Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Hi guys, we are nearing another hard water fishing season and my family is super excited to get out on the ice because we upgraded ice fishing houses (again).

Our previous house was a 2013 model manufactured ice fishing house made by "Ice Castle" fish house company. We really enjoyed the house, used it nearly every weekend during the ice fishing season.

We decided to sell it while it still held strong value, being fairly current model year wise and in excellent condition. We sold it privately, then ordered a new house with the same manufacturer. Yes, we actually ordered a house that we designed, we are super happy with it.

Here's what we settled on.

[Linked Image]

It's 21' in length plus what ever length the V front adds (probably 4 more feet). It is 8' wide and it rides on a Berkon hydraulic lift frame with tandem axles, rubber torsion springs, elect brakes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm uploading some interior pics now.

Something clever here.

GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
The interior is all lined with cedar, walls and ceiling.

The house has spray foam insulation in the walls and also in the floor. The furnace is a forced air 30k BTU, twin 30 lb lp tanks on the front. The house has all LED lighting, has onboard 12 volt charger for maintaining the 2 onboard 12 volt batteries and a converter to supply all the 12 volt lighting and power outlets.

It has a roof mounted air conditioner because we will use it as a camper in the summer months.

A view from the front, looking back. There is a huge full width couch that pulls out to be a bed. We have a small table in front of the couch that is removable. Above the couch is a full sized bed mounted on a track lift system, an elect motor positions that bed, you raise and lower it with a switch that is mounted on the wall. This way the bed can stay made with blankets and pillows and you can just raise it up to the ceiling when not in use.

[Linked Image]

A couple of views from the back looking forward,

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is something most guys will like (I think). It is a livewell/baitwell with an aquarium front built into a wall cabinet.

[Linked Image]

When we are fishing, that thing will be full of fresh lake water, one side will have minnows in it and hopefully the big side will be full of nice walleye, sauger and jumbo perch.

[Linked Image]

There is a pump that you can pull out of one of the cabinet doors, you drop it down one of the fishing holes and pump lake water into the live well to fill it and to freshen it up when need be.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
up front there is another couch that converts to a bed, there is also a bunk above the couch that folds tight against the wall.

[Linked Image]

Each bunk location has a 110 volt outlet and a 12 volt outlet for charging cell phones or what ever.

At the very front we have a flat screen tv mount with a detachable plate so we can safely store the TV when we are traveling. The TV we use is a 32" with a dvd player and we wire it to a satellite reciever which gets it's feed from a self aiming unit called a "tailgater".

[Linked Image]

Here's that little satellite unit. we will either set it on the roof or just set it outside of the house. There is a coax port on the exterior of the house that it hooks to. It's very cool, just turn it on and it aims itself, dish network out on the ice, lol.

[Linked Image]

Here's the kitchen stuff. We opted for no sink as we never used the sink in our old house. We have an RV type range/oven, a mini fridge and a small microwave.

[Linked Image]

Here's what the fishing holes look like. these round covers snap tightly in place and they are strong, you can walk on them when they are closed. There is a 12v LED light above each fishing hole. I believe there are 9 fishing holes in the floor of this one.

[Linked Image]

Something clever here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice, very nice.

Is that an air conditioning unit on the roof? grin

You're Welcome At My Fire Anytime

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Could I borrow some Grey Poupon Dave?

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Lastly, way up in the V front there is a small closet for changing clothes and it has what we consider an "emergency chitter", lol.

[Linked Image]

You can place a camping toilet bucket setup with a liner bag under it and do your horrible business, lol. But honestly, we bring a hunting ground blind with us which we set up outside the fish house with a bucket setup in it for that horrible business. The one in the house is reserved for some midnight emergencies and the girls use it for um... "number 1".

Here is a video of the house setting down and raising back up via the hand held fob control.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Could I borrow some Grey Poupon Dave?

Hey, I've always got some yeller mustard I can throw over the border (I really can, we fish right on the border, lol)

But I aint got none of that gray poo-pon. grin

Originally Posted by roundoak
Nice, very nice.

Is that an air conditioning unit on the roof? grin

Yep, for summer use, these things make awesome campers. Camper guys be jealous, climbing their camper steps to get up into their campers. we just let ours down flat on the ground, no rocking, no blocking, no jacks, no stairs. grin

Something clever here.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Damn! Thats nicer ( and bigger) than my house! ( Chitter is inside too!)

Shrapnel is going to be disappointed, as you are obviously in the lead for " The Man Who Dies with the Most Toys" contest. grin

Last edited by ingwe; 11/13/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now that is roughing it. grin

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm no good at deer hunting, but we have this ice fishing thing figured out. Lol.

The cool part is we actually catch a lot of fish too!

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I am lovin' it ND...I imagine its warmer than ambient in there..... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Dave, that "hut", looks nigh on to sinful.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dave

That will be a palace to get the family on the ice! Let's get our deer hung and the ice frozen so the games can begin!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Feels like summertime, will the ice ever come this year?

Something clever here.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow! You certainly do not disappointment in your endeavors.

Looking forward to the action shots.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ND,

Words cannot describe how jealous I am of that rig! I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to sell it to my wife. Thinking that an underwater camera should be hooked up to that 32" flat screen...

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Veddy nice! C'mon Ice!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Originally Posted by SamSteele
ND,

Words cannot describe how jealous I am of that rig! I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to sell it to my wife. Thinking that an underwater camera should be hooked up to that 32" flat screen...

SS

That does work (the camera thing with the TV). But you have to have decent water clarity.

The upgrade to this new house was actually my wife's idea.

Once we got started with our previous wheel house, she was hooked.

Something clever here.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I knew all of you ice fishing guys were serious, but that's crazy. I guess if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right.

I don't know what that thing costs, but you better hope the ice holds up. Do you leave it out there all winter, or do you drag it back and forth? Will the insurance co. insure it?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
For the most part, we leave it out there.

Cost is aprox 1/3 that of a cool new fishing boat. grin

Insurance? Let hope we never have to find out. lol.

Something clever here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, 10Glocks, 14idaho, 6mmbrfan, 7 invisible), 1,585 guests, and 753 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,557
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.