Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
anyone that says anything but helly hanson basically, has never been in real, extended rain..

We run impertech mostly... but will be getting HH soon, for those really bad rainy seasons.

I"ll never on purpose pay for goretex again as rain gear. Total joke,

The spray on treatments are the same. Total joke.

Both of these became jokes in AK on us. NOt in other places.

I carry others like LAS says, even frog togg, for some light rain issues, but if its wet and extended, HH that i"ve worn is the ONLY stuff that keeps the rain out. And does a dman fine job of keeping the sweat in.. LOL

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

We run impertech mostly... but will be getting HH soon, for those really bad rainy seasons.

Impertech is HH, and it is great for spring or fall temps and wet work/weather.

O
O
After ten straight days of rain on a northern canoe trip a couple years ago, I went on a mission to buy the best raingear I could find, no matter what the price.

Ended up with a waterfowling parka and bibs made by Sitka, called "Pantanal". The price tag was breathtaking, but it's been worth it. Very well thought-out, the pocket designs, the way the hood moves with your head, the elastic cuffs, everything. And the outfit has kept me dry in some heavy downpours. My wife makes fun of me because when a thunderstorm breaks, I put it on and rush outside, just to enjoy the storm and the sensation of being dry in it. I even stood under a waterfall once to test it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For me its not so much how dry you are but how fast you can dry out and get back to hunting that matters the most for me. I wear the Cabela's Whitetail extreme M50 shells for snow/ice and high mountain stuff but HH and the lightweight "Gamehide" for most everything else.

We hunt hard all day and getting dried out and warm has just become part of it.

"A .358 Norma Mag is not for everyone but then again Bear hunting isn't either."

Unknown Bear guide on the Kodiak coast
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Camp Dry

Spray your rain gear that failed you

Hang it outside to dry and air out

$6 a can

It works on everything

I even spray my Carhart chore clothes

Good advice, I do this as well.

"A .358 Norma Mag is not for everyone but then again Bear hunting isn't either."

Unknown Bear guide on the Kodiak coast
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I took a set of Helly Hansen Imperitech on a moose hunt in Newfoundland last year. Day 1 was the worst weather I have ever been in. 5" of rain and 60 mph wind all day but I stayed dry when ever we out in it. My only gripe is that it seems to make a little noise. Kind of like something rubber stretching. I like it though. (The rain gear, not the weird noise).

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
frogg toggs noisy junk that will tear

Agreed. That, and the 1st time I wore them on a spring bear hunt I got about 10 steps from the truck and started sweating. I tore the bibs that day and threw them away, pretty sure I gave away the top so as to not be tempted to endure it again.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Best is Simms...spendy but the absolute best and made in Montana

-Joe-

The "Anti-Tactical"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Filson Tinware. A little stiff but when it's broken in it is tops.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 68 invisible), 2,363 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,654
Posts18,455,554
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.