Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Unsolicited testimonial and book review!!!

If you are a hand loader you owe it to yourself to get this book! John has outdone himself this time..

If you like his well researched no nonsense style of offering up explanations ,advice , and tangible results there is plenty in this book for you.

If you like to dwell on minutae and are not even sure why you do some of it...the answers to ALL of it are in this book! There is even a straightforward chapter on rifling twist that would save a buttload of nasty threads on this forum.

It IS a big book, and it is Barsness at his very best. I just cruised through half a dozen chapters and learned a few new things. Typical JB it is easy reading and thorough in explaining and entertaining.

I may have to buy a second copy just to keep near the throne!!!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
BP-B2

U
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
U
Couldn't agree more.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
An "Amen!" from the back pews.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I keep my copy adjacent to my desk and ration the amount I read daily: don't want to get through it too Quickly! wink

jim

LCDR Jim Dodd, USN (Ret.)
"If you're too busy to hunt, you're too busy."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That's Ed Zachary what I did! smile

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Another Amen from the peanut gallery. I appreciate that the book is printed in a large format with larger, easier to read typeface.

This is not a book to put in your backpack to take with you on your wilderness hunt.

This is a big, heavy book that is worth its weight in gold.
It would make a terrific Christmas present to yourself, or any true rifle loony that you know.

Nifty-250

"If you don't know where you're going, you may wind up somewhere else".
Yogi Berra
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A great book that I had intended to be my winter's reading but winter has hardly begun and I've completed my first perusal.....

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by HunterJim
I keep my copy adjacent to my desk and ration the amount I read daily: don't want to get through it too Quickly! wink

jim

I already have the impression that it could be read, and re-read...learning stuff that you missed the first time!

It is 'comprehensive' and covers all gack!

Think I'll keep my copy at the loading bench!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Had mine spiral bound at Staples. Lies flat and makes the big book easy to navigate.

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Thats a GREAT idea! laugh

IC B3

S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Had my coy of RLN The First Five Years done at same time. Well worth it!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'm doing just that now. I finished reading it cover to cover in about 3-4 days (couldn't put it down), now, just like the RLN book, I am constantly going back to it and re-reading sections. Bought one for my dad for a Christmas present, but I couldn't wait till then with my copy!

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Alright already. Y'all convinced me. (Actually I've been meaning to but I hadn't got around to it.) I clipped $32.50 to the radio collar of a whitetail and pointed him in the direction of Montana. I told him John and Eileen would have a treat waiting for him when he got there. smile

Seriously though, I hope those electrons I scrambled in their direction materialize in their inbox.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 12/10/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks, Tom!

The book seems to have taken on a life of its own. Only a fraction of the "official" reviews have appeared so far, but since we started taking orders in mid-October Eileen hasn't had much time to do very much work on her next cookbook, which was moving right along until then. But there are worse problems to have....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
M
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
M
Ingwe just likes it so much cuz he is mentioned in it a few times lol

And shrapnel and Steve and ....

Someday I am gonna do something stupid enough to be worth a mention like you guys did lol

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Y'all have crashed their server!!!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I am ahead of all of you, I bought 2 and got the very first copy autographed. The second copy I sold to Travis for $54.00, so I ended up getting mine for free...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
JB's The Book of Gun Gack is very likely the best book written containing the most important information concerning
rifle ammo. If you don't know anything about it, or if you think you know it all, or even if you really do, JB's book will take you to new heights.

It's not a close call!

Steve

Last edited by 7x57STEVE; 12/10/15.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Got mine last week, along with Eileen's cook book. Wow...that thing is loaded with tons of info and like ingwe said, it's heavy.

Great reading folks...on both books....you owe it to yourself to order them.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
7x57Steve is right, apparently our website is getting too much traffic: You can look at all the books and other stuff, but not order 'em!

We have our web provider working on it, but in the meantime if you want to order something, either e-mail eileenriflesandrecipes.com or phone 406-521-0273.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
719 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,929 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.