18/15.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
A really well built and dependable tasco now owned by bushnell that is sold exclusively buy swift. And dirty cheep is the draw.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Your right they are owned by bushnell last I heard I own several they are great scopes for the money. But not everyone needs turnups and mill dots. I use them when I need.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by David_Walter
if you think that tasco has surpassed Leupold and is now the front runner in the optics world. You have been fooled by a fool. Jesus he (stick) is right about the do nothingcunts to bad he hates his biggest fans.

Fred,

The new Super Snipers (i.e. Super Chickens) have nothing at all to do with Tasco, and haven't since SWFA bought the brand.

I thought you knew that???

Not sure if swift owns the brand or the exclusive rights to retail. I have a contact at swift that I have done lots of business with next time I have his ear I will ask and find out.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Fred, what are you doing? Midget troll said swfa fixed [bleep]. That's it. Nothing else is worth trying, ask him, he'll tell you. Nothing else works. Stop trying to cause trouble.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sorry I should know better. laugh

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Idaho Shooter - If you're interested, SWFA has a trade-in program that gave me a very generous allowance. Check it out on their site.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
The classifieds have a 10x for sale right now for 275.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by tzone
Wtf is a Super Chicken?

+1

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SWFA bought the name Super Sniper from Tasco. That's where the similarity ends. The scope isn't made by Tasco or even where the original SS scopes were made for Tasco.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Seems I heard they were made at the same Japanese facility that makes the Bushnell Elite series.

Need conformation on that.

DF

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A really well built and dependable tasco now owned by bushnell that is sold exclusively buy swift. And dirty cheep is the draw.

Jeezus Fhuqk...you AMAZINGLY Clueless Drooling Dumbfhuqk! I very much enjoy that your INCREDIBLE Dumbfhuqkery fueled by your Imagination and It's Pretend,"grants" you Delusions that are so "real"! Laughing!

EPIC fhuqking humor!!! Nice touch to frost them Fantasies,with a Secret Squirrel Tidbit and your "compelling" "inside info".

I'm crying...I'm laughing sooooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

Just oh soooooooooooo fhuqking WOW +P++!

Bless your heart,you amazingly inept Babbling Brook Of Never Ending STUPIDITY.........................

'Shooter,

I've had 100+ Reupolds.

Pull the Ruger's guts and go Fixed Fhuqker...then thank me later.

Hint...............

'orce1,

The 3-9x Reupold and 3200's are simply dog schit and there's NO way around it.

Used goods of repute,trump a screaming "deal" on a NIB POS.

Hint..................

Shefire,

I'll feign my "surprise",that the ONLY fhuqking time you connect a dot,is when you shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply what I say.

Bless your heart.

The 10x MQ trumps the 12x MQ.

Hint.....................

'zone,

Cain't know.

I gun Fixed Fhuqkers and Illuminatis.................

'Walter,

Don't go bursting fredrica's bubbles and pop her Imagination and it's Pretend...she REALLY "knows" her stuff.

Swift is apparently rewriting the Book(s) and the Pacific Rim Reupolds ain't quite as red,white & blue as the Droolers "think".

Laughing!...................

Taco',

I enjoy that you cain't ever say anything in the firsthand,other than to corroborate obliviously,the magnitude of your Drooling Dumbfhuqkery. Bitchin' Vagina Monologue,as you wax eloquent on your amazingly WELL founded insecurities and muse all the things you almost did,the wares you almost did it with and all the places you almost did 'em.

Laughing!

Your Imagination and ALL Of it's Pretend,couldn't begin to fathom the amount of glass I own. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Hint.

Bless your heart...................

'10k,

Mean trick,to slip schit wares...to unsuspecting Boobs..............(grin)

'farmer,

I enjoy the fhuqking hilarity,of what others hear...especially when they are doing their BEST.

This Thread is funnier than fhuqk and it ALL reliably flies over pointy heads.

Laughing!

Never been tough to cypher,who shoots and who drools.

Hint..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Awesome then regalia me on who designed the ss ( tasco designed them ) . Purchased buy bushnell and then sold by swift.? Ya your right about everything all the time wish we could have this conversation face to chest. You little bastard. If their is more to the story then please educate rather than run your mouth. You can use tomorrow's post to respond.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
The Cowardly Lion is a big man behind the keyboard, but doesn't dare venture anywhere in the lower 48 for she knows she'll tuck tail and run, beg, and cry only to go back to talking tough from her keyboard again.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

What the hell do facts have to do with this? No way can a $300 scope WORK! laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
It is amazing that this thread has gone on a tangent that is no longer a help to Idaho Shooter...check the subject children he wasn't looking for bs input...needed honest to goodness help that few here can provide. Many should bite their tongue and listen to Stick...will save you a bunch of heartburn and money...but hell maybe your pockets are bottomless and learning the hard way is how some like to do it...experience trumps all.

Glass on a SS will amaze for the money...bet.

Idaho if you get tired of messing with the boat paddle let me know, I have a soft spot for that caliber.

whistle

Honorary Gouger per Travis
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Want to see tangents that are no longer a help, look at your idol's posts. More than one way to skin a cat. Just because you hang on every word he says doesn't mean it is the only way to get things done successfully. And have an opposing opinion on anything he says... just read his posts again.

As for experience, lets see anything he's done outside of AK boat hunting. High altitude wilderness hunts? Elk? Cougar? Whitetails? Mulies? Pronghorn? Cruise a boat and scan the shoreline, he's your midget.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

What the hell do facts have to do with this? No way can a $300 scope WORK! laugh

Heck, I had forgotten about that thread!

At that time I ended up buying two of the 4200's in 3-9x40 for $80 each.

I will end up with a 2-7x32, or a 3-9x40, in a svelte, trim format on the rifle when I am done. For this project, the only twisting of turrets will be to establish an initial 250 yd zero. I have no problem with hold over to 400 yds with a cartridge like the 260.

This rifle will fit comfortabley in a saddle scabbard, or it is useless to me.

I have others which are more cumbersome and are a fit platform for target style scopes.

But one scope in the closet with big old target turrets to run diagnostics can not be a bad idea.

Back to the subject of the rifle. I actually purchased a pair of identical twins. One for me, and one for my son. They were each equally disapointing from the moment of purchase.

I have been tweaking and tinkering with each of them off and on for thirteen years. I finally got mine down to slightly over two moa, and then traded it to my son about a year ago.

I am now working with the one which had belonged to my son.

My original rifle was bedded into the laminate stock. I switched the second action into the laminate stock. And it would not shoot for schitt. I put the action back into the original synthetic stock and posted the groups here.

The next step in the process will be to take the dremel to the bedding on the laminate stock and rebed to this specific action.

Then I will mount a test scope and see if anything has changed.

At this point, I am more than a bit skeptical. But you folks have convinced me to go through the steps again.

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Gansettx

Idaho if you get tired of messing with the boat paddle let me know, I have a soft spot for that caliber.

whistle

First offer I get that will pay a good portion of the price of a new Rem 700 SPS, and the Ruger will be in the mail.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Awesome then regalia me on who designed the ss ( tasco designed them ) . Purchased buy bushnell and then sold by swift.? Ya your right about everything all the time wish we could have this conversation face to chest. You little bastard. If their is more to the story then please educate rather than run your mouth. You can use tomorrow's post to respond.

Holy Fhuqking Dog Schit...talk about fhuqking AWESOME!!! You poor poor STUPID Fhuqk!

fredrica,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Whining Kchunt...noone can "regalia" you,better than you can "regalia" yourself. Laughing!!! No schit "your" and "their" too?!? You Mall Ninja Dumbfhuqk Kchunt,you pulled ALL stops and went for the jugular! How many months are you pictured,in the Jerry Lewis Telethon Calendar?!? Fhuqking WOW +P+++!!!!

I'm digging the Retard Miles you are getting outta your Swift fixation,replete with your Secret Squirrel Swift "source" and the Delusions conjured in your pointed peabrain. Funnier than fhuqk,that you are capable of believing your outright contrived lying bullschit!

I reckon I'm plum flattered,that I'm in your thoughts 24/7/365 and I really oughtta be charging your pointy head rent,but WTF would I do with your Food Stamps,empty beer cans and bad checks?!? You "rough & tumble" bitch you. Laughing!

You'll haveta yet again pardon my not feeling compelled to apologize,for being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,while you feverishly grasp for straws that do not exist. Bless your heart.

Folks who "know" and "do" as "much" as you,are ALWAYS going to best served by shutting the fhuqk up,taking notes and applying same...as opposed to giving "answers". Here's to the hilarity of your Estrogen Levels,precluding you of the ability to connect a single fhuqking dot,you amazingly inept twatt.

At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can afford to contribute. Looking forward to your next Whine,Delusion and Excuse...in no particular fhuqking order.

You "lucky" bitch.

Laughing!.....................

'Walter,

Keep that up and you'll make fredrica cry.

Again.

Laughing!

Don't be takin' the starch outta her Secret Squirrel Inside Scoop Delusions...she REALLY "knows" her stuff.

Laughing!!!!................

Taco',

Your Imagination and it's Pretend,are yet again taking you places that do not exist. Congratulations?!?

Great time to mention for the millionth time,that you "don't care" and punctuate that "brazen" "stance",by living vicariously to boot. Oops..too late,you are THERE!

Laughing!

You Minimum Wage Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqks are a hoot! At least you get to read about all the stuff,that you Dream about. Mebbe wax poignantly poetic on them "sweet satisfactions" and extrapolate in the firsthand,how you've never seen or done any of it. I enjoy the hilarity of your desperate attempts to delve in beyond your exceedingly modest "means","abilities" and "comprehension".

Bless your heart.

As per always,I'd be happy to dangle pics for you...if I could afford a camera,boat and a Reupold. You DO know what that feels like in the firsthand,don'tcha...you "hard charger" you.

'ttx,

It cracks me the fhuqk up to lead 'em to water and watch 'em not drink,as a "brazen" "stand" to trumpet their Stupidity.

FUNNY schit!...............

'Shooter,

You've very obviously never shot skookum glass,that reliably arranges POA/POI intersections,as per whim. Hint.

Or mebbe I've never seen a boat paddle so equipped?!? I keep getting this stuff confused.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!

You can keep bumping your head,or connect dots...the warm/fuzzy is VERY easily arranged. It ain't "bad luck",that schit glass yields schit results.

Re-hint.....................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well Stumpy....

based on your recommendation, I'll make sure the next one I order is the 10X.....which should be soon...

got a Remington VLS in 260 that needs a good scope on top of it...along with a Long barreled 6.5 x 57....

got any positive opinions on the 16 power?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Gee you got me there little one, "Minimum Wage Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqk" yeah good one. Think that up all by yourself or is that from another "pard" just like you stealing their wolf kill pics and pawning them off as your own again? Lying sack of [bleep].

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you must have "forgotten" about your highly acclaimed Imaginary Pretend Ignore and were feverishly reading my every word,all along. That is REALLY "surprising". Were lying all along?!? Laughing!

All 16x's suck heavy ass,just like you...as it is the nature of the beast.

I realize pics are more than a touch disconcerting for The Do Nothing Gang,but it's as close as you gals will ever get.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

As X's go up,everything that matters goes down and only folks who shoot are cognizant(that means to be aware) of same. Hate to use words you Window Lickers gotta Google,but I enjoy listening to the high pitched nasal Whine and the innate look of confusion upon furrowed brows,beneath your pointy heads. You've been "Regalia'd",just ask fredrica's Imaginary Scope Friend.

Laughing!

After a coupla more months of saving and you are ready to make the big order,don't exceed 10x and some day you'll just might mebbe attain your first fhuqking clue.

Then again...

It'd be rather fhuqking funny,if you were to ship same to Taco',so she could at least see,touch and smell WTF she's bitching about...not that she could afford the return shipping. I'll cover that for her,due my generous nature.

I'll toss the whining Kchunt a Reupold pic,to get her tail wagging.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!

You gals REALLY get after it.

Wow +P++..............

Taco',

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free...so you get to "contribute" too. Funny how it actually works and I mean fhuqking FUNNY!

Reupolds is all new to me and I just saw my first one,earlier this year.

Laughing!

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

[Linked Image]

As an aside,what can you do in the firsthand,besides WHINE,Imagine and Pretend?!? Take your time and concoct sumptin',that is "real" to you.

Laughing!................

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
and you are ready to make the big order,don't exceed 10x

Gee,

thanks for the recommendation there Stumpy...appreciate your input..

even tho I had to scan thru the rest of the Popeye style grumblin, rural Alaska style...

you haven't been on ignore there Stumpy.... just let you think you were, which you took the bait hook line and sinker..

but don't want to come across ungrateful for your input...

in fact I appreciate you putting so much of your time and effort
into your response, when the above line would have answered the question...

but then again, it gave you the opportunity to show off pics of your rifles and stuff...and I know how much ya like to do that...

so once again, thank you very much for your advise.. its highly appreciated...

now I got to go start returning all of these bottles I picked up off the side the road, to start saving up for my 10 power Stuper Chicken... and then get myself to work so I won't be late for my minimum wage job...

oh and when I ship it to Taco280 to check out, I'll let you know how much the return shipping is, 'since you're such a generous guy'...

the address in advance is:
Barry Seafire
1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Ste 1
Wash DC 20202

or you can call me at 1.202.456.1414

Last edited by Seafire; 11/19/15. Reason: adding contact info
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Stick Black Friday is coming up while I'm shopping at Sears,would you like me to get you some titty holders if the price is right. Don't want those things flopping around while you getting after it. Lol. Hell don't worry about the price they are on me, my treat.
You keep it up they will end up locking another thread to save your little feelings.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Unrelated to anything really, but why do you have a pic of an elk in your signature?

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Big Stick

'Shooter,

You've very obviously never shot skookum glass,that reliably arranges POA/POI intersections,as per whim. Hint.

Or mebbe I've never seen a boat paddle so equipped?!? I keep getting this stuff confused.
Laughing!

You can keep bumping your head,or connect dots...the warm/fuzzy is VERY easily arranged. It ain't "bad luck",that schit glass yields schit results.

Re-hint.....................

Pretty sure you ain't often confused about much.

And the first sentence in the quote don't miss the truth by much. I am not ashamed to admit it. I have been doing pretty fair on the terrain I hunt with shots to 400 with the glass I have previously owned.

As long as it would reliably hold a 300 yd zero, I have been capable of taking care of the rest. 3/4 of the game I have killed has been with an old Win 670 in 30-06 w/ a 2-7x32 V7 Weaver.

That old girl was a beech to sight in. The turrets did not track for crap when I bought it in '79 and it never got any better. But once she was zeroed, she never shifted. It is now at home on a Rem 572 that the grand kids shoot the hell out of.

Yeah, poor folks sometimes got poor ways.

Hunting is serious schitt, and I like to keep it simple.

Recreational shooting, on the other hand is for play. I am willing to experiment a bit in that regard. The 264 may be a minimum entry toward the 1000 yd goal. It prints tight enough, has 20 moa in the mounts, and so far impact follows the turret pretty well. But it is a Viper. I have not yet shot it past 500. Maybe we will play with it a bit more this winter.

While we are on the line, advise me as to the best way to put 30 mm rings on the Ruger. A weaver adapter rail? Or Ruger 30 mm rings? I am guessing that is a 30 mm in the pic in Ruger rings.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Stupidity ain't "bait"...it's a plight and few is plighteder than you. Congratulations?!?

I VERY much enjoy you Drooling Dumbfhuqks trying to pawn off a ruse,then act like the Dumbfhuqkery was a Secret Squirrel "ploy",when the glaring obvious of your lying piece of schit ways,repeatedly surface. FUNNY schit! Laughing!

No need to Whine about all the things you don't have,never been and will never do,as them constants have long been well beyond obvious. Pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess and gunning more glass than all you Dumbfhuqks bolted together. Hint.

Entertaininger than fhuqk,to dangle pics to fuel The Do Nothing Gang's Imagination and Pretend,even though it ain't "fair". Nothing bears more fruit and connects more dots,than gunning wares side by each. I get it that you've nothing to compare and couldn't begin to critique anything germane to The Rifle and that humor exceeds your amazingly meager comprehension,but do assuredly bolster the humor quotient! Bless your heart.

Looking forward to yet another Whine,some fresh Excuses and more Secret Squirrel "ploys".

You poor poor STUPID Fhuqk..................

fredrica,

Good to hear you didn't run outta Imagination or Pretend,given how them "sweet satisfactions" fuel your Delusions. What did your Secret Squirrel Scope Pard say?!? Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise",that as your INCREDIBLE Dumbfhuqkery increases...you get further and further from all things The Rifle. You were really doing "great" too,as it sounded like you REALLY "know" about this stuff.

You've been "Regalia'd".

I'm crying I'm laughing sooooooo fhuqking hard,you Sensationally STUPID Twatt!

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt...you lying sad sack broke dick piece of schit.

You go girl!

starsky,

Critterly Splendor is predicated upon rifle mass,scope X's and bipods. Something that AWESOME for The Do Nothing Gang,rates a "special" place.

Laughing!

Give or fhuqking take.....................(grin)

'Shooter,

NOONE tastes POA/POI intersections and walks away saying "that sucked!".(grin) For that reason,it's very easy to cypher who has and who hasn't. Hint.

I've heard/seen it all and there's been 100's of folks gonna "show"me something with a rifle and it's never not been funny,to be "shown". Folks travels 1000's of miles,to fail miserably.(grin)

Guessing is only "neat",if you've never KNOWN and them differences are beyond stark. A 300yd zero is a tough way to do bidness,as most chamberings go,because midrange trajectory is a Goat Fhuqk. NOTHING is more simplistic than ruggedly reliable glass,that repeats. Nothing.

Take the Viper to the 100yd line,hang 5' of vertical strung butcher paper and mark an aiming point,a coupla inches from the bottom. Scribe a vertical square line(plumb bob) along it's height,intersecting said aiming point and mark 5 MOA tickmarks starting at the zero height. Then gun 5MOA graduated pokes and watch where they go. It'll be left & right,with height badly botched. Hint. Then swap zoom selection,dial 25MOA on the first poke and it'll get worse.(grin)

Rings cited are Ruger 30mm. The various Weaver-esque/1913 adapters to Ruger receivers,are too high and oft flimsy at best.

You've been doing things UNsimple,for many moons. Simply let the platform work for you.

Hint......................

I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Thanks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Stick, quick question. You ever slum a vx3 6.5-20x40 with the side focus? I had one and my main problem was my rangefinder only goes to 500yds. A wolf popped out on the beach and I estimated it to be at 650, instead it was at 710. I hit it right in line with where I was aiming, but low. We never recovered it, lesson learned. That scope seemed to track just fine though.

It was nice in that situation but I sent it down the road because it was heavy and too high powered for hunting timber. Seriously thinking about a straight 6 now.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Was that in English there Stumpy? Couldn't tell, or maybe you were just typing in a dark room and couldn't see the keyboard... yeah that must have been it...

but if that was a thank you... your welcome...

if that was you bitching about how great you are and how ungreat everyone else in the world is...well thanks for your input anyway....

Like FishinHank, I'm ordering a 6x along with the 10x... and SWFA has you to thank for the business....

have a good day tomorrow Shrimpy...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
While we are on the line, advise me as to the best way to put 30 mm rings on the Ruger. A weaver adapter rail? Or Ruger 30 mm rings? I am guessing that is a 30 mm in the pic in Ruger rings.

Rings cited are Ruger 30mm. The various Weaver-esque/1913 adapters to Ruger receivers,are too high and oft flimsy at best.

You've been doing things UNsimple,for many moons. Simply let the platform work for you.

Hint......................

[Linked Image]

I'm confused on how to mount a 1" tube Leupold in 30mm rings. Does the yellow tape take up the extra space? Please advise. Explain clearly. I'm a dumbphukereeedooooo.....

I've mounted 1" scopes on Rugers with 1" rings, and 30mm scopes on Rugers with 30mm rings, but I never could get the right "mojo" to mix the two.....

The smiley here is just for you! [Linked Image]

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"Your range of experience runs that gamut from A to B, plus you're a nitwit. That's a hard combination to overcome, though some people try." - JB
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

That'd be a random sampling of Ruger 260 kills from 80-576 yards, with 1" Leupolds mounted in 1" rings, just for reference.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shooter,

Probnoblem...............

'Hank,

The 6.5-20x Reupold sucks ass,in all configurations...both 1" and 30mm. Sadly,I've bought or shot 'em all.

30mm side focus here.

[Linked Image]

Pass the 6x MQ Fixed Fhuqker.

Hint.................

Shefire,

Be sure to cite all the words that were "too lengthy" or "too Technical" and I'll happily take the time to rub your nose even further in your Stupidity.

You lying sad sack piece of fhuqking schit.

Bless your heart.............

'Man,

FINALLY someone who shoots something other than their mouth and Imagination. Been tossing an underhand Eephus Pitch and the tape scares 'em off and away from the plate. Laughing!

2nd from left. Boat Paddle dumped Sako Hunter/Reupold 30mm Mediums and 10x Fixed Fhuqker...SAAMI 223.

[Linked Image]

Hawkeye 204(they suck),30mm Medium Reupolds and 10x Fixed Fhuqker.

[Linked Image]

It just got back from Sawbones and is now a 1-8" Bart 223AI 21" MTU-esque,wearing PT&G AICS DBM and McMillan Ruger Varmint handle...Reupold 30mm Mediums and 10x MQ Fixed Fhuqker instead of MD. Look for it to start getting Famous,in a coupla days. Hint.

Never have shot a Ruger with a 1" scope.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!

Zero-stops seem to cheer folks up too. 30mm Reupold Mediums.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

GOOD talk...............

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Sure Stumpy.....

I stand in awe of your typing skills, your spelling ability, and gentlemanly ways.... you take the CL out of Class...

you're so accomplished for someone who was kicked out of Marshfield High....

I'll let ya get back to polishing your woodie in your outhouse...

Me, after a morning of out collecting bottles off the highway to save up for my Stupor Chicken Scopes...I need to get off to work at my minimum wage job you say I have...

Remember Stumpy, don't fall down the hole in the outhouse again ...you remember how hard a time they had getting you out of there last time....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Congrats Stick! I never thought I'd see an "Eephus pitch" reference on the Campfire. That was a rainbow trajectory pitch that went as high as 20' in the air at mid range trajectory and was made famous in the 1940's by Pittsburgh Pirate pitcher Rip Sewell. Ted Williams was the only player to ever take Rip's Eephus pitch deep. A little baseball trivia for y'all.

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Dear Stick,

I had a couple of questions for you.

What is your view of Cooper Rifles?

What is your view of the "Brown Family" aka Alaska Bush People aka fake Alaska Texans?

What is your view of the Night Force SHV?

What is your view of the Fierce Firearms Fierce Fury Edge(Sako clone)?

I hope that you have a good winter.
Thomas

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Alaskan Bush people fake? You're kidding right? When I see folks hunting in black leather jackets, with Ruger 77's with no scope or iron sights and the bolt greased down with chicken grease, I think "now that is real"! My biggest complaint is about the episode they shot on POW. I felt they should have given Stick a cameo appearance. He could have critiqued their armament and lambasted them for their "piece of dogschidt junk rifles and schidt glass" (on the rifles that actually have glass) and of course their inability to arrange POA-POI intersections which becomes brutally apparent everytime they sight in a rifle. That would be quality tv.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Shefire,

Didn't mean to horn you up. I'll feign my "surprise" that you managed some Cock Talk. Congratulations?!?

There's no slighting,how WELL founded your countless insecurities are. Don't "forget"...Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Bless your heart.

Laughing!

You lying sad sack piece of fhuqking schit. Don't "forget" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses. Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt,as you count pennies for the Big Purchase Day. That's gotta be REALLY exciting for you.

Laughing!.................

dooshmike,

Were I to wax eloquent on Baseball Trivia,I'da prolly mused sumptin' in regards to The King And His Court and a 110mph+ softball pitch.

Not too many folks(nice way of sayin' NOBODY) have struck out Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Brooks Robinson, Roberto Clemente, Maury Wills, and Harmon Killebrew in succession.

Fairly disappointin',that fredrica's Imaginary Scope Friend ran outta hilarious Secret Squirrel Tidbits.

Fhuqking laughing!..................

'68,

Coopers are easily amongst THE most over rated of wares. Nothing redeeming in 'em anywhere and they are easily trumped.

Them folks are Geniuses...compared to The Do Nothing Gang and that Dichotomy do add to the humor. They ain't ever been "Regalia'd". Laughing!

My variable disdain grows daily and a SFP NightFarce is an easy pass.

I have never Fiddlefhuqked Fierce Furys...so cain't comment in the firsthand.

Pass the Montucky/6x MQ melding.

Gots me a hunch,that a 1-8" Bart contour duped 18.5" Montucky 6x45,will begin gettin' Famous with 105's,here directly.

Might even be a 6x MQ atop................(grin)

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
WTF is a Montucky?
Seen the term used here for years and never cared to ask. Asking now.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
my contact at swift which I have been doing business with for years has informed me that my original take was spot on. they (swift) bought the brand andthescopes are made Japan the glass has been updated( since the purchase of the fixed ss's)the design is the original that was approved buy the us military. the new addition to the line are of swifts design and also made in Japan.

Stick you are truly a sad man you think you came up with bullets matter more than head stamps your way thefphuck behind little guy. Try to keep up.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by fredIII; 11/20/15.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

Them folks are Geniuses...compared to The Do Nothing Gang and that Dichotomy do add to the humor. They ain't ever been "Regalia'd". Laughing!

Ok, that's funny.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Why Fredrica those could be damn near anything you want. WOW+P

Last edited by heavywalker; 11/20/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RHutch
WTF is a Montucky?
Seen the term used here for years and never cared to ask. Asking now.

Kimber Montana..

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I have a question for you Big Stick - If Leopold scopes suck so much why did you buy/acquire more than 100 of them? Did it take you that long to figure out they weren't very good?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
How was that bet received, never heard any response to your challenge.

The answer to your Leupold question is best answered with the most recent picture of Larry the the lazy eye is the tell. I will see if I can get it for you. [Linked Image].

Here you go your answer. Note the fat roles on the neck. The blood clot in the brain lazy eye. He never has to guess his blood sugar is high. LMFAO.

Larry tomorrow you can use both of your post to respond hell boxer might have to step in shortly. laugh

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 14Homer
I have a question for you Big Stick - If Leopold scopes suck so much why did you buy/acquire more than 100 of them? Did it take you that long to figure out they weren't very good?

SOME are no good, not all. Pay attention.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
If Leopold scopes suck so much

I'd say it's because scopes by that name are Chinese knock-offs.

Honorary Gouger per Travis
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'Hutch,

Been cypherin' on the Montucky thing myself.

If I knowed what they was...I'd prolly have more than a few.............

fredrica,

You Fhuqking CLUELESS Twatt...is there no fhuqking end to your AMAZING Stupidity?!? Wow!

Don't forget to wax eloquent on your insecurities.

Ooops...too late.

Laughing!

Bless your heart.............

heavysquawker,

It's gotta be a purty BIG day in Day Dreaming Do Nothing Dumbfhuckdom...when the pointy headed crowd goes agog,over a coupla pieces of brass.

Prolly better than a week's wages,for you "hard charging" "heavy hitters". Didja' go "halfsies" on it?!?

Laughing!

Must be quite the drum roll,when you kchunts crack the wrapper on a shiny new roll of toilet paper and unbox the investment.

You "lucky" bitch.

'Finn,

Fhuqk it,now I AM getting one of them rifles..............

'Homer,

As good as I am...not even I can shoot stuff prior to it being invented and unveiled. I hear through the grapevine,that I've bought/shot more than (1) scope of more than (1) Make.

Wipe the drool offa your maw,it's unbecoming.

Bless your heart.

You'd do well to take notes and apply same.

Hint................

'Hank,

I always was gonna try me a Reupold...perhaps some day?!?

Laughing!................

'ttx,

She's doing the best she can,with the amazingly little she has to work with.

It's a BIG day...when the gals get to gawk a coupla pieces of brass and a 3-9x Reupold.

Here's hoping they can pool resources,get a coupla gallons of fuel in a tank and really R&D them high zoot wares. Mebbe for Christmas,they can again pool resources and make a down payment on a camera,then they can document their exciting cutting edge discoveries,as the boldly schlep drool and stupidity,to places they've never been before...while making them payments.

It's ALL about the scope X's,bipods and headstamps.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
12 more hours try harder on the next one. oh and with those big old knockers of yours was that bra a 48c+ or a 50d- Just in case I find a deal. Good talk sugar tits keep the worldly wisdom coming I'm learning so much how many profiles do you need.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fixed fawker Leupolds are a way of life for me. Although mine feature 4 x's. I'm almost convinced to up the ante and spring for one of those 6X's for my .280.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
sugar tits you clueless fat phuqck, you keep keepin track of what you can afford as it is obviously of great concern. It remains a constant that those who are the first to mention affordables have the phuqcking least. Your abortion of a yard/house, duct taped furniture, and computer room/kitchen oh Phuqcking WOW. You can nearly afford a gunsmith you stupid fat broke down Phuqck.

LMAO Legendary, oh my phuqcking God.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Prolly better than a week's wages,for you "hard charging" "heavy hitters". Didja' go "halfsies" on it?!?

Laughing!

Must be quite the drum roll,when you kchunts crack the wrapper on a shiny new roll of toilet paper and unbox the investment.

I can't read this out loud without crying from laughter.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I laughed as well but for a different reason Im sure. Sad past sad.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Could you guys keep it down please, my FX3 6x42 with CDS doesn't know it sucks. It also doesn't know it doesn't work. It keeps on thinking it works as it should, as do the targets that ultimately get hit by an LRX. And don't tell the LRX it sucks either and should be replaced by a target style bullet. That would hurt its feelers. Luckily their pretend and imagination are all on the same page and somehow all magically work. I won't tell them they're wrong, that would just be mean.

And still waiting Halfling... Lets see those elk you've taken. Or cougars. Or muleys. Whitetails. Pronghorn. Your high altitude back country hunts. Anything other than cruising your broken down boat for easy animals along the shore. Have anything? Anything at all? Didn't think so.

Go ahead and insert your normal made up, elementary school BS about pretend, imagination, minimum wage job, usual drivel, and photos of game other people killed while passing them off as your own. You go you hard charger, you.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We're one 90 psi blast on the secret squirrel whistle away from this thread really going downhill.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

LOL

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Taco280AI
Want to see tangents that are no longer a help, look at your idol's posts. More than one way to skin a cat. Just because you hang on every word he says doesn't mean it is the only way to get things done successfully. And have an opposing opinion on anything he says... just read his posts again.

As for experience, lets see anything he's done outside of AK boat hunting. High altitude wilderness hunts? Elk? Cougar? Whitetails? Mulies? Pronghorn? Cruise a boat and scan the shoreline, he's your midget.

^^^^this is hysterical. I enjoy reading Boxer and whatever he's other name is. It's for enjoyment only. While he makes valid points, he messes with folks so hard and let's it effect their decisions. It's awesome. Taco, what a post. Funny as hell...."he's your midget" LOL

Regards,
Nick- Georgia
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

71 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, 808outdoors, 264mag, 15 invisible), 1,043 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,220
Posts18,447,485
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.