Print Thread
Hop To
C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Recently bought a colt LE6920 thinking about mounting a Leupold Mark AR mod1 1.5-4X20mm firedot G Illuminated scope on it.Anyone using one of these ? Thanks.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Below is what one famous poster here recently had to say about the Mark AR.......I don't use them so I can't comment.

But he does have a little bit of experience & quite a way with words in his assessment.

MM

Originally Posted by Big Stick
Reality tends to collide with Fantasy and facts are farrrrrrrrr more intellesting to me,than someone's Imagination and Pretend.

In a nutshell...the Reupold Mark AR scopes are steaming pieces of fhuqking dogschit,as a BEST case scenario. They do not track for schit,they wander POA/POI correlation on zoom selection,are of exceedingly modest erector travel and are tender in all facets. Tough to get giddy about any one of them facts,let alone their "working" in conjunction as a "system".

Now if them thangs horn one up,in regards to an optic,there's lotsa outfits that'll happily sell you one or more.

SOLE highlight is the illuminated Firedot TMR Reticle,as it don't glow like a gawddamned fhuqking stupid christmas tree,like most other's efforts,in regards to same. That being said,everything surrounding it,is a piece of fhuqking schit. Hint.

The Reupold 3-9x has 1/4 the erector travel of the Illuminati(which coughs up 62+ Mils on the average,with another 10 Mils of both ele and wind on the windshield)),none of which goes where one wants or needs. It's double the Reupold Mark AR 1-4x. Not much of a Sales Pitch there,but them's facts. I've happily dumped several THOUSAND MOA(ala Mil scale) through an Illuminati,betwixt pokes and it is impossible to be made to stumble. Flipside being,the Mark AR can't be made to do the opposite,with even modest bumps of single digit correction. Hint.

Further,the Reupold's erector scale is a fhuqking joke.

[Linked Image]

Re-further and a seemingly of grave concern for many,is the fact that the Reupold cain't be zero-stopped,though the Illuminati is easily nudged in that direction.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

The Illuminati's built in extry battery storage compartment,is the greatest invention since the blowwjobb and to clarify for Texans,I'm talking the hetero version of same. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

The Illuminati weighs a "whopping" 14 fhuqking ounces and with that HUGE weight "concession",you reap rugged reliability,repeatability,copious erector travel(all platforms have yielded a minimum of 31 Mils remaining on the erector. That in Blackout(100yd supersonic zero),223 Wylde's (75 HPBT's at 2800fps and 200yd zero) and K-Hornet's(33/35V-Max and 150yd zero's).

[Linked Image]

The Reupold AR's adjustments are loosey-goosey compared to an Illuminati and to the tune of being about 1/4 of the Tactiltitude in direct extrapolation. They cain't be moved unwantonly,even while Runnin' & Gunnin'. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Noone hates variables more than I and with The Illuminati sighted in to correlate actual milscale subtension,one gives up nothin' up close and reaps ALL rewards downstream. The reticle jives with erector come-ups and that huge latitude,grants windows of opportunity that the Reupold cain't even begin to fathom. The Illuminati has more erector travel than my Reupold MK4 M1 16X's. Hint.

My 18" BHW LW Middie 1-8" Wylde and 75 HPBT Hornie's at 2800fps,will happily reach the 1500yd line on the erector alone,from it's 200yd zero...at low tide on The Milford. Best part is...that all flew over pointy heads! Laughing!

The Illuminati's rheostat smokes the Reupold's and betwixt every setting,there is an "off" position,so one is never more than halfa click from being in bidness. Whole numbers are brightness,interim dots are "off".

Rest assured...that I'm hoping everyone is too stupid to partake in the crystalline cool water and instead circle the Waterin' Hole,convinced they know what in the fhuqk they are talking about.(grin)

Punt the Reupold Notion,while you can and thank me later.

Hint.

Waitin' on this weather change,because gunnin' Wet Bucks is a hoot.

Film at 11:00...............

C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
YIKES crazy

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I have one. I like it. Stick doesn't. Nothing new.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I quit reading anything 'stick had to say many years ago. About any subject. I like Leupold scopes, and they work well for me. Of course I don't have his breadth and depth of experience. shocked

Sam......

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by RickyD
I have one. I like it. Stick doesn't. Nothing new.

Same here.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I like mine on my AR. Going to put another one on my Ruger American ranch 300 BLK, too.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Really like mine. I would do it again.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Whether you like Stick or not, The SWFA-SS is sure worth a look. They have a solid reputation for being tough as nails and tracking reliably. The 1-4 has a nice reticle and way more erector travel than the leupold and if you compare it to the illuminated leupold, it costs less.

I like leupolds a lot but in this case, I'd pick the SS

YMMV

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by coobie
Recently bought a colt LE6920 thinking about mounting a Leupold Mark AR mod1 1.5-4X20mm firedot G Illuminated scope on it.Anyone using one of these ? Thanks.

My $400 Super chicken 1-4 has been on 3 rifles, the clicks still move the bullet the proscribed amount all while zero is held month after month.

Scope choice in large part depends on personality and if you have a taste for the grape Leupold Cool aid.

edited to add: you may enjoy the Leupold more, some do enjoy futzing with stuff and trying to figure out what is "wrong" with their rifle.

Last edited by jimmyp; 11/10/15.

IC B3

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Dude270
Whether you like Stick or not, The SWFA-SS is sure worth a look. They have a solid reputation for being tough as nails and tracking reliably. The 1-4 has a nice reticle and way more erector travel than the leupold and if you compare it to the illuminated leupold, it costs less.

I like leupolds a lot but in this case, I'd pick the SS

YMMV
I got mine used and cheap. Can't fault it for a thing yet. I'd buy another at the price I paid any day.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
I have several Mark AR scopes, and like them. I don't like the added weight of the SS, and if I'm really concerned about the amount of erector travel, I'm going to use more than a 4x scope anyway.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
5oz difference in weight if that is a concern. I'm waiting on the black Friday sale to get myself one of those SS 1-4 illuminated scopes.

What rings are you guys using?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LT-104 and Aeroprecision Ultralight SPR mount.

C
coobie Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Think I might go with the leupold 1.25-4X20 VXR red circle dot instead of the Mark AR model.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have the Mark AR mod1 1.5-4X20mm firedot on my 6.8 which I use for hunting. I got it because I was shaving weight off my AR which has an SPR barrel. I was able to get it from 9 to 8 lbs by using the firedog and switching to a BattleLink minimalist stock.

If I wanted or needed something more durable than hunting use, I would opt for the SWFA. Not only does it have a strong reputation for toughness and proper tracking, but it also has a MUCH better reticle. The mod1 reticle really is poorly designed with 2.5 Mil hashes. The SWFA has 1 Mil hash marks and the center diamond is truly a great idea for quick shooting without touching the dial.

Top of the diamond 100 yards, center dot 200 yards, bottom of the diamond 300 yards.

Scott
B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had the Mark AR and the VX-R patrol
Switched to aimpoint pro
Personal preference

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have two of the 3-9X40 versions and they both track great.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I have two of the 3-9X40 versions and they both track great.

Travis

Really?????

Obviously, you didn't get the memo...............

MM

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 51 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,973
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.