Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I enjoy this site very much, but it has really become a PITA to post on.
And it's not my computer !!

Then splain why it works fine on mine. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by jbmi
This is the worst site of all the ones I watch.
Really long load times. When I try to respond I can type a full line before it show's up.
This software program is old, it's been around as long as I've been posting here. Most sites have upgraded, don't know about here.

Have you downloaded Ghostery and Ad Blocker? Fixed all my issues.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
they fixed mine too, until yesterday, and the process broke down, as my computer was invaded by whatever process or pirate.

as important as hunting & fishing is to the economy of the world, why in the world don't we have the latest state-of-the-art technology to protect and advance such an important contributor to our economy.

it defies understanding. like obama care, the process is out of control with various groups profiting at the expense of the majority.

profits are good, but excessive profits at the cost of poor service causes one to raise their eyebrows as to what is going on, exactly.

u-verse is my current carrier. it's not perfect, but they do try to provide service for a competitive fee. every site on the internet has to compete for viewers, and contributors, given the subject matter at hand.

i like the hook & bullet crowd, because i are one. but at some point, we have to be supported, or we will have to back away, and find a new port in case of a storm. ya know?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Gus. you truly sound like you're having a bad day. Do they occur fairly frequently in your world?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Gus. you truly sound like you're hav
ing a bad day. Do they occur fairly frequently in your world?

thanks for the response. from your handle it sounds like you might know about coons in south louisiana?

i love this site. my post count kinda, sorta corrobalates that comment.

but, why do i have to fight to get here on this site? pray tell?

with all the advertising i see popping up, is the advertising that keeps popping up, is/are the rates being set too low?

in other words, why doesn't this site run like greased lightening? i mean, in the post-modern era, speed is nearly everything isn't it?

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Gus
Gus. you truly sound like you're hav
ing a bad day. Do they occur fairly frequently in your world?

thanks for the response. from your handle it sounds like you might know about coons in south louisiana?

i love this site. my post count kinda, sorta corrobalates that comment.

with all the advertising i see popping up, is the advertising that keeps popping up, is/are the rates being set too low?

in other words, why doesn't this site run like greased lightening? i mean, in the post-modern era, speed is nearly everything isn't it?

gus, its obvious that you're challenged in a lot of ways about a lot of things including where I'm from, etc. How many decades has it taken for you to get your post count to where it is? It doesn't appear that you've learned a lot on the journey.

Firefox plus Ad Block. Try it unless you know a better way to simplify your life.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
got3 firefox warnings about this site in a week.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by srwshooter

Sheesh. Put Ad Blocker with it and you'll be fine. No more computer crabs.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This place always gives issues, and has for years. My iPad and iPhone haven't been too bad since the latest update but it still has issues.

This place is free But it would be nice to have it reliably work every time.

Talking to you is like trying to nail jello to the wall.

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G

i have no clue if you read many past posts, but i've stated i have adblocker plus, and ghostery. i'm on chrome, since IE won't allow me to open this site page AT ALL.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus
[quote=BayouRover]

Why do so many of us not have to?
I use a basic PC with Firefox and Ad blocker and have my 'puter cleaned every three months and seldom have a problem.
If the board was the problem mine wouldn't work either.
Rick can't fix your equipment.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Gus

i have no clue if you read many past posts, but i've stated i have adblocker plus, and ghostery. i'm on chrome, since IE won't allow me to open this site page AT ALL.

Gus. Can't you take a hint? Hint.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There are zero (0) ads on this site.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
For what it's worth, I'm using Linux Mint 17.2 and Firefox 42.0 for Linux Mint. I have NoScript, Adblocker Plus, and Abine's Blur (formerly DoNotTrackMe) installed. My connection is over a Hide My Ass (as in donkey) VPN with encryption and tunnelling. The Fire works perfectly, and faster than a blink. This is the machine I'm using now.

It also works on my Windows XP and 7 machines, all using various Firefox editions, with the same add-ons. Although with Windows I use CCleaner to purge Internet cache and other unsightly build-up. Some XP and 7 machines use Anonymizer and/or Hide My Ass for VPN services alternatively, and Webroot Secure Anywhere for anti-virus, anti-malware real time protection.

I have to use Adblocker Plus, because I just can't read a page with blinking, scrolling ads that distract my eyes, messes up my sense of balance.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Gus is being put in "time out". He's been a bad boy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you are using IE, it certainly IS on the fritz

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Gus

Maybe try this since you apparently have to run Google Chrome.

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/8091?hl=en

I don't use IE but its on both of my computers, and I can open and view this web site with IE. Wish I knew what I'm doing wrong.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
Originally Posted by jbmi
This is the worst site of all the ones I watch.
Really long load times. When I try to respond I can type a full line before it show's up.

+1,000, This is the ONLY website that I consistently have problems with and when I "Log In" it gets even worse!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
It most definitively has problems, at least on Windows based computers. I've tried Firefox, Google Chrome and IE and lately I get a constant flag about security certificates, or even weirder, the screen changes format and color and when you attempt to post I get a 404 Forbidden access error code. Now no issues with a Mac though

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Windows7, Firefox, and Ghostery here.

No problems....

Sympathy to those having problems, I know how frustrating it is.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (10gaugeman, 240NMC, 270winchester, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 257_X_50, 61 invisible), 2,329 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,648
Posts18,455,427
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.