-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My "little girl" has decided she would like to upgrade her summer carry/deep concealment handgun from a Glock 42 .380 to a 9MM. (same cal. as her Sig winter carry pistol)

She has shot my Glock 43 and wants to shoot the Beretta Nano to compare before buying.

We can rent one at a local range to try out, but would like feedback from those who have experience with one.
Thanks!

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 11/25/15.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It points goofy for me. I always have to tilt the front of the gun up. That may not be a problem for you.

One "feature" that some do not like is the absence of a slide stop lever. While the slide will lock back after the last shot if there is a magazine in the gun, the shooter has to use the sling shot method to release the slide after a reload. This also precludes getting the slide to lock back with no magazine in the gun.

I find that the gun is top heavy. For pocket carry, I find that the top tries to roll forward. This may not be an issue if the gun will not be carried in a pocket.

The trigger pull is more like a revolver.

My wife did not like the Nano. She loves the Glock 43.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks!

I will pass this along to my Daughter!

Virgil B.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
My "little girl" has decided she would like to upgrade her summer carry/deep concealment handgun from a Glock 42 .380 to a 9MM. (same cal. as her Sig winter carry pistol)

She has shot my Glock 43 and wants to shoot the Beretta Nano to compare before buying.

We can rent one at a local range to try out, but would like feedback from those who have experience with one.
Thanks!

Virgil B.

Only played with the displays at the SHOT show and media day at the range so I'm not necessarily "experienced", but….
…..there's an old joke about a camel being a horse designed by a committee……it seems like that applies to the Nano (although kudos to Beretta for coming up with a Mork and Mindy tribute name)…...the Nano seems like a desperate attempt by Beretta to remain relevant in the handgun market once they lose the Gov't. contract on the 92……shooting one would be the best alternative, it could be that your daughter will love it…….on the other hand, for a person really into handguns, it seems to be neither fish nor fowl……just a subjective opinion.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

When they first came out I shot a buddy's and found the weighting of the gun to be odd, as has been mentioned above.

The bore axis is very high in comparison to the grip, higher than any gun I have shot, and it takes a while to get accustomed to. Trigger pull was also long and firm much like a striker fired pistol with those poor characteristics.

I thought I heard that Beretta has come out now with a similar but different option. Might want to see.

I decided to pass on one, although that wasn't a target use for me.

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Redhill
...found the weighting of the gun to be odd...The bore axis is very high in comparison to the grip, higher than any gun I have shot....

high bore axis---yes……….the gun struck me as a patrician Hi-Point.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
My little girl decided to go with the Glock 43, and put one on layaway.

She got the new one with factory night sights.

Thanks for the feedback on the Beretta.

Virgil B.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My little girl decided to go with the Glock 43, and put one on layaway.

She got the new one with factory night sights.

Thanks for the feedback on the Beretta.

Virgil B.

The logical choice since she had previously carried the 42.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Good choice!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by gmoats
Originally Posted by Redhill
...found the weighting of the gun to be odd...The bore axis is very high in comparison to the grip, higher than any gun I have shot....

high bore axis---yes……….the gun struck me as a patrician Hi-Point.

Ouch. That was mean, good, but mean. I like it.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Thanks!

Virgil B.
I've handled the Nano, and it doesn't hold a candle to the Ruger LC9s Pro, which I picked up last night, and shot for the first time this afternoon. In fact, I went to the store to pick up a Nano. Wasn't at all impressed with the feel of it or the trigger. Then I handled the LC9s Pro and was immediately sold.

So far, flawless function. Fifty rounds of ball, and twenty-five of Gold Dot.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The nano does have some weird geometry but if I bring the gun up to a natural shooting position with my eyes closed then open them the sights are lined up. I can't do that with a Glock the front sight has always been high for me.
Erich

At some point my hobbies became my life.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1OntarioJim, 1234, 11point, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 73 invisible), 2,999 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,674
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.