Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
Originally Posted by pahick
...Just got back from hunting this weekend, just bought a gun stock...before I left for the mountains, I changed my account number...Since im paycheck to paycheck basically, im screwed until next week, and even then I wont have it all...

It sounds like you aren't too serious about taking care of your obligations. How many weeks do you think you can make your landlord wait beyond the due date? This isn't his fault.

Unless you want to be known as a deadbeat, go pawn or sell something or borrow the money until you get your schit together.

Oh im pretty f'in serious about my bills, or I wouldnt have laid out nearly 10grand in medical bills this year. And if you read wtf I said, the money was supposed to be there. If HR and the bank get it right, it might be there tomorrow. Ill make no excuses, I should have a reserve built, and did at one point. Two years actually, until chronic illness hit. Be lucky it never happened to you.

GB1

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks, ill check my rights. First things first though, I gotta call them and then find out wtf the money went, or when its coming.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Never dealt with it before, was never late. Maybe it is a scare tactic, but pisses me off nonetheless

They need to instill fear of eviction, or the tenets will walk all over them. If you were never late then payment with a late fee should make this all go away.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just tell the landlord RIGHT NOW what happened and what you are doing about it. Then send in the late payment and the next month's payment in advance as a sign of good will.

Landlords don't like chasing money. It takes time and effort and fuel and all kinds of hassle. They want to know what is going on, and that it's a one-time thing.

But if you're tired of paying that much in rent, do something about it, too.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...Oh im pretty f'in serious about my bills...

Then go sell or pawn something so you can pay them. Don't argue that it's going to take you weeks past your due date. If you keep seeing yourself as the helpless victim, waiting for others to take care of things, you won't get anywhere.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Phouk 'em, I'd go huntin'.

LOL
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pal
...Oh im pretty f'in serious about my bills...

Then go sell or pawn something so you can pay them. Don't argue that it's going to take you weeks past your due date. If you keep seeing yourself as the helpless victim, waiting for others to take care of things, you won't get anywhere.

First, you can suck my cock. Im not arguing, im telling you how the phfuck it is.

Now, I got ahold of HR this morning and they triple checked payroll. A woman upstairs transposed two numbers and my pay went to a managers account. They issued funds within an hour and I called my landlord. Landlord said no worries, the letter is first step before they have to actually evict. I ACH'd funds a couple minutes ago, so theyre happy. Load off my mind.

Last edited by pahick; 12/09/15.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good news!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sure is, thanks for puttin up with me smile

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This guy "HR" has alot of pull. My wife has
worked numerous places over the years and it's
like "HR said this and that. I'll talk to HR".
I'd like to meet the guy.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by poboy
This guy "HR" has alot of pull. My wife has
worked numerous places over the years and it's
like "HR said this and that. I'll talk to HR".
I'd like to meet the guy.

We used to have an HR. About 20 people. 10 yrs ago they downsized.....to one man. Its a cluster most days.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...First, you can suck my cock. Im not arguing, im telling you how the phfuck it is. ...

I don't eat baby food.

Glad you were finally able to get your rent paid. In the future, to avoid problems such as this, I suggest you tie a credit card to your checking account for overdraft protection.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
In the future, to avoid problems such as this, I suggest you tie a credit card to your checking account for overdraft protection.

Direct Deposit here from both when I was working and now that I am retired. Had the deposit go missing one time long ago when my bank changed owners, but since I always check that my deposit is made, it was no problem. Again always check, Social Security, Pay check, make sure. It will take a few minutes and save lots of hassle. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Glad it worked out for you!

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Great news!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Who doesn't have a line of credit attached to their checking account?

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
pahick Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Whats a line of credit? OH! Yes, thats the thing I maxed after I exhausted all my savings for medical bills. Was nice while it lasted.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yo Pa, glad to hear you're still getting out into the woods.

Absolutely no slam on those who are doing it, but actually not everybody here is taking off on African safaris IF ya catch my drift wink

As for the rest of it, this is the 'Fire, some folks here will pee on ya and tell you you're bull$hitting if you tell 'em the sky is blue.

Medical expenses can be a b%tch, here's hoping you get ahead a bit this next year.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not trying to slam him, but I do not trust a computer, nor the ones running them not to have a glitch. I have a couple of bills that come out of my account directly, and I always check to make sure that they are paid when they should be, along with the money that is supposed to be put in there. Now that I am thinking about that, I should change to where I pay the bills instead of the computer. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
As an owner of a Property Management Company,
how you handled it is the best way. Get it paid and move on
you can not take it personal, its business. And the Property Manager is doing the job he has been hired to do.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (007FJ, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 46 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,778
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.