Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by BH63
Originally Posted by kscowboy01

I went to this show last year. It's a bottom-feeder show, in my opinion. If you want to shoot a buffalo on a game farm, there are plenty of options in Denver. If you want a real hunt, which you've said that's what you are wanting, I would go to Dallas SCI or to Vegas for viable options.

A very rude thing to say IMO. I have seen some big name outfitters at the Denver Sportsman Show.

I've been told that the SCI show in Reno is the biggest and the best.

BH63

I've been to both, and they both are really, very good.

DSC is about the size the SCI was in 1990. Big but managable.

Steinbrenner, why don't you and jorgeI find your way to DSC. It would be the perfect opportunity to meet you guys in person and let you guys buy me some beers......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I am at DSC every year, have been since 06. We usually arrive Wednesday and stay until Sunday. Our schedules are usually booked in the evenings, but open for lunch and or cocktails anytime!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'll be there this year as well, looks like arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning. Lunch get-together of 24HCF folks has been a tradition the past couple of years.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DocRocket
I'll be there this year as well, looks like arriving Friday evening and leaving Sunday morning. Lunch get-together of 24HCF folks has been a tradition the past couple of years.

Y'all got a spare seat I can occupy? grin

I've been itching to shake Jorge's hand for quite a while.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Anyone ever hunt with JVZ Safaris?

BH63

I guess not. frown

BH63

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

I've been itching to shake his hand too. When he found out the year before last that he was gonna be on the hook for lunch, he came up with some kind of mysterious injury or something and went AWOL...... smile

I'll be there Friday and Saturday too. I'd love to meet all the 24HCF guys too/again. I'm in for lunch if anybody's interested.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Anybody ever hunt with Dudley Rogers out of West Nicholson, Zim?

He has a 10-day buff hunt in Gowke South for $15K.

BH63

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Ed

I've been itching to shake his hand too. When he found out the year before last that he was gonna be on the hook for lunch, he came up with some kind of mysterious injury or something and went AWOL...... smile

I'll be there Friday and Saturday too. I'd love to meet all the 24HCF guys too/again. I'm in for lunch if anybody's interested.

Lads, I'm up for a lunch date, but we need to decide so I can plan ahead. Just let me know. Friday is best for me.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
^
Thanks for totally hi-jacking the thread.

BH63

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
You're welcome. I figured since you were generating about as much interest as watching paint dry, my mere presence might generate some comments...

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
^

BH63

Like sitting around a real campfire. If you think Campfire threads don't wander, well, you're in for a surprise. Enjoy the ride. You might learn some things you didn't expect to. I certainly have.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Ed

Lads, I'm up for a lunch date, but we need to decide so I can plan ahead. Just let me know. Friday is best for me.

Jorge, I've done some informal polling and it looks like we'll have a lot more folks there on Saturday than on Friday. Can you make that work?

Apparently you're a celebrity here! Please bring some 8X10's, I'll bring a Sharpie for you to sign them... wink

But seriously, I'm gonna start a couple of threads here to get folks made aware. One here in Africa, and perhaps one on the Ask Gunwriters forum. I hesitate to put anything about this on the Hunter's Campfire...

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll make Saturday lunch work. There are some GOOD restaurants at the Omni proper and there within a couple of minutes walking distance of the Convention through the archway. The main restaurant at the Omni by the mail lobby is pretty good and it should be reasonably easy to get a table.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

I went to this show last year. It's a bottom-feeder show, in my opinion. If you want to shoot a buffalo on a game farm, there are plenty of options in Denver. If you want a real hunt, which you've said that's what you are wanting, I would go to Dallas SCI or to Vegas for viable options.

A very rude thing to say IMO. I have seen some big name outfitters at the Denver Sportsman Show.

I've been told that the SCI show in Reno is the biggest and the best.

BH63

I've been to both, and they both are really, very good.

DSC is about the size the SCI was in 1990. Big but managable.

Steinbrenner, why don't you and jorgeI find your way to DSC. It would be the perfect opportunity to meet you guys in person and let you guys buy me some beers......

I won't make it this year. Bad part of the month for me to get away. However, I'd sure enjoy the rendezvous. Bet we could find some Tex Mex and some cold ones to annihilate!! Joe T. Garcia's, anyone???

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Pugs
^

BH63

Like sitting around a real campfire. If you think Campfire threads don't wander, well, you're in for a surprise. Enjoy the ride. You might learn some things you didn't expect to. I certainly have.

Yes and just like real campfires there is always the one guy who gets up and pizzes in the fire, and the other yokels who laugh at the smell, thinking this is height of sophisticated hilarity.

If posters want to discuss meeting up at the DSC, they should create a new thread or go to Matchmaker.com so they can hook up IMO.

BH63

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

If posters want to discuss meeting up at the DSC, they should create a new thread or go to Matchmaker.com so they can hook up IMO.

BH63

Opinions are like rectal orifices, everyone has one and they ALL stink(well, 'xceptin' for Naval Aviators) . Yours apparently more so, must be from your panties getting in a wad in your buttcrack. Here's another hint, the fact nobody responds to your queries might be another hint regarding your personality...

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
^

BH63

Fill out one of these and send it to the Mods...

[Linked Image]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K

BH63

Oh, yes, you will find Ivan Carter in the booth next to the one selling Sugar Gliders.

Jim Shockey will be in another booth next to the one selling a revolutionary new can opener.

Go to Dallas or Reno/Vegas and see a real show. You don't know what you are missing. It's a bottom-feeder show and pales in comparison to SCI, DSC, and FNAWS. I will stand by this statement, as it may be rude but it's a fact.

Last year, I went to the Denver show and then caught a flight to DSC the next day. I attended both within 24 hours of each other. I know what I'm talking about.

Last edited by kscowboy01; 12/21/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Pugs
^

BH63

Yes and just like real campfires there is always the one guy who gets up and pizzes in the fire, and the other yokels who laugh at the smell, thinking this is height of sophisticated hilarity.

BH63

You sound like a real barrel of fun. I work at a damn serious business all week long. This board is fun for me and has been for a long time. A newbie like you are not likely to change it.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
B
BH63 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
B
I know all about the old timers on forums who form their little cliques and gang up on independents. I outgrew all of that in the 10th grade.

Grow up.

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1936M71, 163bc, 204guy, 66 invisible), 2,498 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,541
Posts18,453,138
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.