Print Thread
Hop To
J
JeffG Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
I went out this weekend, nursing a tender knee. I rummaged through my kids old soccer stuff knowing he had one of those neoprene knee braces.

It was plenty tight on my chunky leg but fit, and seemed to be helping, not bunching up to create any pinch points. The warmth and pressure really helped me feel secure, so onward ho!

I wanted to pick a compass line to get into a notch between two hills where I was sure the deer would be bedding..., but my compass seemed to be sticking. I turned around twice and the needle didn't move..."sht, what's up with that?" Pulled out my backup..same thing. Uh oh! I must be over some lodestone, while we have some in this area it's not common, and I never heard of any in this particular place.

I sat down to review my options, set the compass next to me on a log, and the needle responded to point the direction I knew was north. I picked it up and it went haywire again. I emptied my pockets of cell phone, watch, jackknife, even took off my belt. None of these seemed to be the culprit. Low and behold the knee brace had some theraputic magnets in it...tagged! I felt like I was on candid camera and had been snagged big time!!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
GB1

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You could have found out the hard way. They should have a warning.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Warning: Do not use this knee brace while orienteering, geocaching, or otherwise navigating. You could become lost in the wilderness, which could result in injury, death, or ridicule.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by Walker6
Warning: Do not use this knee brace while orienteering, geocaching, or otherwise navigating. You could become lost in the wilderness, which could result in injury, death, or ridicule.

...Or using a pacemaker.

...or near that one guy from X-men.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

171 members (41rem, 338reddog, 2UP, 35, 44mc, 007FJ, 19 invisible), 1,501 guests, and 891 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,584
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.