Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
I am going to put a Swfa scope on my Tikka(more than likely a 6x42) Superlight and wanting some input on which 30mm rings to use.

I have thought about the Warne rings which clamp directly to the receiver as it SEEMS like it would be a sturdier setup than using a rail and then clamping rings to the rail.The scope which is over 20 ounces seems like might be too much mass moving for just a few screws holding either a rail or the Talleys for that matter.

I like the Warnes because they are steel but have never used Vertical rings on a centerfire.And they are a little heavy but the weight is not a big deal as rifle is plenty light anyway.

Anyway, for those who have used 30mm Rings on a Tikka T3, I would appreciate your input .

Faster horses,Younger women,Older Whiskey,More money

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
I have used the warne rail and then used their 30mm rings and it is a rock solid set up.....I have also used 16bores modified tally rings as well which are also very nice

Double_D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use the Warnes specifically made for the Tikka (the ones with the peg for the hole) and think they work great with my SWFA SS 10X42.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
+1 for the steel Warnes that clamp on the rail. They are rock solid, have a recoil pin, and give flexible ring spacing. I've used the OEM, DNZ, & Warnes and would go with the Warnes without hesitation.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
The Talleys modified by campfire member 16bore are pretty boss. I have them on two Tikkas and love them

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Only thing that sucks is I'm sold out at the moment...

[Linked Image]

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Double_D
I have used the warne rail and then used their 30mm rings and it is a rock solid set up.....I have also used 16bores modified tally rings as well which are also very nice

Have you used the Warne rings that clamp directly to the rifles dovetail?

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bcraig

No sir, seperate rail and rings. Rail with the low rings give good spacing on VX6 2-12x42, so should work well with super chicken

Double_D
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 16bore
Only thing that sucks is I'm sold out at the moment...

Are you trying to create a run on the market? grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

No sir, seperate rail and rings. Rail with the low rings give good spacing on VX6 2-12x42, so should work well with super chicken

Thanks
I am really interested in the ones that clamp to the reciever as I feel like they are a sturdier setup .
If Warne only made a set that clamped to the dovetail that were horizontal rings instead of vertical I would buy them in a heartbeat.
BUT they dont so i think I am going to get what they offer.
They are a little heavy but even with the extra weight of the rings and the Swfa 6x the Superlight will still be only about
7 pounds 12 ounces loaded.

Have you been to the Bass Pro in the Pyramid ?
I have been a couple of times and it is nice,prices higher than a cats tail but nice !

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D

Thanks
I am really interested in the ones that clamp to the reciever as I feel like they are a sturdier setup .
If Warne only made a set that clamped to the dovetail that were horizontal rings instead of vertical I would buy them in a heartbeat.
They are a little heavy but even with the extra weight of the rings and the Swfa 6x the Superlight will still be only about

I have been a couple of times and it is nice,prices higher than a cats tail but nice !

Went once when had out of town company. BPS is my last choice for my outdoor needs..Friggin criminal some of the prices they charge

Double_D
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
bcraig,

I have a 34mm scope in Talleys. It seems to be holding zero. The rifle has not been knocked over so I can't help you there. I hope I don't discover that unwanted info. The scope weighs 22.5 ounces.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Lots of places with Talley's in stock. No need to add more weight/spend more money with a separate rail/ring setup.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Ringman
bcraig,

I have a 34mm scope in Talleys. It seems to be holding zero. The rifle has not been knocked over so I can't help you there. I hope I don't discover that unwanted info. The scope weighs 22.5 ounces.

Yea mine rides around in my truck or on a 4 wheeler.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
[quote=slm9s]Lots of places with Talley's in stock. No need to add more weight/spend more money with a separate rail/ring setup. [/quote

I am interested in the Warnes that clamp directly on the rifles dovetail.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B

Thanks

Went once when had out of town company. BPS is my last choice for my outdoor needs..Friggin criminal some of the prices they charge

They do have some nice animal mounts though,all I bought was a piece of fudge cake while I was there but it was worth the visit.
Nice to have it in case of an emergency though.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I am going to put a Swfa scope on my Tikka(more than likely a 6x42) Superlight and wanting some input on which 30mm rings to use.

I have thought about the Warne rings which clamp directly to the receiver as it SEEMS like it would be a sturdier setup than using a rail and then clamping rings to the rail.The scope which is over 20 ounces seems like might be too much mass moving for just a few screws holding either a rail or the Talleys for that matter.

I like the Warnes because they are steel but have never used Vertical rings on a centerfire.And they are a little heavy but the weight is not a big deal as rifle is plenty light anyway.

Anyway, for those who have used 30mm Rings on a Tikka T3, I would appreciate your input .

If you are looking for Tikka mounts that clamps directly into their base, there is nothing more precisely machined than the Optilock base/ring combo. I have 4 sets of those mounted. I have never had to use more than a couple of inches of the scope's internal adjusment to zero it. The derlin ring prevent scratches and it is horizontally split.
This one is one inch but the same concept with the 30mm.

[Linked Image]

Having said that, I am a great fan of Warne QDs. I have a 30mm attached to the grooved receiver of my ZKK 600(CZ 550). Rock solid and reliably returns to zero. If you'd ever warm up to the rail/QD ring setup I'd highly recommend Tikka Performance rail with Warne QD ring.
The advantage of this rail that the recoil pin is machined into it. My latest "do it all".

[Linked Image]

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks for the pics and info
How much are the optilock 30mm ?

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
The Optilock is around $140 from Beretta. You might be able to find a used one or piece it together from ebay a bit cheaper. The performance rail was $67 and the Warne QD 30mm $40 used from ebay.

B
bcraig Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks
I think i will stay with the $50.00 Warnes !

http://warnescopemounts.com/product/14t-30mm-tikka-fixed-medium-rings/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

513 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,666 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.