Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
AK416 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with Charley Santoni (CS Sports)? He's had my rifle for a cerakote job since March and has not responded to any phone calls or emails since 21 July.

He's coated multiple rifles for me in the past with great results but I am beyond frustrated with his total lack of customer service this time. I emailed once in May and again in July; both times i was told the gun would be coated within a week. Since then....nothing.

Not sure what to do at this point short of calling the ATF or local sheriff.

I appreciate any insight if anyone has been in contact with him.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
He drops off the map occasionally...I'm sure if you google him you will verify this. My guess is hunting season...
Did work for me in the past....excellent quality.

Buy once, cry once.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I had the same happen with him a long while back. Finally got the rifle. It turned out ok, but I'd not send another to have him do it for $10 a rifle and free shipping.

Hopefully he'll get back to you soon.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Had the same problem with him years ago. Not a good feeling when you can't get a hold of someone that has your stuff. It took me a long time to get my stuff back.

Last edited by lone wolf; 11/18/15.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Yeah and I really don't understand it. It's almost like its a "bother" to some of these guys. Seems like a guy like Charlie had business coming out his ears...seems like a five second email would be pretty simple.

Buy once, cry once.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
PM coming..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my experience was different from some of you. the work done was sub standard and it took forever to get my gun back. he tried to convince me it was my fault. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I had the same happen with him a long while back. Finally got the rifle. It turned out ok, but I'd not send another to have him do it for $10 a rifle and free shipping.

Ditto.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
A
AK416 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Thanks guys for your responses....hopefully it will get resolved somehow.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
PM sent. Similar experience.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, I haven't had Charlie do anything in 3-4 years, but he was prompt and his work quality was great. Hope you get it worked out.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
AK416,

I too, have had Charlie do work for me. His stock painting service was decent. Cerakote job, not so great(The barrel on my rifle came back with orange peel on several spots indicating that the cerakote had been applied too thick). Everytime I pick up that rifle it still bothers me.

I elected not to send my rifle back to him to be redone because I had a sneaking suspicion that I might not get it back. He pulled the same crap on me that it sounds like you are going through(kept promising it'd be shipped first thing next week). Took 4-6 weeks longer to get my rifle back(no response to emails or phone messages etc). His reputation used to be great but he seems to have changed his tune for the worst over the past couple of years.

Good luck. Hopefully all will work out but I'd be pushing the issue a bit harder with him if it were my rifle. I'll never use him again. There are plenty of good folks out there that do better work in a timely fashion. Just my experience.

I'll eventually have Eddie Fosnaugh(one of the good folks) redo the Cerakote on my rifle as I know from past experience he is a perfectionist and will get my rifle back to me without stringing me along.

Best wishes,

Leftybolt

Last edited by leftybolt; 11/23/15.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by leftybolt

I'll eventually have Eddie Fosnaugh(one of the good folks) redo the Cerakote on my rifle as I know from past experience he is a perfectionist and will get my rifle back to me without stringing me along.

Bingo...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
C
C
While it's no excuse for not communicate Charley is in a bad way with his back right now. Last I saw him he walked like he was 80. I can't/wont speak for him but I will do my best to get ahold of him and let him know about this. Thank you.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
A phone call does not strain one's back...

Buy once, cry once.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Eddie Fausnaugh is "the man" when it comes to Cerakote. He's fixed a few of my trashed rifles back to perfection. I'm sure he dreads when he gets a box in the mail from me..

His Cerakote sticks and does not rub off.

A
AK416 Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
A
Update:

Received an email late last night from Charley's wife Brook stating that Charley had in fact been laid up with a back injury but that my rifle is completed, boxed up and ready to ship as soon as they receive payment.

Hopefully this will complete the saga and we can all move on with our lives.

Thank you to all who responded. I will update when I see the rifle.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Eddie is also the man for bedding.

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by GregW
Eddie is also the man for bedding.

Everything Eddie has done for me has been excellent.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC

Hopefully he'll get back to you soon.

Same here. Charlie did a rifle for me awhile back and I experienced the same poor communication and terrible CS. He got rude and I felt like my rifle was being held hostage. I do not recommend him.

Eric

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

606 members (10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 160user, 1234, 16penny, 10Glocks, 70 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,208 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,269
Posts18,448,309
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.