Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
what would some recommendations be including mount for a light system for a ar15a4 and a lazer for same?

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
not sure you want a laser, but any of the steamlight or surfire lights are good. How about a TLR-1HL at Amazon for just over a hundred bucks...

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Or you can get both in on.

Surefire 400

or a Streamlight TLR-2

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'll second the Streamlight TLR-1 or Surefire (weapon light for flashlight) suggestion. I have both and they are great.

Never really needed a laser.

Last edited by wareagle700; 11/20/15.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Streamlight TLR-1HPL for distance and wide angle close up stuff. If you want a laser go with the TLR-2HL but I've never seen a use for a laser on a handgun let alone a rifle.

IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
while you say there is no use for a laser, one can use a laser. Its one of quite a few different ways to aim a weapon.

The need is not a need, as much as a want, its a need because you have to have SOME form of aiming...

A laser works REALLY good on my 22 with a suppressor in the yard at night with whatever Tiger trees or corners... go out, grab the gun, when the dot hits the armadillo etc.. pfft...

No need to align sights, make sure there is good light on the target to see the irons etc...

Its all in what both your demands and desires/wants are

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
My night yard gun is light/laser.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
If you
Originally Posted by wareagle700

Never really needed a laser.

Put the laser on the target and folks get downright negotiable.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No need for a laser, you'll never encounter bad guys in low light conditions...

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If you do put a laser on a weapon I would recommend making sure it's either on top or bottom of the gun. When it's to the side then you have to compensate for both elevation and windage, if it's above or below you just need to compensate for elevation.

If you want real fun put a Crimson Trace on a handgun. No you get to compensate for windage, elevation, and off set because the laser is lower, right and offset from the bore. Thankfully for a defense gun it's not really an issue at the ranges you shoot them.

IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by reelman
Streamlight TLR-1HPL for distance and wide angle close up stuff. If you want a laser go with the TLR-2HL but I've never seen a use for a laser on a handgun let alone a rifle.

You will after your governor takes the half of of the Syrian refugees Chickenlooper doesn't takes.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R
I was talking to a marine corp friend, one for the light and i have this probably misspelled was a MKE1a, and a lazer i think the PQ15. The problem is twofold on that lazer is very hight intensity, restricted to military and law enforcement and expensive.
About a year ago, i stuck a gifted to me surefire on a glock 20. Been on there ever since. Mostly used when i have to light up the night sky which it really does a job of. I have hesitancy of these toys in a way, as i was always taught to hold a flashlight away from the body to avoid being a target.
I knew a deputy that got shot by holding a flashlight too close. But, these are really bright and i don't think you would want to look at one of them.
The lazer in combination with light are for really black nights up in the forest north of here. It's really black. It would seem to be a quick and instinctive aid in those situations.
I don't worry so much about the syrian issue as much as a normal one here, called narcos and cartels. I kind of like that control on the pistol light, just touch it for on/off or you can leave it on.
I am going to look the suggestions up, thank you.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The PQ15 is way more than required for civilians. You do not need to "light up" a target for incoming F16s nor do most people use night vision to justify the $1500+ price tag. Add to it the lasers on it are not eye safe! I used to sell these to law enforcement and even for police I think they would be as well served with a Streamlight or Surefire.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Stinger types, like scorpion X I think we use now, LED bulb, lights up my deer feeder at 186 yards at night enough to see anything there. Battery life is long.

Use it for trailing deer a few times, 3-4 hours and its still good for anotehr go around.

39 bucks or so.

Not many ways to go wrong there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by reelman

You will after your governor takes the half of of the Syrian refugees Chickenlooper doesn't takes.
His governor, Scott Walker, is on record opposing taking any.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
the president is on record for saying he will force the states to take them, he is also on record deporting Christians refugees and accepting moslim refugees, does anyone have any proof that Allah is not another name for Beelzebul?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

678 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 160user, 67 invisible), 3,461 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,271
Posts18,467,426
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.