Print Thread
Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Saw this on a commercial this evening on the Military Channel...

Some sort of giveaway contest...

http://hellcatx.com/

but what is interesting... the prize is one of two cars...

the first is a 1970 Challenger with a 440 Six Pack...

the second is a Hellcat....

but this one is a one of a kind....

it has a Turbo feeding a Supercharger....

claiming an engine output of over 800 HP....

ya gotta like that....

GB1

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Would hate to have to feed that baby today.

In '75 my Evening Supervisor offered to sell me her '70 Challenger 440. With gas at just over $0.50 a gallon she didn't want it any more. Wanted $1800 for it.

Last edited by websterparish47; 11/28/15.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
super unleaded is a 1.99 here.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
my super car days are gone. I'll stick with my 4 cylinder.

Sam......

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Back in the mid 90's a young married father I worked with won a brand new Dodge Viper in a contest put on by a large Mopar dealership. What you'd think would be a dream come true for many young men unfortunately turned into a big let down and a major hassle when he discovered all the mandatory extras he had to pay for out of his own pocket.

He asked the dealership if he could sell it back to them at their wholesale cost. They told him they possibly could buy it back but their offer would be no where close to their dealer cost. Legally it had to be titled in his name first therefore his "brand new" Viper became a used vehicle.

IIRC he wound up selling it at a quite a bit below book value just so he could hurry up and pay for all the sales and luxury taxes, insurance, plus the added tax on his income for that year. He said after all was said and done he had a few thousand left over.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
http://www.dreamgiveaway.com/c/rules

10. Grand-Prize. b] For purposes of federal taxes, the net fair market value of the Grand-Prize, plus any published cash award applied toward the IRS withholding requirement, as of the date the winner receives the Grand-Prize, will determine the net value of the Grand-Prize, not the approximate current retail value of the Grand-Prize. If the cash portion of the Grand-Prize, should any exist, not fulfill the withholding requirement calculated by applying the IRS gross-up formula to the net fair market value of the grand-prize at the time of the award, the Winner will be required to fund the difference at (or prior) to receiving the Grand-Prize. Grand-Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes resulting from winning the Grand-Prize including all federal, state and local, taxes, fees, assessments and like charges. [/b]

they value the thing @ 175K

Not saying its not worth it, good cause, but go read the whole thing and find out the number of strings, then decide if the things worth it.

I would have to sell em both just for the state and local taxes.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
cabin neighbor has a hellcat on the way here

he's got his Challenger up for sale, 40K or so he's asking

got a feeling he's gonna have 2 BA cars for awhile

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My son took me for a ride in a 700 hp version.
It had plenty of power.
It sold for $80,000 used.

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swifty52
http://www.dreamgiveaway.com/c/rules

10. Grand-Prize. b] For purposes of federal taxes, the net fair market value of the Grand-Prize, plus any published cash award applied toward the IRS withholding requirement, as of the date the winner receives the Grand-Prize, will determine the net value of the Grand-Prize, not the approximate current retail value of the Grand-Prize. If the cash portion of the Grand-Prize, should any exist, not fulfill the withholding requirement calculated by applying the IRS gross-up formula to the net fair market value of the grand-prize at the time of the award, the Winner will be required to fund the difference at (or prior) to receiving the Grand-Prize. Grand-Prize Winner is responsible for all taxes resulting from winning the Grand-Prize including all federal, state and local, taxes, fees, assessments and like charges. [/b]

they value the thing @ 175K

Not saying its not worth it, good cause, but go read the whole thing and find out the number of strings, then decide if the things worth it.

I would have to sell em both just for the state and local taxes.

that fine print is in every big giveaway. Feds demand their cut

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The winner also gets 40K to cover taxes...but I bet it wont!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Not that I have to worry about winning one....

but I posted this with the focus being on the Hellcat X, NOT the Contest Prize and Taxes....

I'm more into the Technical and Mechanical Achievements of a car... not that I don't like Muscle Cars...

Just thought that this Hellcat was off the scale on the Cool Factor....they were doing the Supercharger and Turbos on Aircraft engines back during WW 2....think it is about time you see it on a car....

I couldn't even contemplate what I must be like to test drive a Hellcat...

the next thing on my list to see is if they come out with that All Wheel Drive Challenger, that they were displaying as a concept vehicle, that my son showed me on line..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It have 4WD?

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
There is a guy that has one around here.

I would not want to buy the tires for it And it does haul the mail.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

607 members (12344mag, 163bc, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 160user, 10Glocks, 59 invisible), 2,024 guests, and 1,131 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,195
Posts18,465,879
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.