Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by 222Rem
I appreciate a consistent pull too, and therefore 1911's and Glocks are my favorites. My runner up would be a worked over BHP...................... and I predict YOURS will be a CZ75 carried condition one. grin

Ding, Ding, Ding!

I do really enjoy the CZs.

If forced to carry a traditional DA/SA, I think the CZ would be hard to beat, but the ability to carry the CZ 75 cocked and locked makes it a standout favorite.

Plus I have played with some highly tuned CZs that had a DA that was phenomenal. Quite frankly I am surprised that they are not more popular.

They fit almost everyone's hands. While the DA trigger pull can be long for those with short fingers, the ability to reconfigure with short triggers takes care of that issue quite nicely.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have several of the CZ pattern pistols and I do like them a lot.

As I like the 1911/2011 a lot.

But for all things I would have to stick with Glock...

NRA Life Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
I appreciate a consistent pull too, and therefore 1911's and Glocks are my favorites. My runner up would be a worked over BHP...................... and I predict YOURS will be a CZ75 carried condition one. grin

Ding, Ding, Ding!

If forced to carry a traditional DA/SA, I think the CZ would be hard to beat, but the ability to carry the CZ 75 cocked and locked makes it a standout favorite.

Plus I have played with some highly tuned CZs that had a DA that was phenomenal. Quite frankly I am surprised that they are not more popular.

They fit almost everyone's hands. While the DA trigger pull can be long for those with short fingers, the ability to reconfigure with short triggers takes care of that issue quite nicely.

The CZ was pretty much a myth for a long time. Then when you finally could get one, other pistols had become more established with the military and police and at the same time, the world was transitioning to Glock-like pistols. The police gun was the 5906, et al and the Beretta was the military's choice. Simply no room for the CZ. Then there was Tanfoglio, the Italian manufacturer and sporadic quality issues.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Ding, Ding, Ding!

as i have mentioned on here, i picked up a cz b model and a c, both israeli military/police guns. absolutely fell in love with them, the only thing they need is a ambi safety. can carry hammer down, it is double action, or hammer back with the safety.
they just shoot well. both are priced around the 300dollar range.
cooper was right, a long time ago when you couldn't hardly find them. I like to think of them as an improved hi power. they just point well.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 11/22/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
my first AND second choice for a semi auto 9mm is a CZ 75D PCR

1911 and XDS are my first and second choice for .45 ACP

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Either a P7M8, or a BHP.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Number 1; probably the P7 M13 then second the K3 in 380...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A Sig P226 is my all time favorite carry gun.

Recently bought a Glock 43 for summer carry, and fell in love with it.
I finally mastered being able to "hit" DA with this little gun.

Am now thinking a Glock 17 would make a good second or backup carry gun.

Virgil B.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
God I hate being a groupie...Sig 2022 followed closely by a Walther PPS.

Whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Right now it is Glock 43 with CTC Laserguard. I also carry a S&W MP340 loaded with Reminton Gold JHP. The Rem is the nicest.357 to shoot in a small revolver.

Norm -
NRA Member Since 1966
IC B3

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
If I wasn't carrying an M&P Shield to be extra sneaky, I'd be carrying my Sig 228. I shoot the Sig DA/SA pretty well but it's been tuned up and the way Sig's point make up any difference.

And I shoot DAO, SA, DA/SA and the striker fired pistols enough to see that the DA/SA isn't near as much of a problem as I first thought.

I do shoot a 1911 a tad easier but I won't carry one cocked and locked.

B
BMT Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Smith and Wesson 627 8 shot

Not a semi auto so maybe a glock 19?

Last edited by BMT; 11/24/15.

"The Church can and should help modern society by tirelessly insisting that the work of women in the home be recognized and respected by all in its irreplaceable value." Apostolic Exhortation On The Family, Pope John Paul II
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I normally carry a G19 or a 1911, second choice would be BHP, Sig 228, or Springfield XD.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I would rather carry a revolver.
But I do have SIG P6. It was a Police trade in so the blue already has holster wear and I like that for concealed carry.
I think the 625-3 is the best because the brass goes wherever you go.
whelennut

I like to do my hunting BEFORE I pull the trigger!
There is only one kind of dead, but there are many different kinds of wounded.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by RGK
I like my old LAPD Beretta 92, but it's kinda big. It was a great uniformed duty pistol. For concealed/all around use, I'll take a slightly tricked-out Browning. The one below, a MK III forged-frame, will do.
Bob

[Linked Image]

The MK III forged-frame 9mm is my "second favorite".

[Linked Image]

Last edited by woods_walker; 11/28/15. Reason: Added picture
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Ding, Ding, Ding!

The first CZ-75 I ever shot was love at first sight. It was a first year "short rail" CZ that was literally smuggled into the US, and I was all excited to shoot the "commie-contraband" pistol.

The fit and finish was first rate, function was of course perfect (even though the "short rail" CZ's had some issues), and accuracy was in the 2.5" range at 25 yards; overall, a very nice pistol. But the DA pull was absolutely amazing. It was around 9 pounds and buttery smooth. I don't know if it had had work done to it or if all the first year CZ75's were that smooth, but it was simply amazing.

I really fell in love with that pistol, but since this was 1984, I just couldn't have one. So when Springfield brought in Solothurn made CZ75 copies, I bought two. They were beautiful, but they had horrible parts breakage problems.

To this day, I really have the hots for a CZ75 Short Rail; one day I'll scratch that itch.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
My favorite to carry varies. Consequently, my second choice varies.

Depending on weather and activity I have a USPc with a P7 as my second choice. Other situations, I flip those choices.

Montana MOFO
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Kahr PM9

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My second fave would be my former first fave...my old SIG 220. Dead nuts reliable with evenrything, accurate and superb trigger (I put a srt kit in it, as well). I just fell in love with my newer S&W 1911SC Commander and having been carrying that non-stop.

Another close second choice would be my SR9c. Reliable and very easy to shoot accurately. Nice and compact with the ten rd mag inserted and two 17'ers riding shotgun...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Y
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Y
If I couldn't carry a Glock, it would be an M&P 9 or some sort of XD. Or possibly one of the 22x 9mm Sigs.

Guns I would NOT choose for a primary carry gun:
Any compact single stack
P7
Any Kahr
Any S&W semi-auto
Any Keltec, Taurus, etc
Any revolver

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
658 members (12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 78 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,612
Posts18,398,407
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.