Print Thread
Hop To
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
I know, I have plenty of rimfire stuff, but I only found the 0074, sub sonic, copper plate pre frag at 1050 fps a year or so ago. Shoots and kills SO WELL in my suppressed, that I need more.

CCI said no deal on making anymore as they don't have any orders for it since its specialty.. I will buy a case when ever it shows.

I can't even find it on gun broker or the like.

I'im hoping for a brick to tide us over. And obviously it'll cost me. But I"m ok with that.

Just haven't been able to find any even at scalper rates and figured... what the heck, why not ask here. You just never know.

I have been able to find some 710 fps stuff but I don't want that for 100 yard turkeys and coons and such.. its just to slow IMHO. Though I snagged some for the pistol that we use in the yard on stuff at close range.

Worth a try. Thanks for looking.

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
BP-B2

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Good luck. I shot a few bricks of that and it's good stuff.

Where did you find the CCI Quiets? I have been trying to buy a couple cases of them for a year now.

Dink

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You might want to ponder some comparable alternatives such as Wolf MT or Norma TAC 22. The lube won't be a significant problem for your muffler and the specs are similar. They both shoot very well in everything of .22 RF persuasion I own.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
DD, thanks, may have to look into that. ONly down side, they are not prefrag and don't work as well as Iv'e done the wolf stuff as I had some left over from rimfire AR days... Plain old subsonic stuff I have a fair stash of, enough to likely last my life. May have to go the route my buddy did, buy the form dies and HP the wolf stuff...

Dink- gunbroker likely, something like 60 for a brick maybe?

I googled the slower ones to get the number, then did a search and ordered some.

Normal CCI quiets show up at the Walmart fairly often. I don't buy them because they are not prefrag

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
PS in contact with CCI, trying to get them to give me a figure it would take to make a run fo them and then try to talk some wholesaler into placing the order...

From what I hear quite a few folks would spring for a case at least on sight... coons this last weekend a bit over 100 yards were not impressed at all from the rounds. LOL.

IC B2

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
Off and on in contact... CCI is messed up too.. they said not enough orders to make a run... so I asked how much do you need order wise.

Get the run around you can't do this or bla bla. I told em I'm not your average dummy, give me a figure and I'll get with a distributor and see if they would order a million or whatever...

Nope not just a fixed number to get them to make a run, much more complicated...

WTF no wonder this country is screwed.

I get it that rimfire is still behind, but damnit, what does it take to get them to schedule a run then? The answer is clear, you can't get them to make specific, they make whatever the hell they want to and for whatever reason.

That being said its still great ammo and they claim to have made it last april.... not from what I could see on the net but maybe so...

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
rost495;

I have two bricks of CCI Sub-Sonic HP

22 Long Rifle Lead Hollow Point

FPS
Also says on box;

Sub-Sonic.Small Game

It is not copper plated, or pre frag.

I would sell the two bricks, 10-100 round boxes, for $120.

Send me a PM if interested. I check my messages in the AM.

Virgil B.

R
rost495 Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
R
VB, thanks, I have that ammo here. Its not quite what the 0074 is.

FWIW I'm after 0074, nothing else.

Thanks. Jeff

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks for the info from CCI. I had no idea they weren't actively running that line, just thought people were snapping it up and hoarding it. I stocked up on it for my suppressed 22s years ago and even sold some about a year ago because the prices were so ridiculous. If they would make a run or if you find some, I'd definitely be in for a case/5000. If you want me to send you a couple boxes/50, shoot me your info and I'll drop 'em in the mail.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
722 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.