Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice work... Lots of roosters!!! We just left the pheasant fields.. Now looking for a buck.. Managed 9 roosters and 5 huns. 9 was our possession limit.. A few days left for you guys before buck season... Best of luck..

Molon Labe
GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Great looking pup you got there Battue. Great talking to you today. Good luck hunting. I'll try to stay in touch better. Was a crazy spring and summer. Spent most of it in Montana. Miss shooting with you.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Battue,
Looks like Merlow is coming along well. I found out Saturday his blood line mate has another skill; she can find a deer. Abbey got bloodied and a ride to the taxidermist/processor.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Cruiser1; 12/24/15.
B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Ha!! Cool, I wanted to get him in on that this year myself, but no Buck showed himself were I could get any shooting. Lots of Does tried to jump in the pot, but we let them be for now. In addition, nice Buck. Congrats.

Merlot is starting to roan up himself, but probably will not end up as much as yours. But the orange ticking keeps coming out. One thing I also see is the similarity in eye color and placement in the head. They both have a kinda Asian slant when it comes to eye position. Ear coloring and hair texture is practically identical.

Looks like you are having as much fun with Abby-had a fine Springer by that name-as I with Merlot.

Cool pics and thanks for the update on how you two are coming along. cool

Interesting story. One day while shooting a guy pulled up in a Jeep and out came what looked like an identical twin to Toby, the black Cocker. Now Toby doesn't care all that much about other Dogs. No aggression, he just doesn't care. Well, the two of them did the sniffing thing and then took off over the field together.

I commented on the similarity and how it was odd for Toby to want to play with another Dog. Guy then asks me were Toby came from. Turns out our Dogs were out of different litters from the same mating. They were Brothers. Those two for the rest of the day were inseparable. They ran each other ragged and then laid down beside each other until they caught their wind and then went at it again. Toby hasn't done the same since and it took him quite awhile to have much to do with Merlot.

Last edited by battue; 12/24/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Very cool how similar they are; Abbey was almost solid white when I got her. I was having trouble finding my buck and went and got her; she has an awesome nose and I knew she would find it even if she did not know what it was.Hope to get her in front of some birds after deer season; we did not have many doves early. Other skills she has developed are riding in the golf cart, watching Alabama football and enjoying the fireplace smile

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

IC B2

B
battue Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
That Buck looks better with each pic. 😉

Merlot likes Deer perhaps a little too much. She has taken off twice on one. Once out the back yard and into the wood. Finally found him coming home around 30minuts later. Out the front would have been onto the road. The other was in Michigan Woodcock hunting. Caught sight of him way out crossing an old logging road. Again 30 minutes or so. Have had to use some electric to put an end to it.

Tell me Abbey can't pass a sock without picking it up and I wouldn't be surprised.😀

laissez les bons temps rouler
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
If a sock or reading glasses hits the floor; I better get some cheese fast to trade smile

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

553 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 163bc, 49 invisible), 2,227 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,606
Posts18,454,857
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.