-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
SC has to be one of the best jobs in the SEC. Great fans, boosters, talent, and expectations arent ridiculous compared to some of the other schools in the conference (Spurrier may disagree!).

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
GB1

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup and I believe Spurrier loved his time at SC. Plus Hootie and the gang gave him membership at Augusta!! grin

Gamecocks will wind up with a kick-azz coach based on what you just said.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I think he'd be a dandy at SC.

Or Missouri. Would probably do well at Texas too..

I can't imagine ANYONE wanting to go to Missouri.

Mark Stoops.

I still can't imagine it...

I see your point. But the poor man is the Head Football Coach at the University of Kentucky.

He's to be pitied.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Richt to Miami?

Kirby Smart to UGA?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Richt to Miami?

Kirby Smart to UGA?

vel, if there's no better solution in sight, then why not?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
LSU should be ashamed of themselves this week. What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Everyone is allowed their opinion.

LSU fans are tired of listening to/seeing the same old broken record.

Above avg. to great defense... above avg to great running backs... above avg offensive line... above avg to great receivers... WAY-WAY BELOW AVERAGE QUARTERBACK!!!

And, there are other things... if you can stay within 2-3 touchdowns at halftime... you stand a good chance of beating Miles... he cant coach. Miles has extremely talented players and a below avg coaching mentality.

Run make 5 yds- Run lose 7 yds- QB cant complete a pass, so Run again... punt....... that is les miles offensive pkg.

Of course if your playing Podunk College, this offensive plan will work... but when you have to play in the SEC West... well you can see the results for yourself.

Last edited by Oldman03; 11/29/15.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Richt to Miami.

If Kirby IS smart, he'll go to SC.

People treat a 10-2 or a 9-3 coach very well there. They'll even forgive a down year if you've been producing. Kirby doesn't need to sit behind Saban for another 5-6 years. He doesn't want to be the one to follow Saban. Ask Ray Perkins or Bill Curry what that's like.

UGA has the most disgruntled fan base in America. They are continuously, disappointed and butthurt to the point of psychosis. They get over revved every season that starts out 4-0 only to crash into the "they broke my heart again" depression after a loss in a big game. Happened this year as soon as Bama blew them out. They are too manic - depressant for their own good.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Kirby was and is number 2 to SC now that Herman is staying at Houston!

BUT Richt does shake things up even more.

Go Nats!!!!

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

If Chip Kelly goes back to college, it will be the West Coast - USC.

Will the Miami Hurricanes hire former Georgia head coach Mark Richt?

The Georgia Bulldogs made the shocking decision to fire head coach Mark Richt on Sunday.

Richt has been the Bulldogs head coach since 2001 and has a 144–51 record, including going 9-5 in bowl games.

Richt instantly becomes one of the biggest names on the market for open college coaching positions and there is one school that seems to be a natural fit, the Miami Hurricanes.

Miami fired Al Golden and are currently looking for a replacement as Richt gets fired and essentially falls into their laps. Richt played high school football in Boca Raton and went on to play quarterback at Miami in the early 1980s, backing up Jim Kelly.

It could be the homecoming Miami fans have been dreaming of.

If the connection between Richt and Miami isn’t enough to convince Hurricane fans that this is the man to go after, his 145-51 record in the SEC, which includes two SEC championships and 6 SEC Eastern Division Titles is an impressive resume to bring to the weaker ACC.

Not to mention Richt’s ties to recruiting in the region already.

This could be a match made in heaven, but if any name can throw a wrench in this pair coming together it is Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly, who reportedly could be headed back to college football as the Eagles continue to spiral out of control.

But Richt returning to Miami could have the kind of impact Jim Harbaugh returning to Michigan had. That might be something that the Hurricanes can’t ignore or turn their backs on.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hatari
Richt to Miami.

If Kirby IS smart, he'll go to SC.

People treat a 10-2 or a 9-3 coach very well there. They'll even forgive a down year if you've been producing. Kirby doesn't need to sit behind Saban for another 5-6 years. He doesn't want to be the one to follow Saban. Ask Ray Perkins or Bill Curry what that's like.

UGA has the most disgruntled fan base in America. They are continuously, disappointed and butthurt to the point of psychosis. They get over revved every season that starts out 4-0 only to crash into the "they broke my heart again" depression after a loss in a big game. Happened this year as soon as Bama blew them out. They are too manic - depressant for their own good.

It ain't just Georgia my friend. It's all of college football.

How many coaches over the last 15 years at Tenn? Aub? Miss? FL? ARK? and on and on and on. Granted, most havent averaged almost 10 wins a season.

Fact is Georgia is a premier job that comes with a premier paycheck and they will absolutely compete with h SC, Miami, and others for a head coach.

IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
YUP! BIG time!!

Go Nats!!!!

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Oldman03
LSU should be ashamed of themselves this week. What a Charlie Foxtrot.

Everyone is allowed their opinion.

LSU fans are tired of listening to/seeing the same old broken record.

Above avg. to great defense... above avg to great running backs... above avg offensive line... above avg to great receivers... WAY-WAY BELOW AVERAGE QUARTERBACK!!!

And, there are other things... if you can stay within 2-3 touchdowns at halftime... you stand a good chance of beating Miles... he cant coach. Miles has extremely talented players and a below avg coaching mentality.

Run make 5 yds- Run lose 7 yds- QB cant complete a pass, so Run again... punt....... that is les miles offensive pkg.

Of course if your playing Podunk College, this offensive plan will work... but when you have to play in the SEC West... well you can see the results for yourself.

I don't care if LSU fires him, but either fire him or shut the [bleep] up.

The way they went about it was chickenshiet.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
wish Georgia had kept Richt. As bad as Florida has been lately, at least, with a Richt coached team, the Gators could beat them.

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the reasons he is no longer there!

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner

It ain't just Georgia my friend. It's all of college football.

How many coaches over the last 15 years at Tenn? Aub? Miss? FL? ARK? and on and on and on. Granted, most havent averaged almost 10 wins a season.

Fact is Georgia is a premier job that comes with a premier paycheck and they will absolutely compete with h SC, Miami, and others for a head coach.

No doubt, but they have serious competition for available coaches this year. USC and Miami have the glitz. SC has shown they will make the bold hire. Mizzou is a good job, especially for a Big Ten or Big 12 coach. Then there is uncertainty at Texas...that will be a prime job should it open.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miami's best days are far in the rear view mirror. Richt is a proper Southern Gentleman and would never be caught dead living in the ghetto.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Miami's best days are far in the rear view mirror. Richt is a proper Southern Gentleman and would never be caught dead living in the ghetto.

Coral Gables is hardly the Ghetto but the school administration would have to do a 360 and then come up with the money for a quality HC. I don't think they have the Boosters other programs have.

Kirby Smart has an opportunity at his alma mater, lets see if he wants to get out from Sabans shadow.

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Richt is not going to MIA. And I hope Kirby Smart does not go to GA.

This is about to get really interesting.

Go Nats!!!!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by byc
Richt is not going to MIA. And I hope Kirby Smart does not go to GA.

This is about to get really interesting.

Smart is #1 on their hitlist

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I cannot recall so many major programs with openings. I know a lot are waiting until after the bowl games to announce hires but my best guess is there will be a lot of stinkers hired.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 260madman, 1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 38 invisible), 1,821 guests, and 991 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,379
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.