-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Thanks everyone smile

The back sight is not the original sight, but some kind of peep sight, it does not fold unfortunally - and the apeture is way too small for my eyes. But, I am leaving it on, as it is part of the rifle's history.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Great job of acquiring and managing this fine old rifle! Thanks for your post. The ammunition topic is fascinating-govt. issued 30/30 ammo certainly appeals to me.

Thanks, too, for your informative remarks re post WW11 history.

Last edited by beefan; 06/28/15.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Nice find!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"... as it is part of the rifle's history."
There's a lot of that gets killed off. Too bad, swords can sing the stories if you listen.

OP Offline
I have collected weapons - mainly bladed - most of my life. On top of that I hold a BA in archaeology.

In my minds eye, one does not truly own objects like this rifle, one merely gets to be the custodian of it - for the reward of shooting and hunting with it - for the time one spends here on this Earth.

Most of my rifles and shotguns are pieces like that; 1937 BSW Suhl 16 gauge (the model is known in Denmark as the infamous "Hitler gun" as it was presented, as a reward, to Wehrmacht and SS officers after the BSW factory was taken over, from it's jewish owners, by the nazis - mine was taken from a German officer, by a Danish partizan, after the German surrender in 1945), 1944 Steyer-Daimer-Puch 98K (probably taken from a Latvian SS regiment, by the Russians, on the most eastern of Danish islands; Bornholm - and afterwards stolen from the Russians by Danish partizans), 1968 Ernst Thälmann Suhl 12 gauge (made in the DDR on machines captured after WWII by the Russians) and a 1979 Remington 600 Mohawk (Mannlicher stock) in .243 Win.

Enjoying the simple things in life; a day out hunting, meat on the griddle, a sip of good bourbon and a night under the stars...
IC B2

WFR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Why can't they all look that good?
That's near perfect as far as I am concerned.
Great job!
I've been contemplating another .30-30 and this may have just pushed me over the edge!

V
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
V
What sort of hunting opportunities are available within Denmark?

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Meine Deutsche Frau is always trying to get me to give her the nod to move back to Deutschland. I remind her I will have to give up all my current 2nd Amendment freedoms, to which she disagrees. We all know it is very much limited and pretty much a rich man's game in Europe. Salutations to you, RedBeard- I got married in Aero Denmark.

Last edited by 3584ELK; 10/30/15. Reason: spelling

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WOW! What a wonderful Texan! Marlins are perhaps the finest values in lever actions! I also think Husqvarna makes a good value bolt. Good luck sir thanks for sharing. Once again I think you have done that Texan proud with your efforts!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RedBeardDane
Finally, photos of the finish project:

[Linked Image]
Marlin 336T Texan by Jakob Elbæk Egegaard Pedersen, on Flickr

[Linked Image]
Marlin 336T Texan by Jakob Elbæk Egegaard Pedersen, on Flickr

I am quite happy about the result! I belive this rifle will serve me well for years to come now. I am also quite glad I went with the lower mount instead of the traditional see-through mount. Even though the scope is mounted as low as the back sight allows, it is stille pretty high, I may have to get myself a leather cheek rest for this rifle.

Nice job! And a very nice rifle there!

Retired cat herder.

IC B3

OP Offline
Thanks for the nice comments everyone.

The 336T has yet to bag me any game, but that has mostly to do with me having too little time to hunt atm.

Originally Posted by vonfilm
What sort of hunting opportunities are available within Denmark?

Most commonly buck, roe deer, fox, hare, rabbits (on the smaller islands), various specieces of duck and geese, pheasants, dows, etc. Most common european game species actually. Hunting is a very common pastime here - and rapidly growing in popularity.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.