Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by model70man
Is Dan Cooper still involved with the company?

Duh!

Wonder if you own any hunting/sporting products that were manufactured in Germany,Austria, Italy, Japan, Korea, China.

Ever use any plastics or petroleum products refined with Saudi crude. Oh yeah, remind me how many of the hi-jackers on 9/11 were Saudi's.

I'd venture to say that folks from the countries listed above have been responsible for the death of many more of your fellow Americans than ol' Dan Cooper.

Or, one could always buy a used Cooper. That way you're contributing to another American business or sportsman and not financially supporting Cooper Arms.

But no, Dan Cooper is not associated with the folks at Cooper Arms and has not been since he was forced out circa Obama's emaculation.

Please don't buy any Cooper's.........

[Linked Image]

as that will leave

[Linked Image]

that many more for me. LOL

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just Sayin'

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good words and nice pics !!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RGK
I'm loving mine. Custom Classic, .30-06.
Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beautiful rifle!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by EricM
Originally Posted by RGK
I'm loving mine. Custom Classic, .30-06.
Bob

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Beautiful rifle!

+1

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by BayouRover
Dan Cooper has been gone from the company since not too long after his Obama donation at the request of the company Board of Directors. For the still wary non-believers, his removal did not involve smoke and mirrors. He's gone.

Today Cooper is owned by the Wilson Barrel people who have, for the most part, supplied Cooper barrels for years.

And Cooper rifles are like Ripple Chips. Betcha' can't own just one.

Good to hear that. Even better to hear that Wilson supplies barrels to Cooper. I have always felt that Wilson got a bad rap. I figured they made them to Ruger's spec and maybe Ruger didn't have a good enough spec on final interior barrel finish.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by geedubya

Duh!

Wonder if you own any hunting/sporting products that were manufactured in Germany,Austria, Italy, Japan, Korea, China.

Ever use any plastics or petroleum products refined with Saudi crude. Oh yeah, remind me how many of the hi-jackers on 9/11 were Saudi's.

I'd venture to say that folks from the countries listed above have been responsible for the death of many more of your fellow Americans than ol' Dan Cooper.

Or, one could always buy a used Cooper. That way you're contributing to another American business or sportsman and not financially supporting Cooper Arms.

But no, Dan Cooper is not associated with the folks at Cooper Arms and has not been since he was forced out circa Obama's emaculation.

[Linked Image]

as that will leave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just Sayin'

GWB

WTF are you talking about MORON? F you! I was just asking a simple question and don't need a smart assed answer from a prick like you boy!

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Wow!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by geedubya

Duh!

[Linked Image]

as that will leave

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Just Sayin'

GWB

I'm guessing your wife shoved 5 pounds of stuffing up the wrong ass today.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I ordered a Cooper Phoenix Model 22 in 6.5x284 back in 2007. Ordered it with a fluted barrel and a few other items at $1,767.22. Thought it might make a long range varmint rifle at the minimum. Besides, I just survived having my spinal cord operated on, and I was bored and wanted something to celebrate being above ground. Well it turned out that while the rifle was well made, it never lived up to my expectations. For one thing, I picked the wrong cartridge to experiment with, just too impractical. Next, I discovered that while a great hunting trigger, the Cooper trigger is not to my liking, having been spoiled by Jewel Triggers on the Remington 700's and 40-X, and Target AccuTriggers on the Savage Precision Target Actions. I changed the trigger for a JARD and tried the various spring exchanges until I found one that worked for me. Then I spent many range sessions trying to develop a load, but nothing came close to beating my homemade Savage or Remington varmint rifles, or even the custom AR's.

So after trying Lapua, Nosler and reformed Winchester brass, and numerous bullets and powder combinations, I came to the conclusion that the barrel wasn't all that great. I stashed everything away, placed the Cooper in the safe where it sits today. I decided that the Cooper is a fine semi-custom rifle, offering great to spectacular wood, and many attractive features, if what you are looking for is an accurate hunting rifle. For me, it is just a nice bolt action rifle, but nothing special. I thought about sending it out and having it rebarreled with a Pac-Nor polygonal rifled barrel in .22-250 Remington, or maybe a .308 Winchester, or maybe something in between, but I really don't need another. So it will just sit in the safe, waiting for the day when things get sold off before I croak. At my age, I finally learned that experience dulls the excitement of new stuff, because stuff is always that, just stuff, and expectations are the stuff of optimists. Then again maybe I'm just too picky.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1936M71, 10gaugemag, 160user, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 10ring1, 49 invisible), 2,279 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,552
Posts18,453,601
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.