Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by kciH
Originally Posted by Clarkm
16 years ago I ordered a Bushmaster bullpup.

There was a delay because of Y2K.

The trigger was so terrible, I never shot it. I just took it to a gun store and traded it for a Leupold scope boosted by Premier Reticle. Great scope.

Is the bad trigger inherent in the bullpup concept?

Made even moreso by the fact that it has to work around a magazine. The one's on the center grip XP-100 pistols didn't have that disadvantage to contend with.

Trigger design has certainly been an issue with the bullpup design. Desert Tech has a nice trigger, comparable to everything but a Jewell in my opinion. I've shot newer ones, heard the older models aren't as good.

The trigger linkage/assembly in this chassis seems to be on the right track, as I noted my prototype was based on a modifed Xmark trigger and increased the pull weight from 2.5 to 2.75lbs, with not much difference in trigger feel.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I like bullpup designs, but that looks somebody is trying to stuff a conventional bolt action into bullpup chasis.

IMHO, to do it correctly you need a completely different approach..Think like Uzi did when they designed bolt carrier for their mini Uzi SMG...

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Pete E
I like bullpup designs, but that looks somebody is trying to stuff a conventional bolt action into bullpup chasis.

IMHO, to do it correctly you need a completely different approach..Think like Uzi did when they designed bolt carrier for their mini Uzi SMG...

Well...I do agree that a ground up bullpup weapon would be best. However the whole point of this chassis is the average shooter can turn their bolt action into a bullpup without a gunsmith, with no crazy modifications. It cuts about 10" off the OAL of the your gun and adds a whole bunch of adjustability features.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by tykempster
Originally Posted by Pete E

Well...I do agree that a ground up bullpup weapon would be best. However the whole point of this chassis is the average shooter can turn their bolt action into a bullpup without a gunsmith, with no crazy modifications. It cuts about 10" off the OAL of the your gun and adds a whole bunch of adjustability features.

Pete, that would make a good "next" project for Ty after he's perfected this for several common actions, and made some money off them.

I'd be interested if it came with 80% receivers and easy barrel swaps such as on an AR or Savage.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 11/29/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
So what are you thinking the price would be for a Rem 700 conversion?

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
$1200-$1500, depending on options and such. Similar in price to other premium chassis systems...except this one makes your gun 10" shorter and with a bolt extension the controls are in a familiar place.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Little suggestion that will make your design more relevant and more successful. Make certain it can work on both right and left hand actions. Design it where one can block off either the right or left side of the bolt. It should be pretty easy to accImplies this feature.

At your price point, if it's not ambi your product will just be an also ran chassis that costs an lot. With 10 percent more effort in design you can develop an product that will cater to the 12-15 percent of the market that doesn't get addressed much and production cost will be basically the same. If it can be done with an self loading unit like the Tavor, it should be an piece of cake with just an chassis for manually operated bolts.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
That is a previous suggestion I am taking into account. V2 is already ambidextrous, has a bolt slot on each side, as well as holes for the cheekpiece on either side. The safety is accomplished at the trigger, and is hooked up to an operating rod in a similar fashion to the trigger linkage.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Good to hear. I would also keep it light as possible. It may be compact but it needs to be fairly light if possible.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
T
V1 was 6.1 lbs with a barreled action installed. That was missing a few pieces, but I'm expecting around 10lbs for a reasonable setup. Obviously a 20" pencil barrel and lightweight scope, or 32" truck axle with a Nightforce on top will change things a lot.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bullpup hunting/target rifle = deaf quick

Hunting with ear plugs can be done but I typically hear the critters before I see them coming in the woods. Now if one was spot and stalking or glassing etc would work.

Now if you supress giggle giggle

Neat design I could see myself owning one if you got it down to the 500 range, certainly not the 800 or over range.

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why not get a Remington XP 100?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you have to bring the Xp up !

Lowcountry Wildlife Management
Knowing Wildlife Beyond Science
[email protected]
Genesis 9;2
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10Glocks, 1234, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 75 invisible), 2,572 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,668
Posts18,455,952
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.