Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
2. Clemson

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
UGA just fired Richt. Morons!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by hatari

Ever here of Nick Marshall? Had pretty good season with him. About not being able to recruit a QB, seems to me the almighty Nicky had to get a leftover from FSU to run his team. How can that be with 8 #1 recruiting classes?

Alabama does not have the want or need for a "spotlight" QB. (See Les Miles thread) or this...

ETA:

"I like to play how our players can play," Saban said. "I liked the way we played last year when we had Amari Cooper catching 115 balls and running all over the place. I liked that. I like however we can play. This just happens to be the best way this team can play. Our best workhorse is a running back. ... I'm not a run-and-play-defense guy. I'm a score-however-you-can-score-and-play-defense guy."

Put down your Crimson koolaid for once or go to Al.com and jump in bed with Phyllis from Mulga. The Tide is having a good season so enjoy. Get off the scam thing, that was all with Miss St., or did you miss that?[/quote]

I listen to Finnebaum quite a bit. He even gave AU the benefit of the doubt saying they would only lose 4 or 5.

If you check real quick, AU has won 11 out of the last 20 Iron Bowls. Guess you missed conveniently forget the Mike/Mike/ Mike years (DuBois, Price, Shula) when Bama was 0-7.

[/quote]

Rebuilding takes time when done right. There will never be another Mal Moore, but his autobiography will provide some excellent insight into how it is done.

Auburn's woes lie within the program. What color is your koolaid? Sort of brown I bet.

Last edited by Bama_Rick; 11/29/15.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Tide is having a good season so enjoy.

Try it out.

Originally Posted by Bama_Rick

Rebuilding takes time when done right.

..and Malzahn's been there not quite 3 seasons? What does your quote say again? It takes time to do it right?

I listen to Finnebaum quite a bit.

That explains everything I need to know here. Best of luck in ATL. Adios!

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
[quote=hatari]

The Tide is having a good season so enjoy.

I enjoy every season.

I just hope I never get so butthurt that I try and defend our program with, "If Au had Dak Prescott..."

Rebuilding takes time when done right.

..and Malzahn's been there not quite 3 seasons? What does your quote say again? It takes time to do it right?
[quote=Bama_Rick]

I never said anything about Gus. Building and rebuilding are two different monkeys. I said Auburn's woes lie within the program, alumni included.

You know you listen to Finnebaum. A little dose of reality is healthy from time to time.

IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
got

Oklahoma
Clemson

still waiting on 2 more better than the Tide

Double_D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're not going to get a huge argument that they are not a top 4 team, unless they wet the bed vs UF. So what's with throwing down the gauntlet?

You want some someone to throw Ohio St and Oklahoma out there? Iowa? Mich St.?

Bama has one loss. They played poorly vs Ole Miss who is a three loss team so their "dominance" will be questioned.

Personally, I see Bama vs Clemson for the title.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by gophergunner
Not this year! More like PAPER TIGER! How could that possibly be in the vaunted SEC?

I hear you.

Good luck to Ohio St. in the Big 10 Championship game!

At first I was like, WTF? Then I saw it was you, Scott, who posted...

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You're not going to get a huge argument that they are not a top 4 team, unless they wet the bed vs UF. So what's with throwing down the gauntlet?

You want some someone to throw Ohio St and Oklahoma out there? Iowa? Mich St.?

Bama has one loss. They played poorly vs Ole Miss who is a three loss team so their "dominance" will be questioned.

Personally, I see Bama vs Clemson for the title.

no gaunlet thrown here, my point was Bama is one of the 4 best teams......does not matter where in the top 4 you put them

I was responding to the remark that the SEC is overrated and Bama lost to MISS, nothing more than that

Double_D
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

607 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 1_deuce, 1beaver_shooter, 64 invisible), 2,143 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,278
Posts18,448,479
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.