Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Here in the city I doubt much of anything would be done by the citizens.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by acy
I live in the woods about 5 miles west of Sterling, a very white Village of around 400 people. Not likely that we are on anyone's radar, but if a couple/few Arab looking people showed up, they would be noticed. They might discover that there are far more guns than people in my area.

Yep. Our little village is unincorporated and is a "Census Designated Place" with a population of 237 as of January, 2015. Virtually everyone owns at least one firearm and I would say that a majority of the residents own several to many. About the only place to do a Paris type deal would be at the school, but I would bet that most of the vehicles in the parking lot contain at least one firearm on any given day.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by mudhen
Originally Posted by acy
I live in the woods about 5 miles west of Sterling, a very white Village of around 400 people. Not likely that we are on anyone's radar, but if a couple/few Arab looking people showed up, they would be noticed. They might discover that there are far more guns than people in my area.

Yep. Our little village is unincorporated and is a "Census Designated Place" with a population of 237 as of January, 2015. Virtually everyone owns at least one firearm and I would say that a majority of the residents own several to many. About the only place to do a Paris type deal would be at the school, but I would bet that most of the vehicles in the parking lot contain at least one firearm on any given day.

Ben! Your just a hop skip and jump from the town where just such an event occurred March 9, 1916!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those idiots ( Mosque) in Casa Grande must have horseshoes up their wazoos.

Given THEIR track record, I can't believe the place isn't already rubble and ruin.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I doubt we have to worry too much.

They like to pick "soft targets" in gun free zones, in liberal cities and states.

By the time the cavalry gets there, the scum will be dissipated to their rat holes.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
There wouldn't be a Haji left standing for a 100 mile radius.

Likely true for a great deal of the country, but surely if they hit a large metro area like DC, NYC, ATL, etc, the result would be exactly has what just happened in Paris.

MM

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pretty much. There's a whole Lotta fellas around here itching for a shooting match

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
just wondering when the threads are going to start of what caliber and bullets are best for Terrorist varmint season...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are few to none around here.
If an event occurred, there'd be some return fire, certainly. I wouldn't just take it if I were exposed.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I think the only thing most folks here would wait on is a valid target.

If you see 'em, you can't shoot 'em.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The local Sheriff wouldn't be short on well armed volunteers.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
just wondering when the threads are going to start of what caliber and bullets are best for Terrorist varmint season...

Why, 223 AI of course!

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Seafire

Why, 223 AI of course!

As long as it's lubed with bacon grease, it's all good.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Well I'm going on the record that if havta get in a shoot out, I'm bringing firearms with uber cool factor!!!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I Portland the city would apologise for not being muslem enough. Where I live outside the city things could work out a lot different.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My guess is that there would be a lot of Muslims and other brown peoples mistaken for Muslims killed in the Birmingham area. I am thinking the mosques would be burned to the ground as well.

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
considering that the mayor of the nearest big city and our fuggen governor just said they would welcome the terrorists, i mean syrians, with open arms, i doubt there is much we could do without getting shot by our own LE. i love PA but philly and pittsburgh have fugged this state up with the democrat clowns they elected. i can't wait to retire and move even more rural where anybody darker than tan is immediately suspect and watched like a hawk.

My diploma is a DD214
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Well I'm going on the record that if havta get in a shoot out, I'm bringing firearms with uber cool factor!!!!

Pancho told me that was just a big misunderstanding by you gringo's.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Arizona is a pretty free state still. As such, there are a number of people i know that have quite a few class III weapons.
some of them are fairly modern such as maxim's and the like.
There is the one guy i know that has a squad weapon, with russian markings on it. How it got here, i don't know.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
In most locations it would be to shelter and wait for police and officials to takencharge. Despite all the talk and bravado that's what most likely happens because if you act to protect your self or community then the fist of the almighty state will come down on you.

Even our military bases have been pussified to the point where soldiers cannot be armed. Reference Ft Hood.

It would be nice to think we could act but our overseers would condemn and target those folks more aggressively than terrorists.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

684 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 160user, 11point, 68 invisible), 2,921 guests, and 1,414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,472
Posts18,451,759
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.