Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

2008: HELL YES I did and I stand by it

Funnier than fugk.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave

2008: HELL YES I did and I stand by it

Funnier than fugk.

Travis

Obama promised he would give an executive order to change Nosler's boxes back to the previous design.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
"I STAND BY IT!"

And look at the line of dipschits ready and willing to talk guns with the commie lovin' f-a-g--got.

But hey, he did almost shoot "A WHOLE BOX OF BULLETS" one upon a time.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
LeftyC, which bullet weight ABLR were you shooting? [quote=leftycarbon]Saw the questions on the 7MM AB LR so I will share my experiences.
I used this bullet in my 7MMRem. Since there is plenty of magazine length I throated the lilija barrel so I could seat bullets out quite a bit further. With a stiff charge of H1000 this load just touches 3000 with good accuracy out to 650 and good case life.
I killed three elk and a mule deer. 5x5, 6x6, and a cow. Average size mule deer. Ranges were from 150yards (cow)250 5x5,and 275 6x6. Mule deer was 325.

IMOP this is a very fragile bullet. I recovered one bullet (mule deer) and it was the size of a aspirin....maybe 40 grains.
Could only find jacket and lead in the elk.
The 6x6 was hit in the near shoulder and the bullet disintegrated and the bull took off on 3 legs. Three shots later he was on the ground, but it wasn't pretty. 5x5 was double lunged and went about 50 yards. lungs were soup could not find the bullet. Mule deer near shoulder destroyed and some fragments in the lungs. Took a while to find him but he was down with one shot.
No bullets exited and minimal blood trails. I will only use this bullet on deer. It may bonded but it wont stay together.
As soon as I get pictures out of my phone and camera I will post.

Lefty C

Last edited by Fire Hawk; 11/22/15. Reason: Duplicate post
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Fire Hawk,

I used the 7MM 175 LRAB.

Lefty

IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Lefty,

I was afraid you would say that.

FH

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The PITA where I shoot long range isn't finding somewhere far, it's finding somewhere far where a) there's easy access to the target and b) you aren't shooting from or across a road, which is illegal. For that reason my practice leans heavily towards hitting a 12" plate rather than shooting for groups per se. I can hear the hits. I don't need easy access to the target.

But I was forced to find such a spot with the 168 LRAB's. Damn things group great at 100 but just weren't banging the gong properly at LR.

Found a place I could satisfy a) and arguably b) above and shot at paper a couple days ago. At ~400 yards the LRAB group was so big I didn't bother measuring it. 2.5 MOA-ish. I don't know why. No keyholes.

Google finds at least one other guy reporting something similar, over on the LRHF.

For reference the same rifle shot the 162 AM into .6 MOA at the same distance, same conditions, same session.

Shelving the LRAB's until I have time and energy to start from scratch with them. Lefty's report above certainly doesn't add any urgency to that.

I'm curious if anyone has a notion how a bullet could do great at 100 yds then fall so utterly apart at 400. Gotta be ES and/or stabilization, right? Same powder as the 162's (7828 SSC) and they show no evidence of ES issues.

Back to the 162's... In decent conditions they make my 740 yard gong downright boring.

Travis is looking for his PJ's............ smile

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
LRAB's are the Jeff_O of bullets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sure was a long winded way of saying they shot like absolute dog-schist.

Tanner

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
But they didn't, Tanner. The dang things shoot great at 100. Last time I shot them thus, several of them, plus several 162's into one big hole about .6" across. From the hood of my truck. And that wasn't the first or only time they bugholed @ 100.

Well, it saves me the terminal ballistics concerns. Onward with the 162's. I have a whole bunch of 'em and they come in one hell of a fine box <g>.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But they didn't, Tanner. The dang things shoot great at 100. Last time I shot them thus, several of them, plus several 162's into one big hole about .6" across. From the hood of my truck. And that wasn't the first or only time they bugholed @ 100.

Well, it saves me the terminal ballistics concerns. Onward with the 162's. I have a whole bunch of 'em and they come in one hell of a fine box <g>.

Since when do you need a .6" group to kill an animal at 100 yards? If the bullets won't group when you need them to group (ie longer ranges) they are dogschit, plain and simple.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Agree in principal, but in the name of science, it does interest me as to the "why" the groups went to [bleep] out there a ways.

Actually let me amend that. I don't agree they are a dogshit bullet. That's a very broad statement. If every bullet that failed in a particular rifle + load combo was dogshit we'd have no bullets.

I absolutely do agree that this particular load is useless at long range in my rifle, despite doing very well at 100 yds. First time I've seen that with a high-BC bullet and it got me.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I shoot the 168 lrab in my 7mm Remington mag, using h1000 powder. Loads chrono 3080 in the 26 in barrel. The load holds .75 moa to 700 yards on steel plate.

I've shot 3 whitetail bucks, 2 at a bit over 200, one at 643 yds, no bullets recovered and the bullet damage was adequate. All were one shot kills, other than ribs no major bones hit.

I've also shot a large cow elk at around 230 yards. The bullet struck her right below the onside shoulder breaking the upper bone of the leg, went through heart and lower lungs, and was found under the hide off side. The cow ran about 15 yards and collapsed. Shot placement was off a bit due to a 40 mph crosswind, which was a reason I shot as close as I did. My intent was to try a longer range shot on a cow elk, but the high winds prevented that. Expanded size was .545", weight was 92 grains.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Travis might dig this. Being a diabolical mo'fo, in 2008 I got a couple of Obama bumper stickers at the local retard headquarters. I was working with someone who pretty much worships Ronald Reagan and hates libs. Sooo, I took one of those Obammy bumper stickers and taped it to the back of her ride. Used tape as it was just a joke and I wanted it to come off easy. She noticed it after coming out of her chiro's office. She thought someone in there had done it and went back in and went nuclear on them. They finally convinced her they hadn't done it. She then fumed and thunk on it, and thereafter my phone rang. T'were an icy convo, to be sure.

Did I mention she hates snakes, too? So I ordered couple of fairly decent looking rubber ones and put one on her floorboard. She opened the door and let out a blood-curdling yell. :-)

She moved to Cali, but wants me to come see her. If I do, I'll be taking a Hillary sticker.

Last edited by DELGUE; 02/28/16.

Exquisitely turdlike in all of his many manifestations!!

Resist much - obey little. Hayduke lives!

"30-06 guys don't worry about schit 'cause 30-06 guys don't worry....." 16bore

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
107 members (160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 15 invisible), 1,723 guests, and 767 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.