Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
What is an "Illuminati"?

What is the 6x fuss? Isn't that too much magnification for use in cover and on moving targets?

Thanks for your expertise,the depth of insight,understanding,results and experience on this Board,is rather impressive.

Glass is so confusing..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
I'm taking the under..... laugh

[Linked Image]

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That's so cool. I tought my dog to sit and shake and your daughter can hunt with a falcon....I guess that's a falcon? I'm not too learned up on different birds but do appreciate what y'all do. Very cool.

Last edited by Kaleb; 11/27/15. Reason: Spelling

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
I'll bite laugh .

Well BS, it sounds like you're possibly from Texas, First Things First, start out with a good weapons system....
[Linked Image]
Then add a scope that's sure to impress...
[Linked Image]
And GET SOME! Hope this helps...
[Linked Image]

Last edited by MtnBoomer; 11/27/15. Reason: Oh, to get he real scoop, you may want to visit http://www.chuckhawks.com/

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Big Stick
What is an "Illuminati"?

What is the 6x fuss? Isn't that too much magnification for use in cover and on moving targets?

Thanks for your expertise,the depth of insight,understanding,results and experience on this Board,is rather impressive.

Glass is so confusing..................

Illuminati is the I- Talion scope from Masserati.

The 6XX means it move the barell up 6 feet per turn for your long rnge shooting sitations.

It fetures High noon daylight infused into the retucle. With starlight as a backer to the Malrads crosshair systum.

Retucle is too brite to be used during sunny days especially near the equater.

South of the 38.4 th parallel they recomment using it during lowlight cunditions.

I've been meening to ordur another won for my savageikka.

I understund that a bluck fridy special from SWWFFAA it even cums wid dose 32 degree rings for more supprt on the fire mounting system.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Stick what rings are you using with the illuminati on the M&P pic dangled previously? Have a couple en route that will go atop AR's and only have experience with swfa's SSALT mount so far...

Thanks

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
The real conundrum is, with Black Friday sales and all, does one choose three clicks to the inch, or four.

The horror of decision making, it's almost as if one had been asked to calculte pi to the last decimal.

Seriously, I am liking the looks of that new 10X moa/moa. I hope the little brown truck can make it in through the mud.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
'Lefty,

I'm taking it all................(grin)

'Boomer,

It would be cool,to get that close...............

[Linked Image]

Power',

Thanks for the splainin'.

If I can get permission,I will order one.....................

'fiable,

Burris extry high Extreme Tac's. While not being Badger Max 50's...I'll take 'em over the JipJap Quickaloo FlipFlop schit currently in vogue.

[Linked Image]

Marty 50's/BHW MK12 SPR spout and 10x MQ..................

[Linked Image]

'Shooter,

Mil/Mil is more tactile,MOA erectors being far more mushy....whether 6,10,12 or 16x. Hint.

The Illuminati being the most positive of the litter.

The 10x MQ is a solid sonofabitch,for Giggle Glass. Whether talking ele or windage,1/10 increments are easy to digest,even for folks who ain't no good with numbers. There's nothing to round up or down,in order to synch with the nearest "click". Nor is there ANYTHING new to "learn",so as to press same into service.

No need to think in "inches",as it ain't applicable. ALL you need to "know",is to input good data into JBM and then confirm zero,install stops and then flog on the system to the limits of the platform.

This is actual data,for one of my Anschutz 54's,wearing a 75MOA rail and a 10x MQ. 50yd zero and dope ran in 10yd increments to the 500yd line(though in actuality,it will reach 725yds+). What you see is a JBM generated chart,as it falls outta the software program,factoring 10mph full value wind as a constant,which allows easy breakdowns.

[Linked Image]

From the 50yd zero,a 440yd poke would require (4) complete revolutions of the elevation turret and (4) "clicks"...which takes about 3 seconds to input that requisite 20.4 Mils. A 20mph full value wind at that distance is a 10.6 Mil correction(double the 10mph constant) and I'd dope the erector 10 Mils and slide the .6,betting that the conditions will change. That would grant me 5.6 Mils of diminishing wind velocity or directional change and 4.4 Mils of velocity increase,due the ability to slide the windshield either direction to contend atmospheric swaps...less having to touch the turret again. I inherently default to Most Remaining Moves Mode,especially upon something,where every 1mph of full value influence is greater than halfa fhuqking Mil(.53 Mil per every 1MPH with this ammo,in this atmosphere,at the 440yd line). Hint.

10x MQ seethroughtitude is a money making sonofabitch. Hint.

[Linked Image]

For conversation,you just moved elevation impact 322.8" in it's height(from it's 50yd zero to 440yd impact) and 167.6" in it's 440yd 20mph full value drift...less "converting","factoring","extrapolating" or "relearning" a fhuqking thing. Hint.

Same dope factored by JBM as the above,but inches and Mils for conversation. Note that every 1mph of full value wind shifts impact 8.38" at the 440yd line. Wanna get GOOD in the wind,stretch a KILLER 22LR out and you'll learn more in a day,than you have in your Life. Hint.

[Linked Image]

The new MOA/MOA are steps in a positive direction,if only to add ability,compared to how heavily compromised a miserly 5 Mil ele stadia is by default. Losing globs of schit on the windshield and gaining finite tickmarks that are easier to subtend and hold hard,will only add merit to the system. All of that is lovely,but I'll happily trade same to reap more tactile adjustments,that stay put in superior fashion. Hint.

Pass the 10x MQ,if only because it's always about the Big Picture.

Hint.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice bird.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Obliged..will get a pair to squish an illuminati in and see how they "feel"

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What BC are you using for the RF 22? Is it 40gr?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Tag for knowledge.

*Master of random precision*
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A Thanks and a tag...

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
OKAY, you talked me into it. I am getting ready to trip the trigger on the scope right now. I'll make it the MQ 10 X.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Tag

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Harris's Hawk?

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Excellent explanation by Stick, and not a whole lot needed to be translated...
I'm wondering if his question was even more rhetorical that this one grin
I've waited since last blackfriday sale to nail a 6x42, and ended up getting a 3-9×42 too. We'll how they work.
May end up with a 10x too in the next year.
No illuminati needed yet.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Illuminati going on mini-me2's M&P15-22. Gonna be fun...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Harris's Hawk?

yes

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like a miniature Golden Eagle. Very cool.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

105 members (1eyedmule, 35, 44mc, 7887mm08, 7x57Hunter, 10 invisible), 1,285 guests, and 839 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,060
Posts18,463,264
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.