Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
V
Vmaxed Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
I am putting together a 6x45 on a 700 SA with the sole intent of running 105's in it. I have been looking a bit and seems that not many are doing this. Understandably, there are better 6mm cartridges out there, but this one intrigues me for several reasons. Just thinking at this point and wondering if I should consider a custom reamer for the 105's. For what I am doing with the rifle, it will never see a lighter bullet.

GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They are going to crawl out of the barrel and fall down abruptly thereafter, but if you must... You definitely need a special throat.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ClancyFromTexas
They are going to crawl out of the barrel and fall down abruptly thereafter, but if you must... You definitely need a special throat.

Kchuntsy,

You are talking out your fhuqking ass.

Hint.

But then again,what in THE fhuqk can a Clueless Fhuqking Texan do,besides guess and Whine?!?

Bless your heart.

Just moments ago got done with The Maiden Voyage upon THE Babiest Montucky.

[Linked Image]

6x45 1-8" Bart' duped in OEM contour,crowned at 18.5",kissin' 105 A-Max at 2.475",R/P hulls,400's,AA-2495 and 2500fps. DD's wearing 20MOA ala PosiLign(10MOA fore and aft) and another 50 MOA in the rear base,for 40+ Mils of erector travel,plus the 10 Mils on the windshield. Google it all Dumbfhuqk.

Laughing!

It's a miserly sub 28.5 Mil correction to the 1500yd line. Look for it to start gettin' famous in the morning.

Hint.

Now "tell" me more about rifles and especially them "fancy" throats you "know" all about...you AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Good talk.

Laughing!............................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
You just got called a stupid Texan by this guy.

[Linked Image]

I'm gonna pee it so funny. That lazy eye is priceless.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
SUGAR TITS That 5#6oz turd looks like a new born baby giraffe with that 21oz scope eclipsing it.
Good talk you can spend the next ten days trying to convince me you got something figured out that no one else knows.

Last edited by fredIII; 11/25/15.
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]

Little Stump,

Guess I've learned nothing in a decade of shooting the 6x45.

Take care up there partner. Don't forget to put a heat pad under that jar you keep your nuts in. Wouldn't want to lose them again.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Stick, glad to see you got the little 6 up and running and really cool you got to 2500.

Did you get to run '335 or just start with 2495?

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Run the dope on a .5 BC at 2500.

Then realize it got there with 25'ish grains of powder and no recoil. That's a lot to like.

- Greg

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
fredrica,

Always a hoot...when you "Regalia" yourself! Laughing!

Bummer that you cain't afford a Montucky,let alone have one rebarreled,nor have ever seen a 1-8" 6x45...let alone shot same with a 105 of any flavor. Tell me about the 6x MQ too. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

You best stick to banjos.

[Linked Image]

Here's to you doing your best,with what incredibly fhuqking little you have to work with. At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "contribute". Laughing!

Bless your heart.......................

Kchuntsy,

Oh my...you REALLY get after it! Laughing!

DO "tell" what a Clueless Fhuqking Texan can "learn" about a 6x45 in a whole decade of trying her best?!? I ASSURE you,it will be funnier than fhuqk!

Be certain to start with them "fancy" throat "particulars" and then extrapolate it to that piece of fhuqking schit in the picture's COAL "latitude". Go ahead and muse 105's in corroboration. Laughing!

Cheer up,I've never seen a .378" CZ or 4.5-14x Reupold.

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Fhuqking WOW +P++!.....................

'W,

Was in a hurry and was extrapolating burnrate and load density,so flunged '2495 as an opening move. Have had a [bleep] hunch all along,that Lever' is gonna yet again steal the show.

Will R&D a pile of different propellants,if only for conversation and will have amassed 56,794 years worth of Texas "knowledge"...by noon today.

Hint.....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
V
Vmaxed Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V

Seems like BS results are in line with what I am trying to accomplish. As I said , there are a bunch more cartridges than can "do it better", but I don't see anything there I would scrap the project.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Vmaxed
I am putting together a 6x45 on a 700 SA with the sole intent of running 105's in it. I have been looking a bit and seems that not many are doing this.

I've been running the 6X47 (6mm-222RM) in a Savage for several years now, my current twist is too slow for 105's but I've had the same thoughts lately. 8 twist barrel, throat for the 105 A-Max at 2.30 COAL open up the mag box a little and chase to 2.50-2.60" before I need to change the barrel again.

I'm thinking I can get closer to 2600+ fps but I'll be running a 20-22" barrel. While I have no doubts the A-Max is a better bullet I'm also very interested in the new 95 grain Sierra TMK bullet with its matching .500 BC. It's a little shorter than the max at 1.665" IIRC, and should work great from PD's to yotes and I can always fall back to the A-Max for deer and pronghorn.

I currently use the 70 grain NBT on everything but the TMK and A-Max will keep me above 1000 ft-lbs of energy to over 300 yards. The NBT is barely capable of that kind of energy at 100 yards, and due to CO's hunting regs I need 1000 ft-lbs at 100 yards from a 70 grain bullet for deer, pronghorn, or bear from a 6mm or larger caliber to be legal. The .243 is the simplest way to get there, but I enjoy shooting my X47 way more than any other big game or varmint rifle I own.

I'm very interested in what BS produces with Lever powder, though according to Quick Load there are several powders that'll get me to and beyond the 2500 fps he wants. Lever wasn't one of them, but QL doesn't think outside the box. I do think this 105 pursuit is a very worthwhile one.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sugar tits you ever compare cost between a re-barreled "montucky" and the re-re-barreled stiller predator sitting next to him. You talking affordables whist sporting phuqcking duct taped furniture and posting from your computer room/kitchen/goat phuqcking room, you are doing grate.

Legendary phuqcking wow....

A montucky being the peak of your affordability is priceless, and to top them all with a grate value is a phuqcking riot. LMFAO

You fat phuqcks really get after it. Good talk...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Now your saving pics of me (SUGAR TITS)I'm flattered. I'm sure my collection of stiller actions will never amount to a montucky. Nine more tries then back to rumpranger camp. You are right I have no use for a 6 with 105 but being a bottom feeder I'm sure you have a soft spot Let's see some of those 1500yard groups. Laffing you are priceless. RND even better.

X That don't fit the platform are never bargains. A 4x Leupold with a CDS would take that turd past it's killing range with a zero stop on the first twist. Plus tip the scale at under 12oz.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'maxed,

AA-2495 did purty nice thangs,but as per it's usual...'335 knocked it out of the Park.

24.6grs '335,Bulk O/F R/P no-prep brass(VLD deburred mouths is all),2.470" 105A-Max Square Smooch,400's,MPAJ/Ruck and (3) trios in succession were mid-3's as a "worst" case scenario. The best was in the tidy .2's and a K-Hornet casehead covered it up.

Could prolly make more velocity,but am happy with load density,ES and Agg sizing,as well as LR vertical. No flies on the 18.5" spout's mettle.

[Linked Image]

Passed 7 Bucks today and #8 fhuqking used me in a semi-frozen seeping Swamp. He'll make the morning's radar and would be a fitting first Victim.

Film at 11:00.....................

taylor',

2600fps would be far from "surprising" to me,but I'm diggin' The Pocket Rocket Theme.

I rather like the 105A-Max at 6BR-ish velocity thresholds(amongst other chamberings) and have implicit faith in it's reliability.

20" 1-8" Brux Montucky no-turn 6BR and a one & done 105 A-Max through both shoulders,with an exit. 200yds+ this Spring.

[Linked Image]

You might be onto sumptin'........................(grin)

heavysquawker,

Didjer Silent Dog Rape Whistle go off and send you scampering to the "rescue",as you feverishly chase scraps?!? Laughing!

fredrica musta paid extra for the RAT version of Jerry's receiver,as it is a Dink "smasher". Laughing!

You'd need a co-signer for my lens caps. Cheer up,Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Congratulations?

Bless your heart.................

fredrica,

Here's a hint. I've 5000++++ pics saved online and it is fhuqking HILARIOUS,that your Dinkly "pursuits" fuel your Imagination and it's Pretend enough,to conjure the fhuqking DELUSION that anyone is "saving" such things. You just might wanna peek EXIF,to get your story straight,as you pilfering fhuqks are THE Pixel Pirates. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise" that you've never seen a 6x MQ,1-8" 6x45...let alone shot one. At least Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "contribute". You "lucky" bitch. Laughing!

Looking forward to your next Whine,more Excuses and the fascinating recounting of all the things you almost did,the wares you nearly used and the places you nearly went.

You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking hoot! When are you two gonna go halfsies on a camera?!?

They look like this.

[Linked Image]

And grow on trees.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..................

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Sugar tits 8 more try's to not look like a sad little punkazz. I waisted all my money on toys for my kids and a nice house for my wife guess you have it all figured out.
Those are nice (normal size) cameras they make you look a lot bigger than you really are but wow nice.

Good talk happy thanks giving azzhole

Last edited by fredIII; 11/26/15.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Sugar tits that is a really good photo of that one time when you weren't a fat phuqck. Good talk.

V
Vmaxed Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
V
Originally Posted by Big Stick
'maxed,

AA-2495 did purty nice thangs,but as per it's usual...'335 knocked it out of the Park.

24.6grs '335,Bulk O/F R/P no-prep brass(VLD deburred mouths is all),2.470" 105A-Max Square Smooch,400's,MPAJ/Ruck and (3) trios in succession were mid-3's as a "worst" case scenario. The best was in the tidy .2's and a K-Hornet casehead covered it up.

So did you get a chance to try the Leverevolution?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
105 AMax on sale at Midway. Might be good time to spend a few hundred...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any of you feeding a 6x45 with the 105Amax out of a standard Rem 700 BDL magazine? Or do they require a longer OAL?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Stick, what's your MV with that '335 load?

- Greg

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,497 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.