Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
'nuff said. Very happy to see Urban scowling. Was Michigan State the first ranked team Ohio played so far this year?

Sam......

GB1

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
+1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whupped 'em good.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I just hope the Gators don't have to play anymore 2-8 teams. We really need an offensive line, and of course a KICKER.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
'nuff said. Very happy to see Urban scowling. Was Michigan State the first ranked team Ohio played so far this year?

Yep. I loved it, too.

And Ole Miss is putting it to LSU right now. Now I can root against ND tonight! Then the 3 teams I despise the most will all be LOSERS!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Congratulations to Michigan State! I was pleased to see the buckeyes beat.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It pains me to say this, but congrats to the Spartans. My Buckeyes played like crap and got what they deserved.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Mannlicher

he definaly had ' bitter beer face ' walking off the field.....too funny

Double_D
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gophergunner
It pains me to say this, but congrats to the Spartans. My Buckeyes played like crap and got what they deserved.

that was classy, well played.

be interesting to see the rankings, wouldn't think they'd fall too far getting beaten by a ranked team.

their trouble seems to be it's one of the few ranked teams they'll play.

congrats Sparties

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ohio State has been pretendin'. They finally ran into a buzzsaw known as M.S.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they lost by 3 to a very, very good team.

not sure they're pretending, but they certainly don't seem as strong as last year.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not a very pretty game & the weather didn't help either but a really big win for MSU; tOSU was STIFLED.........Go Green!!

MM

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Intersting to see the ranking on Monday.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a God!! Michigan State beat the crap out of them, the scoreboard just didn't reflect how bad. Well done Sparty!

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's hard to believe that same Michigan State team let Nebraska sneak one over on them.

Could be the year of the Hawks.

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
this article explains more about what has really been going on at OSU
http://espn.go.com/ncf/story/_/page...-college-football-playoff-hopes-jeopardy

Funny how exactly it parallels what Meyer did at Florida. No team spirit, a group of individual superstars, limited play calling.......

Sam......

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
More bad news for the Buckeyes... Next week they gotta play Michigan who came within a few seconds of beating State a couple of weeks ago.

State was playing without their starting quarterback although the fill-in did great. If Michigan can beat Ohio State next week I think the Spartans will go to the Big Ten Championship game.

Go Blue...

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Good morning Dick. Hope you and Glorya are enjoying the winter weather! smile

The lack of passing plays by OSU surprised me. MSU has a weak secondary, figured the suckeyes would have exploited it better. Thinking Iowa will be the Big Ten champs this year...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Dick_Wright
More bad news for the Buckeyes... Next week they gotta play Michigan who came within a few seconds of beating State a couple of weeks ago.

State was playing without their starting quarterback although the fill-in did great. If Michigan can beat Ohio State next week I think the Spartans will go to the Big Ten Championship game.

Go Blue...

If MSU beats Penn State, they go, no matter what happens between UM & OSU.

If Cook is healthy, there's no way either PSU or Iowa will beat them...........w/o Cook, Iowa could be real tough for them, but Iowa has played a pretty soft schedule.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by muleshoe

They still have a game to play in Lincoln next Friday and I have a feeling they ain't gonna like the outcome.

Mike

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR

They still have a game to play in Lincoln next Friday and I have a feeling they ain't gonna like the outcome.

Mike

Some games are satisfying no matter which team loses.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I think State will beat Penn State easily even if Cook doesn't play. That back-up quarterback did good Saturday.

Even with a couple of losses, a win over Ohio State will make for a great first season for Harbaugh.

Go Blue!

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
All I can say is Roll Tide. If they play like they are capable of, nobody can beat Bama unless they let them. I knew Ohio St. was over ranked, I just wish Alabama could have played them again this year and show them what a real Azz Whuppin was all about, Bama would have beaten them by 30.

ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heart of Dixie
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I think State will beat Penn State easily even if Cook doesn't play. That back-up quarterback did good Saturday.

Even with a couple of losses, a win over Ohio State will make for a great first season for Harbaugh.

Go Blue!

+1

UM fan here, but I couldn't help but pull for Sparty last Saturday. Sparty played great in the slop and OSU stunk all over the place.

Go Blue, Beat the Suckeyes! smirk

NB

NRA Life Member
"Use Enough Gun"- Robert Ruark
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo

Go Blue!

+1

UM fan here, but I couldn't help but pull for Sparty last Saturday. Sparty played great in the slop and OSU stunk all over the place.

Go Blue, Beat the Suckeyes! smirk

NB

There's a little tension in this house this time of year. Her Loveliness is strictly an MSU athletic supporter. I'm strictly "Go Blue". I nearly had a heart attack the last two seconds of the UM/ MSU game. That wouldn't happen again in a hundred years.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

NB

There's a little tension in this house this time of year. Her Loveliness is strictly an MSU athletic supporter. I'm strictly "Go Blue". I nearly had a heart attack the last two seconds of the UM/ MSU game. That wouldn't happen again in a hundred years.

Dick,

Is Cook GTG on Saturday?? He surely will get drafted "IF" his shoulder is OK moving forward.However, the two backups for MSU took care of business at the horseshoe last Saturday. Penn State secondary has some glaring flaws which Jake exposed for the world to see last Saturday. It could get ugly for PSU in E. Lansing in a couple of days.

I agree on "The Fluke of the Century". That kind of bounce wont happen again in 100 years. And State knows it.

I think OSU/UM game is a tossup. Great story lines as always. Would be great to see Harbaugh get the first win against Urban. And watch out for #5. grin My son and DIL will be at the game; they bleed Blue too. cool

Rod

NRA Life Member
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S

Mike

I've heard a few people say that, wouldn't bet on it, though...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

How so?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Mike

I think they liked it. whistle whistle whistle

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Iowa's going to put a smack down on msu in the B1G championship game, if msu even makes it that far...

Book it!!!

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
you're just green (& white) with envy

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Dantonio had better have a whole bunch of trick plays hidden up his sleeve.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
For Penn State? I don't think so. Just a solid game like they played last Saturday, no turn overs, not too many penalties...is all it takes. Penn State has not been good at all, not all that lucky, either.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

For me, it would be very interesting for Iowa to meet Michigan in the title game, pitting our QB, Ruddock, from last year's Iowa team against this years Iowa team. He's a good kid and had a good year with the maize and blue.

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
And of course, UM should have no problems tomorrow against OSU... cool

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by sse
For Penn State? I don't think so. Just a solid game like they played last Saturday, no turn overs, not too many penalties...is all it takes. Penn State has not been good at all, not all that lucky, either.

No against Iowa. Michigan played msu tough, two plays by msu made the difference. Nebraska beat em, maybe with a questionable call but msu let them hang around for a chance to win. Iowa/MSU should be a good game...

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
We're going to learn a lot today. It's going to be sunny and 40 deg. I'm going to forego deer hunting and play computer and work on guns till noon. I agree on a toss-up on U of M vs OSU. State will have no problem with PSU.

FWIW I will be pulling for State. That way Her Loveliness will fix dinner when it's done. Otherwise it's down to Mac's for me.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 11/27/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

For me, it would be very interesting for Iowa to meet Michigan in the title game, pitting our QB, Ruddock, from last year's Iowa team against this years Iowa team. He's a good kid and had a good year with the maize and blue.

Agreed. I think lots of folks would like to see that one. Not too likely though, MSU shouldn't fall to PSU.

Black Cows Matter!
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

NB

Dick,

Is Cook GTG on Saturday?? He surely will get drafted "IF" his shoulder is OK moving forward.However, the two backups for MSU took care of business at the horseshoe last Saturday. Penn State secondary has some glaring flaws which Jake exposed for the world to see last Saturday. It could get ugly for PSU in E. Lansing in a couple of days.

I agree on "The Fluke of the Century". That kind of bounce wont happen again in 100 years. And State knows it.

I think OSU/UM game is a tossup. Great story lines as always. Would be great to see Harbaugh get the first win against Urban. And watch out for #5. grin My son and DIL will be at the game; they bleed Blue too. cool

Rod

NB,

I don't know if Cook is O.K. or not. I sure didn't like seeing his right arm just kinda hanging down last week. We'll find out shortly.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

NB

Dick,

Rod

NB,

I don't know if Cook is O.K. or not. I sure didn't like seeing his right arm just kinda hanging down last week. We'll find out shortly.

I heard rumors of a partially dislocated shoulder. If so I'm not sure a couple weeks is long enough to rehab it. One good hit on it and he'll be out for the rest of the season.

I don't think they'll need him to play against PSU...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

I heard rumors of a partially dislocated shoulder. If so I'm not sure a couple weeks is long enough to rehab it. One good hit on it and he'll be out for the rest of the season.

I don't think they'll need him to play against PSU...

I agree........don't think they'll play him this week.

But if MSU wins, I think they should beat Iowa.

Iowa was handed a gift yesterday from a terrible Nebraska team with a 4th rate QB as they pretty much self destructed. Too bad they played their game of the year against MSU when MSU's coaching staff had their heads up their azzes as they manage to do quite often.

I think MSU has too much offense & will pick Iowa apart, assuming Cook can play.

W/o Cook, Iowa might have the edge, but maybe not. O'Connor is actually a pretty good passer. Just couldn't throw much in the conditions with tOSU last week.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Mike

I hear Tommy Armstrong jr. was voted the MVP for Iowa last night. He sure proved he was on the field.

Swifty
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
As far as today goes, the Spartans need only worry about there own game, and do not have to rely on the outcomes of other games...just sayin grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Mike

I hear Tommy Armstrong jr. was voted the MVP for Iowa last night. He sure proved he was on the field.

That ain't no schit!! With four turnovers, 100+ penalty yards and some of the schittiest play calling I've ever seen, I'm surprised the Huskers only lost by eight.

Mike

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
As far as today goes, the Spartans need only worry about there own game, and do not have to rely on the outcomes of other games...just sayin grin

Absolutely.........they'll be ready. Just hope the game plan is, too.

(My son was with the team when they won the Rose Bowl in '13)

MM

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
cool

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I'm tempted to watch most of the UM/OSU game in case they have more of those fan-scanning, jaws-open moments... cool

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by sse
I'm tempted to watch most of the UM/OSU game in case they have more of those fan-scanning, jaws-open moments... cool

Comedians... mad

grin

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
(And BTW, that third that attempt at a goal line TD when the refs didn't blow the play dead wasn't a TD, either)

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
jeez, 2nd TD...why didn't dufus call a time out

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Very Nice Drive and TD by UM to end the half. 14-10, anybody's ball game. UM ain't done yet. Need to stop the dumb penalties.

Who was the idiot to call two TOs for the Suckeyes in the first 8 minutes of the game??

NRA Life Member
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
i don't want OSU to blow 'em out, or the committee will figure out a way to screw the Spartans out of the play-off

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
It just started. Cook is playing and he just threw his first touchdown.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MSU not really playing well, just getting a lot of breaks.

Playing their usual passive, soft defense & giving up a LOT of yard & now a TD.

They just simply refuse to blitz & drop the LB's back & their front 4 just can't consistently get past 6 blockers & so they give the QB just far too much time & security to find someone & on runs, they just simply give up a lot of yards as they have all year.

Dantonio is simply far to conservative, far too much of the time on game day, even offensively, especially running where, 90% of the plays are between the guards.

MM

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
It just started. Cook is playing and he just threw his first touchdown.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great play by Burbridge for the TD !!!

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rollin' in the 2nd half now, 34-10. Different looking team.

MM

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Good thing Cook is looking healthy...that's major.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, huge.

Good stand inside the 5 after the lapse.

MM

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Really looking forward to MSU and Iowa. One of them gets in the play-offs.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 11/28/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm a strong Iowa fan but have concerns about MSU as I believe they have more talent overall although I'm not an expert enough to know that for certain. Anyway, they are a very well coached team and are consistently good. And they finish games. They seem to always play at a high level whch requires focus.

Iowa does have talent too but mostly under appreciated I think. CJ Beathard, our QB, is heady and can make all the throws plus run the ball. We have four proven backs, tight ends that can catch and run, linebackers that can go sideline to sideline, and a safety that leads the nation in interceptions. But I think the intangible is their focus also, like MSU, and a team chemistry we haven't seen in years.

I'm hoping for a Hawk win obviously, but either way, I hope it's a good game, a close one and well played.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
The commentaters at the game said that whoever shows up with their A game would win. They also said if both teams showed up with their A games, that MSU would probably win... just too much talent.

I was happy to see them pull Cook after they were comfortably ahead. Save him for Saturday.

Last edited by Dick_Wright; 11/29/15.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

219 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 32 invisible), 2,136 guests, and 1,095 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.