Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How are these for an everyday, non precision AR?

Blue, TWR, Wareagle, others????????????

MM

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't own one, but have used an ACT. I was impressed. It was heavier than an expensive trigger but broke clean without any grit or creep. I'm a huge trigger snob and much preferred it over any factory trigger I've pulled.

If I didn't want to step up to a $150 trigger, I'd definitely spend the $50-$60 on an ACT.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I've had 2 of the QMS triggers on guns with Aimpoints. They are like a well worn and tuned stock trigger

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks..........just looking to replace triggers on a couple of knock around truck guns to get rid of the creep on the stock MILSPEC triggers & don't want to put, or need a Geissle in them.

Sounds like they will work for what I'm looking to accomplish.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
as cheap as you can get the RRA triggers these days spending 60 bucks on the bottom end geissele's is obsolete.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I have a RRA Varmint in a 6.8SPC hunting rifle however I believe TWR mentioned that they had a steel brad in them that wore out over time. I have 3 of the SSA-E's but don't feel like spending that much again. I was looking at the Geissle G2S but its the same price as the SSA trigger so not sure which is better or if the ACT is "as good" for less money. Any comments?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jimmyp
I have a RRA Varmint in a 6.8SPC hunting rifle however I believe TWR mentioned that they had a steel brad in them that wore out over time.

I have no idea what that would be. I have ~15,000 rounds each on a pair of the NM version (just a little heavier spring rate).

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
as cheap as you can get the RRA triggers these days spending 60 bucks on the bottom end geissele's is obsolete.

I'll ignore the fact that they're two totally different triggers and nobody pulled your RRA string and just ask if that comment is based on all of your ACT experience.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
what type of steel does RRA make their triggers from? How does that compare to a known maker like Geissele?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I currently have them in 3 knock about rifles and am more then happy with them. True they arent S3G or SSA-E's of which i have a few but they are very good.

For my uses if they arent precision guns they will all get ALG's going forward.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks, MA.........that's exactly the info I'm looking for.

How's married life these days?

MM

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
MM,

Life is wonderful. Our not so little man is almost 20 #'s at 3 months, the family is doing good and we all have our health.

Not much more a guy can ask for!

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Beautiful family..................I'm sure you can make a shooter out of him.

MM

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I'll ignore the fact that they're two totally different triggers and nobody pulled your RRA string and just ask if that comment is based on all of your ACT experience.....

blue dart, the guy said non precision rifle, also if someone is considering that trigger most likely they are trying to get an upgraded trigger at a low cost. I paid $62 for a RRA varmint trigger. YESSS at that price that trigger is obsolete. unless of course you think an essentially worked over milspec trigger is better, NOT.

you will probably spout off about something to the effect of the RRA varmint will not hold up to 10's of thousands of rounds. so let me preemptively counter your next line. IF THE GUY WAS GOING TO BE SHOOTING THAT MUCH, IT WOULD BE WITH A "PRECISION RIFLE" AND IT WOULD BE WITH A TRIGGER BETTER THAN EITHER THE ALG, OR RRA. If someone knew something that was better for the same or less money wouldn't you like to know? yeah I would.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The rock trigger is fine on a hunting gun but I wouldn't put one in a self defense weapon.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jimmyp
The rock trigger is fine on a hunting gun but I wouldn't put one in a self defense weapon.

Why not?

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Gentlemen, the RR trigger problem was a case of poor staking on their disco brad. Staked well and you can have a good trigger but they did have problems. ADCO figured out that a SS pin that just fit inside the receiver eliminated any chance of it coming out.

I fixed several of them over the years, some the brad came out easily, some didn't. I had one for a Colt that was a POS but others that were good. You can claim blind loyalty or acknowledge the chance of a problem and fix it. Either way I don't care.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

you will probably spout off about something to the effect of the RRA varmint will not hold up to 10's of thousands of rounds. so let me preemptively counter your next line. IF THE GUY WAS GOING TO BE SHOOTING THAT MUCH, IT WOULD BE WITH A "PRECISION RIFLE" AND IT WOULD BE WITH A TRIGGER BETTER THAN EITHER THE ALG, OR RRA. If someone knew something that was better for the same or less money wouldn't you like to know? yeah I would.

Actually I know of a few guys that shot thousands and thousands of xm193 and various other reloads and factory rounds with stock triggers because lots of "target" type triggers available at the time wouldn't hold up. (Jewell being the worst. )

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
YESSS at that price that trigger is obsolete. unless of course you think an essentially worked over milspec trigger is better, NOT.

Unless you don't want a two stage trigger, in which case the RRA is irrelevant....or obsolete, you take your pick--TowMayTow / TowMahTow

I think it can be better for several things. I tried a two-stage trigger and for some of my shooting I didn't like it at all, and can think of several specific misses attributable to a two stage. And I can think of people who carry rifles for organizations that won't allow a RRA trigger, where the ACT would be just fine.

you will probably spout off about something to the effect of the RRA varmint will not hold up to 10's of thousands of rounds.

Wrong again, you're on a roll!

IF THE GUY WAS GOING TO BE SHOOTING THAT MUCH, IT WOULD BE WITH A "PRECISION RIFLE"

Probably not....

If someone knew something that was better for the same or less money wouldn't you like to know?

Read this really slow, because that's how I typed it for you. It's only "better" if it's what somebody wants. And not everybody wants a two stage RRA trigger.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I do kind of like your new Nom de Plume "Blue Dart", all that aside however I am very interested and seriously so in the reason why some organizations will not sanction the RRA trigger where they will sanction an ALG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,298 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,506
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.