Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A NATO ally has been attacked by a self declared state. Does that not REQUIRE all NATO countries to come to France's aid?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I thought it did.

LOL
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
France has to ask. They haven't yet

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
France is not a NATO member. They withdraw under de Gaulle completely by 1966.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
ISIS, despite their pretensions, is not a State. I'm pretty sure that if France thought they had a reason to demand NATO participation, they would have already called for it.

I believe France rejoined NATO in 2009

Last edited by Mannlicher; 11/18/15.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Shhhh! Obama will release more terrorists from gitmo.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by hatari

France is a NATO member!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
the truth is we've elected a President, twice, that doesn't care if the muslims take over the world.

that's the truth. now, what are you going to do about it?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect that if France really wanted to let loose the chiens de guerre they could handily kick the crap out of any Muslim country in the Middle East all by their lonesomes.

Despite the stereotype of being surrender monkeys they actually have a fairly formidable military. The Foreign Legion is a highly trained strike force of paratroopers that could hit pretty much whatever target in that area they wanted. They would have the added advantage of a very short supply line across the Mediterranean.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Gus
the truth is we've elected a President, twice, that doesn't care if the muslims take over the world.

You may have elected him but I didn't. What I believe appropriate for those who did will go unnamed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think France would have to invoke article 5 but its within the treaty terms.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus

He is not my President and never will be. I held my nose and voted for two stupid jackasses in the last two elections, but they were at least qualified to be President, which I do not believe Obama is-thus he is not President. IMO he is a Muslim and he wants the Muslims to take over. This is much worse than just not caring. He is a traitorous scumsuckingpig.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
He is not my President and never will be. I held my nose and voted for two stupid jackasses in the last two elections, but they were at least qualified to be President, which I do not believe Obama is-thus he is not President. IMO he is a Muslim and he wants the Muslims to take over. This is much worse than just not caring. He is a traitorous scumsuckingpig.

IMHO YHO is correct.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
They would have the added advantage of a very short supply line across the Mediterranean.

Too bad we didn't have that 'advantage' (Italy to Libya) when Benghazi was under attack frown

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by Gus

You may have elected him but I didn't. What I believe appropriate for those who did will go unnamed.

Yep.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I suspect that if France really wanted to let loose the chiens de guerre they could handily kick the crap out of any Muslim country in the Middle East all by their lonesomes.

Despite the stereotype of being surrender monkeys they actually have a fairly formidable military. The Foreign Legion is a highly trained strike force of paratroopers that could hit pretty much whatever target in that area they wanted. They would have the added advantage of a very short supply line across the Mediterranean.

I hope the Legion does get involved..They also have bases in the Horn of Africa that would give them good access to other terrorist areas of the ME...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari

Seems they returned in 2009? Missed that one!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I have no doubt, they have a small but well equipped and trained military these days (they finally learned that quality is better than quantity). They would kick ISIS to kingdom come.

But unless there's an after plan, we'll all be back there in under 5 years.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the after plan should be modeled after the Roman sacking of Judea. They knew how to deal with middle east death cults.

Carpe' Scrotum

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,220 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.