-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don't mean tobe a kill-joy, but I ordered one, and went to install it. Unfortunately it didn't survive tightening down to the scope.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
No problems here.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
fwiw,
I've regrettably gotten snarky with a couple of folks over different scope anti-cant designs in the past, however, I would offer this youtube video just as a FWIW. I found this interesting... Haugland is generally thought provoking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXC44p5gdA

Regards, Matt.

Btw, I looked up the Wixey Digital Angle Guage and they are supposed to be accurate to a tenth of a degree +/-.1 Degree and the cost all of $30. You can find them at woodworking supplies as they use them to set saw blades. Again fwiw & iho.

Here is one at $21.79 http://www.tigersupplies.com/Produc...4d410CsaQL9k6PhrPzrp4XeL1wM74aAvvJ8P8HAQ

Last edited by Matt in Virginia; 07/24/16.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Matt in Virginia,

How does one mount the Wixey Digital Angle Guage so it stays put?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ringman
Matt in Virginia,

How does one mount the Wixey Digital Angle Guage so it stays put?

fwiw,
You've got me there... Oddly enough the thought occurred to me especially if you ponied up the $8 for the back lit version. In all seriousness I would think it most useful to get in position and someone else read your angle from the elevation turret. Granted Leopold used to have something on the order of 3 degrees of tolerance when it came to perpendicularity from reticle being square relative to the top of the turret OR the bottom of the erector housing. That said that has been years ago. I would hope that has been tightened up at this point. If you start reading in tenths of a degree and have up to a few degrees of difference between level reticle and level turret it could get confusing quickly...

Regards, Matt.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Easy to chase one's tail with this stuff. What's critical is that the anti-cant level on a scope read level with the vertical stadia at true plumb, with the vertical stadia bisecting the CL of the bore.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Hey guys,

I forgot to log in here for a while and found a bunch of PMs I had missed.

The early models had an issue with helicoil tolerancing and strength under high torque, but these have long since been fixed.

I now offer both a "clamshell" and ultra-low profile design printed from an upgraded polymer called PETG, it's what soda bottles are made from.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Additionally I make aluminum models in 30, 34, and 35mm. They will fit under all but the very lowest mounted scopes, without removing the scope for installation.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/N0zpN5b.jpg?1[/img]

With anything I sell, I totally stand behind the product and will replace a failure. These are really stronger than you'd imagine, and between these and throw levers I offer for most popular scopes there are thousands out there with very, very few failures in recent months.

[Linked Image]

Since posting here last, these products have become a really busy part time business which led to me losing touch with some of the forums I posted on originally. My website is mkmachining.com and I will log back in to answer any questions.

Last edited by tykempster; 07/29/16.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

115 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,615 guests, and 949 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.