Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
No one mentioned it at all..... or probably never even thought of it.....

November 22, 1963.....

Dealy Plaza, Dallas Texas.....

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Um, there were several threads about it a week or 2 ago.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A dark day in history.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
There were shows on tv today, rehashing the shooting.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I wasn't around the TV today at all.. only Media besides the campfire I participated in today was to go to the Movies....

Me and Seafire Jr watched the Peanuts Movie.... heck it was only $3.25 for both of us to get in... Sunday afternoon special....

I admit, I knew today's date was special over something but couldn't think of it, until about 8 PM or so this evening....

so I'm not ribbing the other campfire members too much over this....Old Timers I guess... grin

and I really laughed at the Peanuts movie.....the only other movies playing was that Seth Rogan Abortion and James Bond and me and the son had already seen James Bond... twice already...

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
I remember the day well. Remembered it today.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
JFK ~ ~

RIP ~ ~

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
As I was writing out the check for the church offering yesterday morning it hit me that it was a significant day in history. Then it came to me, that was the day JFK was assassinated. Put a bit of a somber mood the rest of the day.
Paul B

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I see no reason to dwell on it, but I did take the time to post on the "where were you" thread. I guess that it did have a profound effect on some in the generation that were young adults at the time (like I was). Today, it's difficult to remember just what the effect was...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Oswald: 48 hours to live" was pretty good and comprehensive. They chose the Oswald actor well. I saw another show last night that centered around something have tried to share with non gun loving conspiracists and that is the 160 grain 6.5 FMJ carcano bullet and how it might perform at only 2000fps. Basically a flying telephone pole that would easily penetrate two people.

Take two days of shock and craziness in a time where international tensions were at their peak, add Kennedy being shot, Tippets death, finding Oswald, finding the the rifle, Oswald being the nut he was and denying everything and then Ruby shooting him on live tv all within such a short span of time and no wonder conspiracy theories abound.

My take is that Oswald was the lone gunman but might have gotten some training in how to handle interrogations- not unlikey by the Russians, but I don' see much further involvement. I doubted they felt he would or could kill Kennedy as he told them he could.

I think the way the shell casing lay tell the whole story and define the three shot time line very credibly.

Had JFK lived I am sure half those who glorify him would be saying how he nearly got us all killed. I doubt many on this forum would argue the worst thing to come out of it was giving us LBJ as a president.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 61 invisible), 2,382 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,661
Posts18,455,712
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.