Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
What is the hunting like in the Chianti/Tuscany region of Italy? What game is available? In what numbers? How accessible is the hunting? What are the seasons? I am interested in both birds and beasts.

Thanks, RS

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wasn't hunting but did some long hikes in the region last winter with my wife and daughter. We crossed through a few hunting areas, saw plenty of empty shot shells, deer, pigs and wild birds.
It looked like a fun area to spend more time in, especially if you like good wine.

[Linked Image]

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
While there recently, I saw fresh rubs on small trees, hog rooting sign, and a occasional empty shotgun hull. I was told that the hogs are a hazard on the roads at night in some areas. A chef that I spoke with had whacked a deer with his car the year before. But I could not find a single person to ask about hunting.

RS

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Just returned from 3 weeks in the Chianti region, about 1 mile off SR 222 that runs from Florence to Siena near the town of "Castellina in Chianti".
The house we rented was deep in the woods and we saw many deer and pigs as well as a large number of pheasants.
The caretaker of the house was going to arrange a pig hunt with one of the vintners but his grapes were already harvested and the pigs had moved on.
PM a # or e mail and I will go into more detail of what I learned.

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Uncle Joe,

I would greatly appreciate all the information you could give me. I would really like the contact information for the place in which you stayed. My wife and I are planning to go back in the next two years and your place sounds perfect for what we want to do.

PM incoming.

RS

Last edited by RipSnort; 10/19/15.
IC B2

R
R
My wife and I were just talking today about a trip to Italy. I saw Cabelas lists a hunt in Italy and she has always wanted to go. Since roe deer is a morning and evening proposition I thought it would be great. I was going to post here tonight for more info. I thought I read somewhere mouflon are available in there area. Any other types of deer or just roe? We are very very interested in going!

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
We stayed in Volpaia and drove the back road to Panzano one Sunday morning around 9:00 a.m.
We saw several wild boar and a few deer.
We passed a large kennel that hunters use to keep their dogs.
On another occasion late in the evening we saw several deer on the edge of the vineyard.
I asked about hunting and didn't find out a whole lot.
We were 12 or so miles from Chianti and Grieve.
Going back next year for 3 weeks in Northern Italy and Volpaia.
If you are looking to rent in Vopaia, send me a pm and will get you contact info.

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
abbydog,

PM incoming.

Thanks, RS

Last edited by RipSnort; 10/27/15.
A
A
Have a look at this:

http://www.montefeltro.com/en/destinations/europe/italy-molleone-di-san-fiorano

Montefeltro belongs to the Beretta Group. The Marche region is in the neighbourhood of the Tuscany. Nice landscape, nice hunting. I was there when visiting Benelli in Urbino.

Kind Regards,
AdJansen

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Thanks for the link!

RS

IC B3

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Looks good.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Just a few hoops to jump through if you want to get a hunting license. See:

http://tuscany.angloinfo.com/information/lifestyle/sports-and-leisure/hunting/

I don't know if it is any easier if you use an outfitter or some socialized tour operator?

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
89 members (35, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,572 guests, and 773 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,764
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.