24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Maybe San Fran should just ban Federal Officers? The gun control we evidently need, is to take all guns from Feds.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-francisco-area-murder.html?intcmp=hpbt2

The fatal shooting of an Oakland muralist marks the second time in roughly two months that a gun stolen from a federal official allegedly was used in a San Francisco-area murder.

A local CBS TV station reported Tuesday that the gun allegedly used to kill muralist Antonio Ramos on Sept. 29 was stolen 16 days earlier from an Immigration and Customs Enforcement official.

ICE has acknowledged the theft but has neither confirmed nor denied whether that gun was used to kill Ramos, 27, while he was working on a peace mural beneath an overpass.

“A duty weapon belonging to an officer with U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Operations was stolen Sept. 13 in San Francisco from a vehicle being used by the officer,” the agency said in a statement. “The theft was properly reported to local authorities and through official federal channels.”

The agency told FoxNews.com on Wednesday that it has no new information and that the incident remains under investigation.

Ramos was killed about 11 weeks after Kate Steinle, 32, was fatally shot along San Francisco’s Pier 14, allegedly by an illegal immigrant from Mexico.

That gun reportedly was stolen from a Bureau of Land Management ranger’s vehicle while he was on official government travel; the theft was immediately reported to authorities, the bureau said at the time.

Francisco Sanchez, who said he found the weapon wrapped in a T-shirt under a bench, was later charged with murder. The killing sparked nationwide attention because Sanchez had been recently released from jail, where he was being held on a drug charge, despite federal authorities asking that he be detained for deportation proceedings. Sanchez already had been deported several times and had multiple felony convictions, and his release by the San Francisco County Sheriff’s Office reignited the debate about San Francisco and other so-called “sanctuary cities.”

In the Ramos killing, the TV station reports that a law enforcement source made the connection between the stolen gun and Ramos’s death.

Police last week arrested Marquise Holloway, 20, in connection with the killing and with second-degree robbery.

Oakland homicide detective Lt. Roland Holmgren said the incident started when Ramos, 27, was taking a break from painting and snapping pictures of his mural.

Holloway then allegedly walked by and began eyeing Ramos’s camera equipment, which led to an altercation and the fatal shooting.

Holloway is known to hang around the same neighborhood of west Oakland where Ramos was killed and is also believed to be responsible for a string of robberies in the area, Holmgren also said.

Sam......

BP-B2

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
They otto make a law against that

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Be careful about blaming a guy for a crime committed with his stolen gun. Why not blame the actual criminal?

LOL
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
An Oakland Muralist? I might have used the term "Tagger" but my wife says I lack empathy.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by lvmiker
An Oakland Muralist? I might have used the term "Tagger" but my wife says I lack empathy.

mike r

gang member marking his territory.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

mike r

You're not alone, I would have used the same terminology but then again I'm told by the women in the house that I can be "insensitive" at times. wink

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Be careful about blaming a guy for a crime committed with his stolen gun. Why not blame the actual criminal?

well chit, can't we blame them both? I mean the Federal Government with it's Fast and Furious scheme, and with it's careless officers, are the criminals choice for firearms procurement.

Sam......

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 12344mag

mike r

You're not alone, I would have used the same terminology but then again I'm told by the women in the house that I can be "insensitive" at times. wink

I've NEVER been accused of being "sensitive"
The quickest way to offend me is said to involve a baseball bat, or good sized club.

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag

mike r

I thought I was the only one who was being criticized by my wife and one of my D in L's about being too blunt and insensitive. grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Makes sense to me seeing as how Gil Kerlikowski had a hard time himself with not having his service weapon lost or stolen.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have it on good authority that criminals buy their guns using the 'gun show loophole'.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Personally I wouldn't say muralist or tagger.....I was taught that defacing property was called vandalism....thus he was a vandal or simply criminal. Take your choice.

I hate change, it's never for the better.... Grumpy Old Men
The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TexasRick
Personally I wouldn't say muralist or tagger.....I was taught that defacing property was called vandalism....thus he was a vandal or simply criminal. Take your choice.

I've spoken of this before on here.
Please suffer me once again. I enjoy this.

Kid bro is having some construction and remodeling done, see.
There's a big smelly dumpster out in his yard.
I stop over for a visit and to tip a few and I notice this funky grafitto on the dumpster.

"Wtf is that supposed to represent?" I asks.

"mexican gang tag."

"Wtf is tag? I live out in the sticks."

He explained it all.
I shook my head and spit on the ground.

He went inside to grab a couple more cold ones and I went to the truck for a wide black magic marker.

I figure, if your gonna vandalize someone's property, make a statement that's worth the crime.

Bro came back out and seen what I done and busted a gut laughing.

I drew a big arrow pointing at the "tag" and wrote,
"TRANSLATION: I'm a HOMO!"

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If he is being called a muralist, perhaps he was working legally.

I don't know if you are aware that some cities condone artwork on certain structures. In Chicago these are often specifically permitted with certain neighborhood themes on the walls of railroad overpasses. Also there is an industrial area with concrete-walled railroad embankments for over half a mile and each panel of the concrete - maybe 15 feet square - is another mural. Some are mundane, some political, the talent level varies but there are many interesting works and some are phenomenal. That's what I thought of when I read 'muralist'.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
651 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 12308300, 56 invisible), 3,141 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,741
Posts18,401,179
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.