Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
There are many great tips for better ammo and the only thing better than reading the book is loading some ammo with John's tips and hitting the range. smile

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Hopefully my copy went in the mail today. Cant wait. Thanks Mule Deer!

GreggH

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep, your GACK headed out yesterday afternoon with a personalized inscription. The Deep Creek Press CEO decided long ago that ALL books would be signed before shipping, and special messages would be part of the deal. Of course, we don't guarantee the message will be legible, only that there's no extra change. :-)

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Heck I am impressed the CEO still answers the phone! Thanks again.
GreggH

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Actually, I'm not the CEO. That's Eileen. I'm primarily a lowly "content provider," the current phrase some use for "writer." Though often I'm also recruited to carry boxes of books here and there.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
And he hasn't aged a day since!

Have you slept in a bed next to his lately? grin

Conduct is the best proof of character.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Actually, I'm not the CEO. That's Eileen. I'm primarily a lowly "content provider," the current phrase some use for "writer." Though often I'm also recruited to carry boxes of books here and there.

I assume it is a female majority owned enterprise?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yep! She started the website, and has been running it now for over a decade.

John Steinbeck
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Got my book yesterday, that's some fast service! Can't wait to dive in it.

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Good to hear yours got there quickly!

Most do, but one copy just spent six weeks spinning back and forth out of what we call the "Denver Vortex" before finally being delivered. We've now had two book packages spend considerable time in Denver, because the Denver USPS occasionally sends one to the wrong state. This 6-week package was supposed to go to Nebraska, but instead went first to Cheyenne, Wyoming, from where it was returned to Denver. It was then sent to Great Falls, Montana. It made a couple more trips to Cheyenne and Great Falls similar before finally making it to Nebraska--which borders Colorado, so you'd think they'd know where it's located. The Denver Vortex might be due to Colorado's legalization of marijuana, but who knows?

John Steinbeck
IC B3

N
NTG Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Love the humor, John. Thanks

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Good to hear! But rifle loonies are a naturally amusing group of humans.

John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Good to hear yours got there quickly!

Most do, but one copy just spent six weeks spinning back and forth out of what we call the "Denver Vortex" before finally being delivered. We've now had two book packages spend considerable time in Denver, because the Denver USPS occasionally sends one to the wrong state. This 6-week package was supposed to go to Nebraska, but instead went first to Cheyenne, Wyoming, from where it was returned to Denver. It was then sent to Great Falls, Montana. It made a couple more trips to Cheyenne and Great Falls similar before finally making it to Nebraska--which borders Colorado, so you'd think they'd know where it's located. The Denver Vortex might be due to Colorado's legalization of marijuana, but who knows?

I hope it didn't get dog-earred!

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
When I received my book I promptly took it to Kinko's and had it spiral bound. I lays open very well that way. I got the idea from someone here on the fire but I can't recall who it was.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
We might consider spiral binding for future printings, though it would probably up the cost a dollar or so. We already do it with Eileen's cookbooks so they'll lie flat on a kitchen counter.

But a lot of rifle loonies prefer traditional stuff. I'd be interested in hearing opinions.

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But a lot of rifle loonies prefer traditional stuff. I'd be interested in hearing opinions.

I had mine spiral bound. Downside is the title is gone. Upside is I don't have any other spiral bound on the shop shelf to confuse myself.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I like a regular bound book. A cook book is different. It needs to be read while cooking. So a spiral bound is better for reading the recipe while cooking.

When it comes to a reloading manual, I use it as a reference. Then I work up a load. Once I have a load developed, I transfer the information to an excell spread sheet then print it. And file the sheet into my 3 ring binder.

If you reload, there's no such thing as an obsolete cartridge.

Once you render an opinion, you open yourself up to criticism.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Thanks for the feedback. Anybody else got an opinion on bound vs. spiral?

John Steinbeck
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
John:

Bound volumes fit in my bookcases better, and what I've found is that over the years the inside page edges of spiral bound books tend to bugger a little. My preference has always been for regular bound books and manuals, but I can certainly live with spiral bound as well.

Just my $.02

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Thanks for the feedback. Anybody else got an opinion on bound vs. spiral?

Definitely bound. Spiral bound pages always end up tearing out on the most referenced pages.

Really enjoyed reading the book for the stories even more than the data. Nice interesting read.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 58 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,572
Posts18,453,885
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.